AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Hey @AudioGod buddy.

Thanks for the update on 0.6.2, as well as the F11L Bios.

I updated my Bios and used the new configuration file you posted but it won't boot?

It starts to boot up and restarts immediately, too quickly I can't see whats happening.

I have Reset NVRAM cleared kext cache etc but no avail, any ideas what my cause that?

0.60 still works fine with Big Sur, only thing I changed was Serial & MLB info on the config.plist

Thanks!

Edited by ainsleyclark

11 hours ago, Locked Down said:

Config looks good, are they the latest, v1.1.2 versions?

Yes they are, I was particularly meticulous about the versions I chose. The concept is very exciting but as the process is still on going, I will hold off but will keep the EFI Folder with the Intel WIFI/BT kexts on a USB test drive for a later date.

1 hour ago, ainsleyclark said:

Hey @AudioGod buddy.

Thanks for the update on 0.6.2, as well as the F11L Bios.

I updated my Bios and used the new configuration file you posted but it won't boot?

It starts to boot up and restarts immediately, too quickly I can't see whats happening.

I have Reset NVRAM cleared kext cache etc but no avail, any ideas what my cause that?

0.60 still works fine with Big Sur, only thing I changed was Serial & MLB info on the config.plist

Thanks!

Thats strange as a bunch of us are running BigSur using that EFI with no troubles. download the EFI again and try a second time please.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, AudioGod said:

There’s actually drivers now for the onboard WiFi card. It’s still very much in development but it got to the point where it works now, soon I might integrate it into my EFI but I’m waiting until it’s perfect before I go and do anything like that.

if you fancy trying it then here’s the link to the repo. :thumbsup_anim:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

If you have a crack at it then let me know how you get on.

If anybody else reading this fancy’s trying it out then please do report back to me on here with your results.

Good evening London, here are the results of the Dutch jury:

Royaume-uni: Douze points

United Kingdom: Twelve points

... oh wait a minute, wrong forum :hysterical:

So I gave it a go, downloaded latest drivers for Catalina (I used the AirportItlwm btw)

* I did not remove the Fenvi (I simply don't have the time to open the case, pull the card etc. -- and no, it's no plain laziness :no:)

- wifi works -- throughput was 20Mpbs on 5ghz vs Fenvi's 77Mpbs on 5ghz

- bluetooth was not discovered, instead it used the bluetooth on the Fenvi :wacko:

- continuity worked (opening webpage, calling via iphone)

- airdrop did not work

- sidecard with ipad did not work

Edited by Benjamin Franklin
Mbps corrected to Mpbs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Good evening London, here are the results of the Dutch jury:

Royaume-uni: Douze points

United Kingdom: Twelve points

... oh wait a minute, wrong forum :hysterical:

So I gave it a go, downloaded latest drivers for Catalina (I used the AirportItlwm btw)

* I did not remove the Fenvi (I simply don't have the time to open the case, pull the card etc. -- and no, it's no plain laziness :no:)

- wifi works -- throughput was 20mpbs on 5ghz vs Fenvi's 77mpbs on 5ghz

- bluetooth was not discovered, instead it used the bluetooth on the Fenvi :wacko:

- continuity worked (opening webpage, calling via iphone)

- airdrop did not work

- sidecard with ipad did not work

Hi @Benjamin Franklin

For my Fenvi, I use boot-args brcmfx-country=#a (Catalina) and brcmfx-country=#a brcmfx-driver=2 (Big Sur) latest AirportBrcmFixUp.kext: 351 mpbs on 5 Ghz (instead of 59mbps before)

You can't try, if you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Benjamin Franklin

For my Fenvi, I use boot-args brcmfx-country=#a (Catalina) and brcmfx-country=#a brcmfx-driver=2 (Big Sur) latest AirportBrcmFixUp.kext: 351 mpbs on 5 Ghz (instead of 59mbps before)

You can't try, if you want.

That's very nice of you to share, however, I don't have a problem with my Fenvi and the report was on using the OpenIntelWireless drivers as requested by Audiogod. 

The reported throughput was via speedtest.net and the Fenvi reaches the max downstream with my provider. I could test manually the throughput to my NAS, but don't see the point of it as the speedtest results are fine by me.

Network Utilty reports 304.2 mbps (the speedtrest results mentioned in the previous comment were Mbps -- I corrected the m to M))

I too use boot-args brcmfx-country=#a (Catalina).

Cheers.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 17.17.01.png

Edited by Benjamin Franklin
Added network utility output
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Hey Guys,

What settings would I need to change in OpenCore's config so that Windows is not detected whatsoever?  I've tried a few options but also lose MacOS detection.

Sorry buddy what do you mean exactly?

3 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Hey Guys,

What settings would I need to change in OpenCore's config so that Windows is not detected whatsoever?  I've tried a few options but also lose MacOS detection.

The easiest way is to open your config.plist file with Opencore Configurator. Select Misc on the left hand side and then Security at the top. If you then click on the icon next to Scan Policy you can choose what to show. Deselect what you don't want to see, eg deselecting  OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_NTFS will hide Windows.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

There is no Default for scan policy, it has to be a number. You are probably mixing it up with SecureBootModel which is generally set to Default.

So am I wrong here?

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 20.37.09.png

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 20.39.12.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Your be lucky bro or should I say I would be lucky. :hysterical:

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

No not ?? - TOODLES but it's ok if you want to be coy about your past on this Thread, here's to hoping we left the drama behind.

Sorry, no idea what you are talking about. Please fill me in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Locked Down said:

Sorry, no idea what you are talking about. Please fill me in.

Lets just say I have a knack at spotting Bots and Trolls, they have the same trait of shooting down other members without checking facts first even when they are kicked from the Thread and come back. I am not saying I'm always right with answers but when I am wrong I admit it and eat the biggest slice of humble pie. We are here to help each other not to be argumentative with other members. PEACE.

Sorry if I misunderstood your answer.. I thought you meant use the word 'Default' but you meant the default number that is in the sample.plist. In the same tab in Opencore Configurator the SecureBootModel has a number of options it can be set at, one of them being the word Default, I thought you had mixed up the two. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Locked Down said:

Sorry if I misunderstood your answer.. I thought you meant use the word 'Default' but you meant the default number that is in the sample.plist. In the same tab in Opencore Configurator the SecureBootModel has a number of options it can be set at, one of them being the word Default, I thought you had mixed up the two. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's ok misunderstandings I can easily forgive and forget, as I said, we are here to help each other. Without Audiogod's guidance on this Thread I would be still faffing about trying to get my Hack stable so I have Big Respect for the Man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1