AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, photom said:

Yep.  And cleared nvram 5 times.  This is what I am getting:  https://cloud.photom.me/X6udEyLd

Have you tried a full cold reboot, ie shutdown and turn power off at PSU / pull power cable, for at least 10 seconds? This can happen if you have say booted into Windows, or another OS, and then go back into macOS. Each OS can upload its own firmware to the device which is only cleared by removing power completely from the board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Locked Down said:

Have you tried a full cold reboot, ie shutdown and turn power off at PSU / pull power cable, for at least 10 seconds? This can happen if you have say booted into Windows, or another OS, and then go back into macOS. Each OS can upload its own firmware to the device which is only cleared by removing power completely from the board.

This is a new installation.  New other OS is present on the system - clean MacOS installation.

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 Did you test under the same conditions or was it with big sur?

@AudioGod I test only on Big Sur with AirportItlwm + Bluetooth plugins who use native macOS Wifi in finder menu bar. Only Itlwm use HellioPort, macOS see it as Ethernet connection. This is why I don't understand @photom's issue because your EFI contains only AirportItlwm and Bluetooth plugins. Strange.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, photom said:

This is a new installation.  New other OS is present on the system - clean MacOS installation.

Try this for me,

go into the plist and under Misc, Security, change SecureBootModel to Default save and restart.

do it to a USB key to test incase it breaks system boot. :thumbsup_anim:

@photom Failing that download the latest kext from this link https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/download/v1.2.0-alpha/AirportItlwm-Catalina-v1.2.0-DEBUG-alpha-74c2cdf.zip

Drop it into the OC Kext folder and replace when asked then restart with a nvram clear before you boot back in.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Try this for me,

go into the plist and under Misc, Security, change SecureBootModel to Default save and restart.

do it to a USB key to test incase it breaks system boot. :thumbsup_anim:

@photom Failing that download the latest kext from this link https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/download/v1.2.0-alpha/AirportItlwm-Catalina-v1.2.0-DEBUG-alpha-74c2cdf.zip

Drop it into the OC Kext folder and replace when asked then restart with a nvram clear before you boot back in.

It worked!  Let me know udpate the kext.  Will report after reboot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Awesome but What fixed it bro?

the kext or the plist change?

Sorry for not being clear.

Changing the SecureBootModel to Default and then clearing NVRAM solved the issue.

I have now updated the KEXT and still Bluetooth and WiFi works perfectly fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, photom said:

Sorry for not being clear.

Changing the SecureBootModel to Default and then clearing NVRAM solved the issue.

I have now updated the KEXT and still Bluetooth and WiFi works perfectly fine.

Ok interesting, Let me make a new EFI for you in that case as I want to try something.

In Big Sur I have to force IO80211 to work to get WiFi working as I can’t set SecureBootModel to default under Big Sur but it seems Catalina needs SecureBootModel set to default for it to work so forcing IO80211 isn’t needed and or doesn’t work.

Actually you can disable in the list and see for me if you don’t mind?

In the plist under kernel, force, set the IO80211 Patch to No save and restart and tell me if WiFi remains the same for you?

Edited by AudioGod

10 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ok interesting, Let me make a new EFI for you in that case as I want to try something.

In Big Sur I have to force IO80211 to work to get WiFi working as I can’t set SecureBootModel to default under Big Sur but it seems Catalina needs SecureBootModel set to default for it to work so forcing IO80211 isn’t needed and or doesn’t work.

Actually you can disable in the list and see for me if you don’t mind?

In the plist under kernel, force, set the IO80211 Patch to No save and restart and tell me if WiFi remains the same for you?

@AudioGod A few things - unfortunately after clearing NVRAM a few times the system did not boot anymore.  I had to use my USB to with previous version of the config.plist to get back to the desktop.  I had to change the SecureBootModel back to previous state to allow the boot to proceed.  Oh and Wifi is back to its original state - not working.

One thing that I have also observed that the Bluetooth does not allow you to add new devices - except those that you have connected through iCloud.  Sidecar { when wifi was working } is also not working.  

Edited by photom

31 minutes ago, photom said:

@AudioGod A few things - unfortunately after clearing NVRAM a few times the system did not boot anymore.  I had to use my USB to with previous version of the config.plist to get back to the desktop.  I had to change the SecureBootModel back to previous state to allow the boot to proceed.  Oh and Wifi is back to its original state - not working.

One thing that I have also observed that the Bluetooth does not allow you to add new devices - except those that you have connected through iCloud.  Sidecar { when wifi was working } is also not working.  

I have added the flag once again - SecureBootModel set to DEFAULT.  Redo the bios so I have really clear NVRAM.  No crashes anymore but Bluetooth behaves as mentioned before - no sidecar, not able to add new devices - I only see my AirpodsPro which synced from iCloud.  

13 minutes ago, photom said:

I have added the flag once again - SecureBootModel set to DEFAULT.  Redo the bios so I have really clear NVRAM.  No crashes anymore but Bluetooth behaves as mentioned before - no sidecar, not able to add new devices - I only see my AirpodsPro which synced from iCloud.  

Did some additional testing - tried to connect to my Airpods Pro and no luck - not able to connect.

I have Turned off the IO80211 Patch and the WiFi is still working fine.  

Edited by photom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@photom My AirPod Pros worked for me when I tried them, and my daughter standard AirPods.

As you can tell by now the kexts have a long way togo before they are totally right but at least they are on the right path and if they carry on developing it like they are it won’t be long before it’s all working right.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 3:29 PM, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod Remember: I don't remove my poor Fenvi card. :hysterical:  I only create a SSDT to disable it at boot. The airportItwlm doesn't detect my phone by bluetooth, don't recognize boot-args country-code=#a (country code = ZZ is displayed).
Sometimes, I've got some problem to connect 5gHz and the speed is 140Mhz instead of 321Mhz (Fenvi T919). 

My opinion: AirportItwlm is too unstable yet for me. :cry: I wait next release.

@Matgen84Does that disable Bluetooth as well? Without removing the card, I could not test the intel properly because macos recognized and uses only the fenvi bluetooth on my rig.

can you share how you disable the card via ssdt?

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

15 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

@Matgen84Does that disable Bluetooth as well? Without removing the card, I could not test the intel properly because macos recognized and uses only the fenvi bluetooth on my rig.

can you share how you disable the card via ssdt?

@Benjamin Franklin I suppose if the ssdt disable the Fenvi card, he desactivates the bluetooth too. I didn't watch the new @AudioGod USBports.kext, I have to do it. 

I upload my experimental SSDT. If you have a solution to change country code for Intel wifi card, I can't. Even with AirportBrcmFixUp boot args in the config.plist.

SSDT-DRP21-FENVI.aml

Edited by Matgen84

Just now, hungrywallet said:

Nahhh, got everything set up the way I want it now.  Going to actually use the system for a week or two before I go breaking it again...lol

Wait until you start seeing people on the thread biging it up. It works better with Big Sur then it does with Cat but is getting more usable by the week. It’s looking very promising. 

Just now, AudioGod said:

Wait until you start seeing people on the thread biging it up. It works better with Big Sur then it does with Cat but is getting more usable by the week. It’s looking very promising. 

Yeah, I'd love for it to work well.  Would love to remove a bluetooth dongle and a wifi card from my rig as well.

It's been a week now that I moved to F11L and so far it's been less stable compared to my experience with F11c.

Every couple of sleep cycles my computer freezes, a lot of HD activity, screen goes black and I'll have to reboot.

That didn't happen with F11c and OC60-61 -- rock stable.

Hopefully it will be more stable once I move to BS...

• Sad 1