macOS Catalina 10.15 is out !!!

d5aqoep

103 posts in this topic

Successful in place update from DP9 to 10.15_19A583 Release on my legacy Dell XPS M1530 with non metal Tesla Geforce 8600M GT...

1705681474_macOSCatalina_19A583onXPSM1530.thumb.png.bce68ee0970edeb18f63b7dc9865f09f.png

Full installer "Install macOS Catalina.app" is 8.1 GB in size, downloaded from Apple's software catalog and the following SHA1 for BaseSystem.dmg & InstallESD.dmg...

shasum BaseSystem.dmg e00b9998514f8a81ad490086c26ff9fe8b256d74
shasum InstallESD.dmg 2faf7d456ce292662a058cb571a520acabe81ce7

Catalina patcher v1.1.6 already updated and working for 10.15 final release with support for legacy non metal graphics cards, thanks to @dosdude & @ASentientBot :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, justin said:

im on 10.15 Beta (19A582a), not able to get updates.

Here's what you should do:

1. Open System Preferences on your Mac.
  2. Click on Software Update.
  3. On the left side, under the cog icon, you will see the message: "This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program". If you want to stop receiving beta updates on you Mac click on Details. 
  4. A pop up will appear asking you to confirm that you want to restore default update settings. It will indicaate that any current updates won't be removed but you will no longer receive beta updates. To confirm this click on Restore Defaults.

Having removed your Mac from the beta program, once Catalina arrives you will be able to install the final version of the new macOS on your Mac.

3 hours ago, sl0wtarget said:

I see some posts with what appear to be successful, straight Catalina updates on Hacks, is there anything to do (besides the obvious backing up) to prep a Hack for the update? Thanks!

I'd recommend to update clover to the latest version and take a look in the beta topic to apply needed patches and update kexts like lilu if necessary. Have patience during update process and wait for the reboots, even if your screen goes black. If you don't see anything, don't panic. Instead, check for a stucked installation process by looking at yout hdd led and wait. Bad signs are always repeated patterns of led flashing over a longer period or no hdd activity for more than a couple of minutes. In this case, boot verbose and see what it says and if you have pcie graphics, temporarely disable your IGPU. Also try orher way around. If still stucked, try safe mode or vga boot.

Edited by xtraa
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Just my opinion: maybe You use wrong SMBIOS. Try another one.

It's not wrong, I just didn't use an ecc ram. This SMBIOS works sooo perfect.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pavo said:

Just done it with dosdude's Catalina patcher and working fine. Make sure to download latest patcher.

Thank you... just bought a 16GB thumb drive to install in it with the patcher.... question, if we install the dosdude patch, will this still working in future catalina updates? or will break the patch?

16 hours ago, Pavo said:

Just done it with dosdude's Catalina patcher and working fine. Make sure to download latest patcher.

Thank you... just bought a 16GB thumb drive to install in it with the patcher.... question, if we install the dosdude patch, will this still working in future catalina updates? or will break the patch?

1 hour ago, Konami® said:

That depends on what gets changed in the updates, I check the Mac rumor forums where dosdude post to check if everything works fine before updating. But he has been pretty consistent on keeping his patcher updated.

2 hours ago, Un!x said:

It's not wrong, I just didn't use an ecc ram. This SMBIOS works sooo perfect.

Well from your system specs in your sig, you shouldn't be using a MacPro7,1 SMBIOS. So it is wrong.

• Like 1

Hi guys, good afternoon,

Update made but I have 2 problems, first I can't no matter what I do, to update clover... in second I have an popup telling me that the computer isn't able to read the disc... as you can see in the image below... how can I solve this?

Thanks in Advance

Captura de ecrã 2019-10-08, às 19.37.31.png

Captura de ecrã 2019-10-08, às 19.38.04.png

Can't add anything to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

I used this command but it didn't help;

sudo mount -uw /

I must add my custom EDID file to this folder. How can I add?

Edit: I forgot to use 'killall Finder' command. Now it's working.

Edited by telepati

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

Catalina Beta 11 (19A582a) won't let me update to Xcode 11.1. "Xcode could not be installed please try again later". Tried several times today with the same error.

Same error here. I ended up with upgrading to 19A583 and manually downloading the archive from developer.apple.com/download/more...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, headkaze said:

Catalina Beta 11 (19A582a) won't let me update to Xcode 11.1. "Xcode could not be installed please try again later". Tried several times today with the same error.

cd $TMPDIR../C/com.apple.appstore/ 

sudo rm -rf *

and try again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

For anyone interested, looks like dosdude1 does have a Catalina patcher. :)

http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

And for a video tour, you can also watch his video here:

if you have a real Mac computer hardware that does not support catalina, that patch will work but if you don't have a real Mac computer... that patch is useless.