AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

I have Razer Core-X eGPU with AMD RX570. It works fine with Windows 10 on Z390 Master.

How do I make it work with current Opencore EFI?

I do not see any device when eGPU is plugged in SS01 (Port 0x11) or SS06 (Port 0x16) - both are Type C ports. 

Any ideas? Sincerely appreciate the help. 

7 hours ago, inet777 said:

I have Razer Core-X eGPU with AMD RX570. It works fine with Windows 10 on Z390 Master.

How do I make it work with current Opencore EFI?

I do not see any device when eGPU is plugged in SS01 (Port 0x11) or SS06 (Port 0x16) - both are Type C ports. 

Any ideas? Sincerely appreciate the help. 

Is that not a Thunderbolt device? The Z390 Master does not have Thunderbolt, only USB.

• Like 1

OpenCore 0.6.2 EFI Update (Big Sur Ready), 5th October 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11L or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.3

Lilu 1.4.8

WhateverGreen 1.4.3

VirtualSMC 1.1.7

AirportBrcmFixup 2.1.0

IntelMausi 1.0.4

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.2 (Big Sur Ready)

OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.2 - 05/10/2020

OpenCore 062 Z390 Master 19,1 051020.zip - OpenCore v0.6.2, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 062 Z390 Master 1,1 051020.zip - OpenCore v0.6.2, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11L Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

Z390AORUSMASTER.F11l.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11L

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11L BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

Default F11L.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11L ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Clover EFI Update Coming Soon (I am holding off from updating the Clover EFI until it is fully Big Sur Compatible and will update the EFI as soon as it is so)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hi all,

Been searching the topic to check if I could find info about the transitioning from Clover to OC but couldn't find any. (see screens)

Can I just download the OC EFI, edit the plist and replace it with the EFI folder? Or is there more the be taken care of?

Thx in advance.

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-11 om 00.45.09.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-11 om 00.44.35.png

4 hours ago, decat said:

Hi all,

Been searching the topic to check if I could find info about the transitioning from Clover to OC but couldn't find any. (see screens)

Can I just download the OC EFI, edit the plist and replace it with the EFI folder? Or is there more the be taken care of?

Thx in advance.

@decat You don't need info about  the transitioning from Clover to OC. In this topic, you can find OC EFI (latest Opencore release) ready for Z390 Aorus Master.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, decat said:

Indeed, I could have been more clearer by mentioning that I'm running this build with Clover....

Sorry. Be more clear, explain yourself because we do not understand what you need and what you want

Since OC seems the way to go I would like to know how to change my / Audiogod's Clover to OC.

Already searched a lot last night but couldn't find any precise info. Most guides explain how to transition to OC by building your own EFI but couldn't find one how to do it when the EFI is already available.

Will it need a complete reinstall of my system?

Or can I just replace the Clover EFI folder with the OC folder, wipe NVRAM & reboot? Before reboot eventually reinstalling MacOS over the actual system which would set all system folders back to stock / normal.

I'm not asking you guys to hold my hand but I do need a bump in the right direction.  :)

18 minutes ago, decat said:

Since OC seems the way to go I would like to know how to change my / Audiogod's Clover to OC.

Already searched a lot last night but couldn't find any precise info. Most guides explain how to transition to OC by building your own EFI but couldn't find one how to do it when the EFI is already available.

Or can I just replace the Clover EFI folder with the OC folder, wipe NVRAM & reboot? Before reboot eventually reinstalling MacOS over the actual system which would set all system folders back to stock / normal.

I'm not asking you guys to hold my hand but I do need a bump in the right direction.  :)

I already answer to this question before. @AudioGod has posted Monday 6, OC EFI folder for Z390 Aorus Master (page #59). First read his post: there are all the explanations you need: just change EFI folder with Imac19,1 SMBIOS. Don't forget to put your Serial, ROM (or use default create by AudioGod), MLB, SmUUID. That's all.

A reinstallation is no necessary. @AudioGod Folder is "the solution" for your system.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, decat said:

Just replace your Clover EFI with the OC EFI, copy your serial, rom and mlb (and check if have MSR enabled) and you’re done. That’s what I did and it works perfectly. Very stable. On the first boot I did a clear nvram, nothing else. In case it wet sideways I had a USB with my working clover EFI ready.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Just replace your Clover EFI with the OC EFI, copy your serial, rom and mlb (and check if have MSR enabled) and you’re done. That’s what I did and it works perfectly. Very stable. On the first boot I did a clear nvram, nothing else. In case it wet sideways I had a USB with my working clover EFI ready.

Did you do that in this order?

1. Replace Clover EFI with OC EFI

2. Reboot and clear nvram (where can I clean my nvram? is there a shortcut shown on the screen?)

3. Install Big Sur

3 hours ago, Blesh said:

Did you do that in this order?

1. Replace Clover EFI with OC EFI

2. Reboot and clear nvram (where can I clean my nvram? is there a shortcut shown on the screen?)

3. Install Big Sur

When you get to the OpenCore bootpicker press the space bar to reveal the option to clear the NVram and then clear it a couple of times before booting into macOS using OC for the first time.

also make sure you remove RC scripts if you were using them in clover or your have all sorts of trouble.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, Benjamin Franklin said:

I don’t know if you are coming from Audiogod’s Clover EFI or another. If it’s not Audiogod’s then make sure to check the /library/extensions folder for kexts that could or should be (re)moved. (Thinking of fakesmc for one).

Indeed, (was) running AudioGod's Clover till some minutes ago and ran great since January.

Switched to the latest OC, had an security issue while booting ( see below). After a quick search in Google I had to disable the SecureBootModel and boots fine since then!

No one else had this?

Thanks again for the help / info all!

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

22 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Sorry for the stupid question as I been out of the loop for a while now.

Does booting Windows from Opencore still transfer over the ACPI stuff from MacOS?

Yes indeed it does buddy and always will. OC want to have the bios details the same across all OS so the ACPI carries though along with various other settings and quirks.

the ssdts are all bypassed to not affect other OS but they still all read.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1