AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, M0r1d1n said:

Cheers, thanks.

Everything seems to be running fine on Catalina atm. Every my Apple Watch started working correctly.

Good stufff,

Disabling the serial port will be the reason why your Apple Watch unlock is working for you now. 
the serial port breaks the unlock and stops it working.

@Matgen84 What’s going on with clover at the moment brother?

I find it works for big sur now but only with changes made to the plist and at the expense of breaking Catalina.

Is there no universal setup for clover that will work for both or is that the way it is at the moment?

Im not gonna update the Clover thread EFI if it’s one or the other but not both. That’s ridiculous.

Tell me I’m missing something here please and being dumb? LoL

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 What’s going on with clover at the moment brother?

I find it works for big sur now but only with changes made to the plist and at the expense of breaking Catalina.

Is there no universal setup for clover that will work for both or is that the way it is at the moment?

Im not gonna update the Clover thread EFI if it’s one or the other but not both. That’s ridiculous.

Tell me I’m missing something here please and being dumb? LoL

@AudioGod As I told you few week ago, I intend to send you my optimized EFI dossier for the new Clover. The config.plist is ready with the modifications made by the Opencore module.

Clover can boot Big Sur: two major problems remain. It does not yet manage the Big Sur Recovery volume. Concerning the OTA updates, there are problems: it does not allow to have the Delta updates. For Beta 10, software update offers me the full installer. The bootloader can boot also Mojave. For Catalina, I don't try but I think so.

In short, Clover is not fully operational in its r5124 release. I compile the following commits as I go. I think Clover will be ready in its 5125 version. Tell me what you do you think, Bro.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod As I told you few week ago, I intend to send you my optimized EFI dossier for the new Clover. The config.plist is ready with the modifications made by the Opencore module.

Clover can boot Big Sur: two major problems remain. It does not yet manage the Big Sur Recovery volume. Concerning the OTA updates, there are problems: it does not allow to have the Delta updates. For Beta 10, software update offers me the full installer. The bootloader can boot also Mojave. For Catalina, I don't try but I think so.

In short, Clover is not fully operational in its r5124 release. I compile the following commits as I go. I think Clover will be ready in its 5125 version. Tell me what you do you think, Bro.

Let’s wait until they sort it out properly in that case.

no point using it until it’s totally right. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Let’s wait until they sort it out properly in that case.

no point using it until it’s totally right. 

This is exactly what I think. In its new version, Clover has integrated Opencore features that are not fully implemented. Or not yet correctly applied. In short, there is still work to be done. The new config.plist with Openruntime, contrary to what I thought, will be for all versions of macOS. Let's wait.

Bios Update F11L and Settings Profile

Z390AORUSMASTER.F11l.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11L

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11L)

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

F11L BIOS Profile With MSR Unlocked & All The Correct Settings Dialled in for you - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

Default F11L.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11L ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked and all the correct settings will be dialled in for you.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Good stufff,

Disabling the serial port will be the reason why your Apple Watch unlock is working for you now. 
the serial port breaks the unlock and stops it working.

And it stopped working after a reboot. Apple Pay still works. WTF. Any ideas?

Edit: OK it seems to not work when in Sleep mode on watchOS 7.

Edited by M0r1d1n

1 minute ago, M0r1d1n said:

And it stopped working after a reboot. Apple Pay still works. WTF. Any ideas?

Yeah,

Untick auto unlock and then go into Keychain Access and then under view select show invisible items.

Then search Auto Unlock and select all the files under that name and delete them all and then search AutoUnlock and do the same again,

Once you have done that close Keychain Access and holding the alt key select Go and then select Library. Scroll down until you find the folder Sharing and open it and then open the folder AutoUnlock and delete the files inside it. Restart and then try enabling the unlock again.

That should fix it for you.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, AudioGod said:

Bios Update F11L and Settings Profile

Z390AORUSMASTER.F11l.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11L

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11L)

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

F11L BIOS Profile With MSR Unlocked & All The Correct Settings Dialled in for you - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

Default F11L.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11L ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked and all the correct settings will be dialled in for you.

Thank you!

Do I need to do step 6 and 7 if I use OpenCore?

Edited by photom

29 minutes ago, photom said:

Thank you!

Do I need to do step 6 and 7 if I use OpenCore?

Yes skip step 6 buddy as that’s for clover only. :)

you can even just copy across the settings without the need for the bios profile now, I did a profile anyway for the people that can’t be bothered....lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes skip step 6 buddy as that’s for clover only. :)

you can even just copy across the settings without the need for the bios profile now, I did a profile anyway for the people that can’t be bothered....lol

Cool - installed and my bluetooth stopped working - system no longer sees it. Strange thing - it does see the WiFi part that is part of the same card - I am using:  Fenvi T919

Tried to clear NVRAM 4 times - no change. 

Any recommendations ?

32 minutes ago, photom said:

Cool - installed and my bluetooth stopped working - system no longer sees it. Strange thing - it does see the WiFi part that is part of the same card - I am using:  Fenvi T919

Tried to clear NVRAM 4 times - no change. 

Any recommendations ?

That’s very random. Why would the bios stop the Bluetooth (internal usb) from working?

That makes zero sense to me but mind you it is a T919 (my most hated WiFi card) so I’m not that surprised. 
Nothing springs to mind why that would happen but let me think.

• Like 1

Hey all. Having a few issues with mapping the USB ports. I have managed to map all the USB 2, my front USB3 ports and 1 USB 3 port on the motherboard but I'm not able to get the rest of the USB3 and USB C ports mapped. Anyone got any advice? I have been using USBMap. I have also been using the layout attached to Glasgood's guide

P.S - Does anyone know a way of making mac completely ignore some HDD's that are currently in a Windows Storage Pool? I'm guessing it is the reason why they can't be seen when using macOS - But every start up I get 3 windows saying it was unable to read the drives - a little annoying but not the end of the world.

Edited by ManEatingSnail

20 hours ago, AudioGod said:

That’s very random. Why would the bios stop the Bluetooth (internal usb) from working?

That makes zero sense to me but mind you it is a T919 (my most hated WiFi card) so I’m not that surprised. 
Nothing springs to mind why that would happen but let me think.

What’s the problem with the Fenvi FV-T919? Did I miss the memo on this card?:cry:

I have that card and it’s been working perfectly... Now I’m biting my nails, scared shirtless and hesitant to upgrade my BIOS... :ihw_pop:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

What’s the problem with the Fenvi FV-T919? Did I miss the memo on this card?:cry:

I have that card and it’s been working perfectly... Now I’m biting my nails, scared shirtless and hesitant to upgrade my BIOS... :ihw_pop:

You mean what’s right with that card? :hysterical:

I just don’t like them brother, built and work like {censored}e and use fake chipsets but saying all of that it does work.

As for the bios thing now that is totally random and I don’t or can’t believe a bios upgrade could cause that to happen. In fact I’m waiting for somebody else with a t919 to give it a bash.

Remember you can always roll the bios back to a previous version or use the dual bios.

Go on my son go for it....:hysterical:

Edited by AudioGod

20 hours ago, ManEatingSnail said:

Hey all. Having a few issues with mapping the USB ports. I have managed to map all the USB 2, my front USB3 ports and 1 USB 3 port on the motherboard but I'm not able to get the rest of the USB3 and USB C ports mapped. Anyone got any advice? I have been using USBMap. I have also been using the layout attached to Glasgood's guide

P.S - Does anyone know a way of making mac completely ignore some HDD's that are currently in a Windows Storage Pool? I'm guessing it is the reason why they can't be seen when using macOS - But every start up I get 3 windows saying it was unable to read the drives - a little annoying but not the end of the world.

Have you tried using my USB.Kext from my Z390 Pro EFI buddy?

Your actually on the wrong thread as this is my Z390 Master thread but no biggie just thought I would point it out. Go here :)

And for your hard drives that you want to hide in MacOS just follow this simple little guide as it explains it better then I do. 
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/11/24/prevent-partitions-from-mounting-mac/

6 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Have you tried using my USB.Kext from my Z390 Pro EFI buddy?

Your actually on the wrong thread as this is my Z390 Master thread but no biggie just thought I would point it out. Go here :)

And for your hard drives that you want to hide in MacOS just follow this simple little guide as it explains it better then I do. 
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/11/24/prevent-partitions-from-mounting-mac/

Hey mate, Yeah I've copied over the Kext from your Z390 Pro EFI and it hasn't made a difference, its not a big issue, everything else works perfectly. Might be I've got a couple things wrong somewhere, I'm not sure.

Sorry I must of clicked the wrong thread when I was looking to reply. My bad!!

Thanks for the link I shall do that now and hopefully it'll stop the annoying pop ups :)

Edited by ManEatingSnail

6 hours ago, AudioGod said:

You mean what’s right with that card? :hysterical:

I just don’t like them brother, built and work like {censored}e and use fake chipsets but saying all of that it does work.

As for the bios thing now that is totally random and I don’t or can’t believe a bios upgrade could cause that to happen. In fact I’m waiting for somebody else with a t919 to give it a bash.

Remember you can always roll the bios back to a previous version or use the dual bios.

Go on my son go for it....:hysterical:

BIOS upgraded to F11l and profile loaded.

I did make some changes in the profile (Vt-d is enabled, Onboard Wifi is enabled (I use this for Windows) and ErP is disabled) but MSR is still unlocked :)

Oh and bluetooth of my Fenvi FV-T919 works ;):P:hysterical:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

BIOS upgraded to F11l and profile loaded.

I did make some changes in the profile (Vt-d is enabled, Onboard Wifi is enabled (I use this for Windows) and ErP is disabled) but MSR is still unlocked :)

Oh and bluetooth of my Fenvi FV-T919 works ;):P:hysterical:

There’s actually drivers now for the onboard WiFi card. It’s still very much in development but it got to the point where it works now, soon I might integrate it into my EFI but I’m waiting until it’s perfect before I go and do anything like that.

if you fancy trying it then here’s the link to the repo. :thumbsup_anim:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

If you have a crack at it then let me know how you get on.

If anybody else reading this fancy’s trying it out then please do report back to me on here with your results.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

There’s actually drivers now for the onboard WiFi card. It’s still very much in development but it got to the point where it works now, soon I might integrate it into my EFI but I’m waiting until it’s perfect before I go and do anything like that.

if you fancy trying it then here’s the link to the repo. :thumbsup_anim:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

If you have a crack at it then let me know how you get on.

If anybody else reading this fancy’s trying it out then please do report back to me on here with your results.

I've been using it for the last few months, the Big Sur version seems to run a lot better than the Catalina one for me. I find Big Sur in beta to be a lot better than Catalina and rarely use Catalina now. Nothing I run in Catalina doesn't run in BS for me. The BS GM can't be far off now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

B if you're talking about the onboard wifi card I might give it another go when in your opinion you think it's worth another shot.

32 minutes ago, eSaF said:

B if you're talking about the onboard wifi card I might give it another go when in your opinion you think it's worth another shot.

It's always worth a try, you can't lose anything by giving it a go. There are 2 separate version for Catalina and Big Sur so make sure you use the right one. If you are trying the BS Beta, you can try both, just rename one, or both of them, and set the MinKernel/MaxKernal values in OC to the correct ones (19.0.0/19.9.9 for Catalina and 20.0.0/20.9.9 for Big Sur)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

It's always worth a try, you can't lose anything by giving it a go. There are 2 separate version for Catalina and Big Sur so make sure you use the right one. If you are trying the BS Beta, you can try both, just rename one, or both of them, and set the MinKernel/MaxKernal values in OC to the correct ones (19.0.0/19.9.9 for Catalina and 20.0.0/20.9.9 for Big Sur)

Actually I just finished the process of giving it another go with the new drivers, obviously I am using the BS version. I will test for a few days and see how the performance is over my Apple WFI,BT Card but at the first hint of trouble, I will be scurrying back to my tried and tested. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1