AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2021 at 1:39 PM, Benjamin Franklin said:

My rig wakes up every now and then, for example when non disturb time switches and when messages received, despite that lan and power nap settings are off.

Suggestions?

Edit: I also experience extremely slow booting. The first apple logo stalls halfway for a long long time with a lot of hard disk activity.

P.s. sad to read about your power distaster, I've had it after lightning struck at my neighbours, no fun. Good luck with the repairs and insurance fight.

Me too, slow booting and feel like something wrong with hard disk checking process. But when it booted into os, everything work smoothly

I need some help. @AudioGod or @MaLd0n, do you have a solution for the following?

After updating to monterey my hackintosh (Z390 Aorus Master with FENVI see my signature for more details) wakes up at exactly 7am and 22pm.

I don't know why and i don't know when at that time.

When I run:

pmset -g log | grep -i "wake from" 

I get this output:

2021-11-24 07:00:10 +0100 DarkWake            	DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to RTC/Maintenance Using AC (Charge:0%) 0 secs    
2021-11-24 07:00:21 +0100 DarkWake            	DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to RTC/HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%) 10 secs   
2021-11-24 07:00:31 +0100 Wake                	DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)           
2021-11-24 22:00:10 +0100 DarkWake            	DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to RTC/Maintenance Using AC (Charge:0%) 0 secs    
2021-11-24 22:00:22 +0100 DarkWake            	DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to RTC/HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%) 10 secs   
2021-11-24 22:00:32 +0100 Wake                	DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)  

A regular wake from sleep initiated by me, shows this in the log:

2021-11-19 10:18:04 +0100 DarkWake            	DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to XDCI/ Using AC (Charge:0%) 32 secs   
2021-11-19 10:18:36 +0100 Wake                	DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)     

What suggestions can you offer me to fix this?

Thanks!

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

On 11/24/2021 at 6:16 PM, Benjamin Franklin said:

After updating to monterey my hackintosh (Z390 Aorus Master with FENVI see my signature for more details) wakes up at exactly 7am and 22pm.

I don't know why and i don't know when at that time.

wake from lan is disabled on bios.uefi and system preferences?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, MaLd0n said:

Send me mccoffee.zip

Thanks Maldon ;)

Edited by Benjamin Franklin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all,

I'm digging up this post, as I'm still running the same config (Z390 aorus master, rx5700xt...).

All works good under the last Ventura version, with latest opencore, updated frequently with OCAT.

But since a few months, I get random crashes (computer freeze, then eventually reboots after a minute or two).

Not sure how, but I think this is graphic-related, even thought I'm not doing graphic-related tasks (mainly audio works).

Any ideas regarding this problem ? Is anyone still updating EFIs on this board ?

Thank you all

37 minutes ago, nitroshady said:

Hi all,

I'm digging up this post, as I'm still running the same config (Z390 aorus master, rx5700xt...).

All works good under the last Ventura version, with latest opencore, updated frequently with OCAT.

But since a few months, I get random crashes (computer freeze, then eventually reboots after a minute or two).

Not sure how, but I think this is graphic-related, even thought I'm not doing graphic-related tasks (mainly audio works).

Any ideas regarding this problem ? Is anyone still updating EFIs on this board ?

Thank you all

Hi - Remove your personal data from the config.plist, zip and upload the EFI Folder here and we'll take a look for you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nitroshady said:

That's adorable. Here it is :)

(i removed the "APPLE/FIRMWARE" folder which was 16,8 mo)

1082877262_EFI6.zip 5.96 MB · 2 downloads

Hi I have updated OC to the latest version plus all kexts as well. See the attached to indicate what was updated. You'll  need to put back your personal data to the config.plist before trying the updated EFI Folder (attached). Good luck.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 19.41.20.png

1727472629_EFI6.zip

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 8:50 PM, eSaF said:

Hi I have updated OC to the latest version plus all kexts as well. See the attached to indicate what was updated. You'll  need to put back your personal data to the config.plist before trying the updated EFI Folder (attached). Good luck.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 19.41.20.png

1727472629_EFI6.zip 4.7 MB · 3 downloads

Thank you very much eSaF. It boots up pretty well and all seems to work properly. We'll see if that random crash occurs again, I do hope not :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nitroshady said:

Well, I just had one. It freezes for like a minute, you can only move the cursor but that is all, and then go straight back to login page.

It froze after a wake from sleep, but I remember having similar crashes while I was using it.

Any ideas ?

Hi - I went through your config.plist and I think you should change this setting Platforminfo/Generic/ProcessorType to Zero as indicated in the attached (without the brackets). OC will assign the correct Processor so you don't have to enter a specific value which can cause problems if the value is incorrect. I suspect you or someone used the Mackie OC Configurator to edit the config.plist which has the tendency to enter some unwanted data particularly ProcessorType values. I hope this step will solve the freezing problem.

Spoiler

1778804542_Screenshot2023-02-16at15_48_02.png.6c458d08c204431027ba3df30b914c3b.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 5:50 PM, eSaF said:

Hi - I went through your config.plist and I think you should change this setting Platforminfo/Generic/ProcessorType to Zero as indicated in the attached (without the brackets). OC will assign the correct Processor so you don't have to enter a specific value which can cause problems if the value is incorrect. I suspect you or someone used the Mackie OC Configurator to edit the config.plist which has the tendency to enter some unwanted data particularly ProcessorType values. I hope this step will solve the freezing problem.

Reveal hidden contents

1778804542_Screenshot2023-02-16at15_48_02.png.6c458d08c204431027ba3df30b914c3b.png

Hi eSaf,

Sorry for the late answer, and thank you for yourt time and concern.

I followed your indications today, and let you know in a few days if everything runs fine :)

Thanks again

Edited by nitroshady
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...