AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Hello there

1- I have AMD+Nvidia GPUs plugged at same time with an HDMI and DP to the same monitor in a dual boot with OpenCore.

2- AMD is disabled on Windows 10 and Nvidia is disabled on macOS Big Sur.

The thing is macOS boots perfectly, but when i try to boot on Windows... it gets freeze in the loading screen. If i unplug the AMD gpu cable Windows boots fine..

Is there any way to boot Windows perfectly without unplugging the AMD gpu?

Thank you in advance if anyone can help and sorry for my english :)

EDIT:

I just realized if i boot into macOS first then go to Preferences/Boot Disk/Windows it does the job, but is there any way to do this from OpenCanopy picker?

Edited by skatergos

• 2 weeks later...

I switched a while back from Clover to OpenCore. I did nothing else except follow AudioGod's guide (so only adding your own serial and ROM numbers).

It works perfect. My BIOS is the 11c version. No problems.

Yesterday I updated to OpenCore 6.1 and also updated the kexts. Stable as a rock.

So jake_mike do yourself a favour and ditch Clover for OpenCore, even if it's just to boot from an USB driver and see if your hub will work.

• Like 1

After updating lately it seems that my USB 3.0 front ports are no longer charging my phone and tablet with the increased current available.  Previously I fixed this by making my own SSDT-EC-USBX with hackintool. I tried adding that SSDT-EC-USBX that I made previously to the 2 in the file but it did not help.  Checked and in windows the front USB port charges properly and fast.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by bbritton
edit SSDT name

29 minutes ago, jake_mike said:

How come some people are on the F11k BIOS? The most recent version on the Gigabyte's website is F11c :huh:

Because F11k is possibly a Beta version that is under testing and not on general release by Gigabyte.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jake_mike said:

How come some people are on the F11k BIOS? The most recent version on the Gigabyte's website is F11c :huh:

I use F11k with Catalina, latest Big Sur beta, ubuntu and windows 10. Stabile with overclock 5.1 on i9 9900k and 3000 MHz to 3600 mhz ram.

Now I see F11l. I'll try the new one.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

Hey to all, i have a problem with sleep. It's related to WiFI/BT adapter (DW1560). If i disconnect the usb header from motherboard, sleep is working but if i connect it, wakes up immediately. 

I am with opencore 0.6.1, i have try different combinations of usbport.kext, pci-e x1 and 3 slot. Any thoughts?

Edited by jimmakos001

17 minutes ago, photom said:

I don't think he did - I am sure he will pop out in the next few days with an updated version of OpenCore.  

He visits the site regularly but hasn't bothered with OC 0.6.1 so far. OC 0.6.2 should be out in the next few days.

If you want you can download OC 0.6.1, updated Lilu VirtualSMC and WEG kexts, directly from the GitHub page. Copy over your kexts, ssdts and config.plist file. If you then load the config file with Opencore Configurator (v 2.14) it will automatically add the extra bits that are needed, e.g the Arch field.

Everyone should be able to do a few bits and pieces like this on their Hack rather than solely relying on others, it is how you learn more about your system.

• Like 2