AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes indeed it does buddy and always will. OC want to have the bios details the same across all OS so the ACPI carries though along with various other settings and quirks.

the ssdts are all bypassed to not affect other OS but they still all read.

In your first sentence you say "Yes......ACPI carries though along with various other settings and quirks".

And then you say "the ssdts are all bypassed to not affect other OS"

In other words you are saying they are carried through into Windows and then you say they aren't

Which one do you mean.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

In your first sentence you say "Yes......ACPI carries though along with various other settings and quirks".

And then you say "the ssdts are all bypassed to not affect other OS"

In other words you are saying they are carried through into Windows and then you say they aren't

Which one do you mean.

Yes the info inside the ssdt is  bypassed and yes they also still read but certain info is bypassed so windows still works but the acpi and the ssdts are loaded in to other OS along with certain quirks and other info.

read the manual dude and learn

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes the info inside the ssdt is  bypassed and yes they also still read but certain info is bypassed so windows still works but the acpi and the ssdts are loaded in to other OS along with certain quirks and other info.

read the manual dude and learn

No need to be rude.

So in lay man's terms, the ACPI info is not passed through to Windows, as I said originally.

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Yes indeed it does buddy and always will. OC want to have the bios details the same across all OS so the ACPI carries though along with various other settings and quirks.

the ssdts are all bypassed to not affect other OS but they still all read.

Thanks for the answer.  This causes my Windows to become deactivated like mentioned in the manual.  I'll have to see if I can add another UEFI entry so that if I need to boot into Windows I do it via UEFI instead of OpenCore.  

10 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

No need to be rude.

So in lay man's terms, the ACPI info is not passed through to Windows, as I said originally.

OpenCore wants to keep everything in line so you can go into windows and windows thinks your on a 19,1 iMac or whatever smbios your using so to do this a lot of the kernel and acpi, booter quirks, system info etc etc need to remain active for other OS to understand it’s a 19,1 iMac say but at the same time things like ssdt pm etc cause other OS to freak out so there’s bypasses inside the ssdt to stop other OS from reading it. Everything else still carries across otherwise.

Make since now Bro?

5 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Thanks for the answer.  This causes my Windows to become deactivated like mentioned in the manual.  I'll have to see if I can add another UEFI entry so that if I need to boot into Windows I do it via UEFI instead of OpenCore.  

That’s happening because your not using the boards true uuid and your using a generated one instead.

pull your true uuid and MAC address from your board and replace your plist info with it and that will be the end of the problem for you.

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

OpenCore wants to keep everything in line so you can go into windows and windows thinks your on a 19,1 iMac or whatever smbios your using so to do this a lot of the kernel and acpi, booter quirks, system info etc etc need to remain active for other OS to understand it’s a 19,1 iMac say but at the same time things like ssdt pm etc cause other so to freak out so there’s bypasses inside the ssdt to stop other OS from reading it. Everything else still carries across otherwise.

Make since now Bro?

So that confirms what I said - the ACPI (SSDTs) info is not passed through to Windows, or indeed Linux, just macOS.

6 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

So that confirms what I said - the ACPI (SSDTs) info is not passed through to Windows, or indeed Linux, just macOS.

some of the insides are bypassed not all. ACPI quirks still load and so do the ssdts just not all the info inside them.

simple as that

hes question was about the ACPI (as a whole I took that) not the ssdts.

can we stop with the I’m right no I’m right games now please pal?

Nice one lol

Edited by AudioGod

18 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

some of the insides are bypassed not all. ACPI quirks still load and so do the ssdts just not all the info inside them.

simple as that

hes question was about the ACPI (as a whole I took that) not the ssdts.

can we stop with the I’m right no I’m right games now please pal?

Nice one lol

Fine by me, just wanted to clear up any confusion that may exist for others reading the thread.

3 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

Fine by me, just wanted to clear up any confusion that may exist for others reading the thread.

well to be honest all you really did is cause bare confusion..lol..even to me as you can’t take the ACPI to mean a ssdt or that’s what would of been asked. My original answer is correct and hopefully you understand that now.

why do you want to have beef with me anyway brother? I’m cool and actually a nice guy but anytime I read your comments they are always prickly. Maybe you don’t mean it but that’s how you come across.

im willing to start again if you are anyway as I just wanna be cool. That sound good to you fella?

@Locked Down Are you a U.K. bod like me?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Haha 1

I'm cool with anything - so laid back that I fall asleep standing up. :)

One more question for you.

For those who don't want Windows to think it is running on a Mac, which may cause Windows to be deactivated and need reactivating with a different key if macOS was installed after Windows, have you ever tried setting PlatformInfo  - UpdateSMBIOSMode = Custom ?

I use this on my machines and never had any issue and Windows doesn't think it is an iMac or Mac Pro or anything else.

6 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

I'm cool with anything - so laid back that I fall asleep standing up. :)

One more question for you.

For those who don't want Windows to think it is running on a Mac, which may cause Windows to be deactivated and need reactivating with a different key if macOS was installed after Windows, have you ever tried setting PlatformInfo  - UpdateSMBIOSMode = Custom ?

I use this on my machines and never had any issue and Windows doesn't think it is an iMac or Mac Pro or anything else.

yes and it works but I know vit doesn’t like it being in there and will stop it working sooner or later so I leave it be.

windows will only deactivate if you use a custom uuid and rom instead of the boards ones.

just pull the real ones from your motherboard and then replace the custom info in your plist with the real ones and windows will recognise it correctly and stay activated, 

any other way like doing what your doing with the Custom smbios is just hiding the problem and that’s fine too but correct is correct no?

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

After all, everything about booting macOS on our own hardware is about compromises. :)

this is true but it’s not a work around I would advise and instead just tell them how to pull there own info. It’s even in the manual to read how to do it too.

again correct is correct and the way you suggest works for now but it’s nothing more then a work around and not a long term solution. As it will break sooner or later for the reason I said in my last post,

If I had more confidence in that method I would actually drop using ssdts and move over to my OpenCore DSDTs instead but I know that if I did that it would come back to bite me in an update or two so I figure it’s best to stay well away...lol...imagine the headache it would cause me? 
No Thank you very much :hysterical:

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

OpenCore wants to keep everything in line so you can go into windows and windows thinks your on a 19,1 iMac or whatever smbios your using so to do this a lot of the kernel and acpi, booter quirks, system info etc etc need to remain active for other OS to understand it’s a 19,1 iMac say but at the same time things like ssdt pm etc cause other OS to freak out so there’s bypasses inside the ssdt to stop other OS from reading it. Everything else still carries across otherwise.

Make since now Bro?

That’s happening because your not using the boards true uuid and your using a generated one instead.

pull your true uuid and MAC address from your board and replace your plist info with it and that will be the end of the problem for you.

Thanks for the info.  Might already be too late for me since MS has already flagged my machine as being different and even changing everything back to stock is giving me issues.  I may just reinstall again and see if it activates and if not I'll just give them a call.

You were right though, I had a custom UUID set and brought over from Clover days.  I also never changed the ROM info for Opencore.  Set everything to match my true motherboard info so moving forward I should be fine.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Thanks for the info.  Might already be too late for me since MS has already flagged my machine as being different and even changing everything back to stock is giving me issues.  I may just reinstall again and see if it activates and if not I'll just give them a call.

You were right though, I had a custom UUID set and brought over from Clover days.  I also never changed the ROM info for Opencore.  Set everything to match my true motherboard info so moving forward I should be fine.

Thanks again.

Yes buddy that will sort it out once and for all. :thumbsup_anim:

also you don’t need to reinstall windows just reactivate it and windows will pick it up when it see the correct info and activate again :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Just now, AudioGod said:

Yes buddy that will sort it out once and for all. :thumbsup_anim:

Do you use the front USB C of the O11D?  If so would you happen to know what it reports when charging and what the ports are supposed to be capable of?  Getting a 15W charge when I connect my MacBook.

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet Make sure you clear out your nvram when you make any kind changes like that.

Yup, made sure to do that. 

5 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Do you use the front USB C of the O11D?  If so would you happen to know what it reports when charging and what the ports are supposed to be capable of?  Getting a 15W charge when I connect my MacBook.

Yup, made sure to do that. 

Yup I do indeed use it but I have never tried to charge my dustbin lid pro that way and didn’t know that you could tbh, I didn’t think usb could give that high a wattage output to do that.

il give it a go and let you know.

I use my usb c front port for external hard drives mostly and to charge my iPad but that’s about it.

let me give it a try lol

have you tried to charge it off that port via windows?

Edited by AudioGod

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Yup I do indeed use it but I have never tried to charge my dustbin lid pro that way and didn’t know that you could tbh, I didn’t think usb could give that high a wattage output to do that.

il give it a go and let you know.

I use my usb c front port for external hard drives mostly and to charge my iPad but that’s about it.

let me give it a try lol

have you tried to charge it off that port via windows?

I don't charge it via that either but it's the only way I can tell if my ports are powered correctly...lol

On Windows it's also 15W to the macbook so I guess it's fine.  Only the front regular USB's have quick charging support on this board and you need the software to enable it.  Doesn't quite work with the 11 Pro.

@AudioGod I'll be upgrading to OC 0.6.2 today (still on Mojave, upgrading to Catalina today or tomorrow) using F11e. I want to upgrade my BIOS to a newer version since I'm still getting USB problems (speakers shutting off automatically). I use a 4K EIZO monitor, so I assume it should work correctly, since it's not 5K. Could you post which BIOS you recommend and the BIOS config file, so I can load all the settings in correctly?

Thanks in advance!

So I just updated to Open Core 0.6.2 and I got the following error:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation

OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!

OSB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Any ideas what to do?

Update @ 12:43:

Edited config.plist `SecureBootModel` and changed from `Default` to `Disabled`. Restarting, will see what happens.

Update @ 12:51:

Restarted and all is good.

Any particular reason why `SecureBootModel` is set to `Default` @AudioGod?

IMG_6697.jpg

Edited by M0r1d1n
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, M0r1d1n said:

@AudioGod I'll be upgrading to OC 0.6.2 today (still on Mojave, upgrading to Catalina today or tomorrow) using F11e. I want to upgrade my BIOS to a newer version since I'm still getting USB problems (speakers shutting off automatically). I use a 4K EIZO monitor, so I assume it should work correctly, since it's not 5K. Could you post which BIOS you recommend and the BIOS config file, so I can load all the settings in correctly?

Thanks in advance!

use this bios buddy (F11L with MSR unlock built into the bios as a setting so no profile needed)
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11l.zip

3 hours ago, M0r1d1n said:

So I just updated to Open Core 0.6.2 and I got the following error:

Any ideas what to do?

Update @ 12:43:

Edited config.plist `SecureBootModel` and changed from `Default` to `Disabled`. Restarting, will see what happens.

Update @ 12:51:

Restarted and all is good.

Any particular reason why `SecureBootModel` is set to `Default` @AudioGod?

IMG_6697.jpg

No reason other then a mistake I made, it works set to default under 19,1 on my setup so I left it that way but really should of changed it to Disabled. Thanks for pointing it out to me and I shall correct it and update the EFI accordingly.  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

And I just use the BIOS settings exactly like you provided for F11e, or are there any changes?

Same settings exactly plus 2 extra ones for you to dial in.

1 - disable MSR unlock 

2 - Disable the serial port

Other then that it’s the same settings as per page 1 :) 

I will update the thread with the extra settings for F11L and also post the bios too for everybody.

I will make a bios profile as well for all the people that want the easy life....lol

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Same settings exactly plus 2 extra ones for you to dial in.

1 - disable MSR unlock 

2 - Disable the serial port

Other then that it’s the same settings as per page 1 :) 

I will update the thread with the extra settings for F11L and also post the bios too for everybody.

I will make a bios profile as well for all the people that want the easy life....lol

Cheers, thanks.

Everything seems to be running fine on Catalina atm. Every my Apple Watch started working correctly.