AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

@Ron Lemmens, ok, so I guessed correctly that you are talking about that issue. I too have it, as I said, I just use my usb mouse or tablet to turn BR off and on right away, and it works fine. I also tried to disable XMP profile just to test that BT will work after sleep without me having to do the steps I mentioned, but I'm getting the same issue, therefore I  re-enabled the profile and I just do what I do :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question about ResizeAppleGpuBars and ResizeGpuBars.

I see that the 12k firmware of our board has an option to set to ResizeCpuBars to Auto. So to play around I set his to Auto and set both Quirks in OpenCore to 0. My system boots fine but I have no idea if this is even doing anything. How can I test this and can anyone give me a run down of what it is supposed to do? :)

I will say that I think I see a difference with iStat menus. Memory was always a full bar here but now it seems less. I'm sure I'm dreaming!

Spoiler

1789384927_ScreenShot2021-12-01at8_24_14PM.thumb.jpg.3701166152aa0ed554f5a08fcaf4d3c6.jpg

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.

I purchased a brand new Satechi X3 Bluetooth keyboard with the hope that it would work well with my Hackintosh.

While it worked OOTB on Windows, I am trying to connect it on Monterrey 12.0.1 and it just won't show up in the bluetooth menu. (while it does on my iPhone, my Hackintosh Windows installation etc)

I am using the TP-Link UB400 BT adapter and I used the BlueToolFixup.kext 2.6.1 solution and it seems to discover most BT devices, connect to them and work correctly since then.

I'm guessing it some error with my Hackintosh installation.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Hi,

I just realised that my Bluetooth is not working very well. So far I did not notice cause I never used it, except for AirDrop but now I have a BlackMagic SpeedEditor Keyboard and it's really unusable cause it has such a bad delay. I use the AudioGod EFI and tried the extra Bluetooth patch and tried both of the internal USB 2.0 ports. It works but has delay. Its a FENVi BCM94360CS2 card and should work OBB. The antennas are 1 meter away from the keyboard. Does anyone have similar problem or an idea how to solve it?

Smooth update to OC 076. Updated kexts, drivers, etc. Only had to add four items and delete one:

Add NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args > igfxfw=2
Add UEFI > Output > ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect (Boolean, False)
Add UEFI > Output > UIScale (Integer, 0) <-In my case I use 2
Add UEFI > Quirks > EnableVmx (Boolean, False)

Remove NVRAM > Add > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 > UIScale

Not entirely sure if the igfxf=2 is actually doing anything.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, benjiolino said:

Hi,

I just realised that my Bluetooth is not working very well. So far I did not notice cause I never used it, except for AirDrop but now I have a BlackMagic SpeedEditor Keyboard and it's really unusable cause it has such a bad delay. I use the AudioGod EFI and tried the extra Bluetooth patch and tried both of the internal USB 2.0 ports. It works but has delay. Its a FENVi BCM94360CS2 card and should work OBB. The antennas are 1 meter away from the keyboard. Does anyone have similar problem or an idea how to solve it?

I've read that using wifi at 2,4Gz can interfere with bluetooth, especially on these cards. Is that your case ? If so and if possible, it's better to switch to 5GHz. Note though that I've seen bluetooth keyboard delay even on actual macs with apple keyboards...

23 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Smooth update to OC 076. Updated kexts, drivers, etc. Only had to add four items and delete one:

Add NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args > igfxfw=2
Add UEFI > Output > ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect (Boolean, False)
Add UEFI > Output > UIScale (Integer, 0) <-In my case I use 2
Add UEFI > Quirks > EnableVmx (Boolean, False)

Remove NVRAM > Add > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 > UIScale

Not entirely sure if the igfxf=2 is actually doing anything.

Thank you, @pkdesign, for picking up the torch to ensure that even if new options aren't used in a particular new version (in this case, 0.7.6) of OpenCore, they are still included in the config.plist to potentially be used in future versions/alternate but similar configurations!

I tried igfxfw=2 as a boot arg too, and noticed (and a bit of searching finds similar experiences posted about) a bit of a lag going to/getting out of the boot screen, some spinning when opening up apps, none of which were there with only alcid=7 and -v. I wonder if igfxfw=2 was intended for older OSes? Clearly it does/did something of use, as on https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen, but unsure if it still does, or even now presents the apparent slowdown I experienced (at least for us running RX5x0s). As always, YMMV.

Other than leaving my UIScale integer at 0 cuz I'm only powering an HD monitor at the moment, all your other changes seem to work great on my system (I say, as I write on it)! Interestingly, leaving my config.plist untouched from 0.7.5 to 0.7.6 got me running with absolutely no errors (that I could see, as verbose text whizzed by… but I also screen-capped the first page of messages & there were no deal-breakers before the second page replaced it and rolled on until the boot screen). Reading the tea leaves of Differences.pdf ends up so iffy, about whether to apply any changes. So as above, even if legacy settings worked, I'm glad for your help getting ready for the future!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hi friends,

Gigabyte released a new BIOS just named "F12" w/o any sub version (i,j,k ... ) for the PRO 

Release notes : "Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns."

Wondering if there are any advantages.

Risky ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, texem said:

Hi friends,

Gigabyte released a new BIOS just named "F12" w/o any sub version (i,j,k ... ) for the PRO 

Release notes : "Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns."

Wondering if there are any advantages.

Risky ?

Yea I updated mine yesterday but haven't noticed any advantages apart from what is mentioned by Gigabyte so I went with their recommendation and updated.

• Like 3

@pkdesign, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I guess igfxfw=2 flag is suppose to be useful only for iGPU setups, meaning that since you are not using an integrated GPU you don't need that flag, no? Based on your signature I see that you have AMD Radeon/Intel HD 520, the later is iGPU, are you using it some how? The reason I'm asking that is if I could get something out of it it would be nice, like if the iGPU would handle the macOS graphical interface so my AMD Radeon would only focus on rendering more important staff (I might be completely wrong on that though). My setup currently has alcid=7 in boot-args.

Also, one more question, for those who are using Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe drive as the primary drive, in order to solve the trim issue I guess we have to wait for Samsung to release a firmware update (if they do) or maybe someone found a work-around? Every time I boot into my computer I have to wait exactly 7 minutes for trim to finish :(

Lastly, after wake from sleep, I have to use my usb wacom tablet to switch bluetooth off and on in order for the BT devices to be connected again, I have tried disabling the memory profile1 and restore the defaults in bios, but unlike to others, that didn't fixed that issue for me.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I downloaded the latest firmware for 970 evo plus, I flashed two different flash disks, but none of them was able to boot into the firmware update software, I was getting a black screen. I tried with different format types, also I tried both guid and mbr, nothing.. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be really helpful! 

UPDATE2:

FFS! It took me all night that the bootable usb disk won't boot because CSM was disabled in bios... damn... but now the samsung firmware update software cannot detect my drive, I think I will reset my bios to make sure that there isn't anything that interfere with the process and then re-apply the settings. For some reason when I export the profile it isn't saved and I have to manually reapply all the settings. My current 970 evo+ firmware version is 2B2QEXM7, Samsung released 4B2QEXM7 so I hope that will fix the huge trim time it takes to boot.

UPDATE3:

After trying over and over again, I finally give up, the Samsung ssd firmware update software simply won't detect my drive. I read somewhere that the drive have to be formatted in NTFS, put into a windows machine then update the firmware via smasung magic utility, so if that is true, then I won't ever upgrade my drive because that the drive where macOS lives and I'm in zero mood for re-installations. If anyone have flashed the 4B2QEXM7 firmware, please let me know if that fixes the trim issue for you in Monterey. Thanks!

IMG_20211214_134550780.thumb.jpg.838120544f081ad6c280fcd50a483d83.jpg

Edited by panosru

19 hours ago, panosru said:

@pkdesign, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I guess igfxfw=2 flag is suppose to be useful only for iGPU setups, meaning that since you are not using an integrated GPU you don't need that flag, no? Based on your signature I see that you have AMD Radeon/Intel HD 520, the later is iGPU, are you using it some how? The reason I'm asking that is if I could get something out of it it would be nice, like if the iGPU would handle the macOS graphical interface so my AMD Radeon would only focus on rendering more important staff (I might be completely wrong on that though). My setup currently has alcid=7 in boot-args.

When I post in this particular forum, I am only referring to my Aorus Pro WiFi motherboard configuration. Since I have a 19,1 SMBIOS, both the RX570 and the Intel 630 are active.

BTW, for the Dell laptop, it is only the iGPU that is working. The AMD Radeon is disabled. There is no way that I know of to make that work in that laptop.

Edited by pkdesign

Same, installing update 12.1 went without issues. Didn't have to touch the OpenCore stuff I already had ("OpenCore EFI Update v0.7.4 - 04/10/2021" in first post of the thread).

My machine rebooted 3 times during installation, and at some point it looked like it got stuck for a scary long period, but in the end it all went perfectly.

I even feel like things are even more snappy than before, after updating.

Again, much thanks to @AudioGod for maintaining this thread and saving me a lot of work!

Edited by peanutman314

2 hours ago, peanutman314 said:

Again, much thanks to @AudioGod for maintaining this thread and saving me a lot of work!

You should go ahead and try to update to 0.7.6. AudioGod isn't maintaining this forum at the moment (see his comment several posts back.) It's usually only one or two additional items added to the config.plist along with new kexts, drivers and OC files. If you search my posts I usually outline the steps I've taken. If you get too far behind, it becomes more difficult and confusing to update.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

If you get too far behind, it becomes more difficult and confusing to update.

Absolutely!!! As well as, some are updating the config.plist and not the other files within the EFI Folder i.e Drivers, kexts and most important the OpenCore.efi file. Without these necessary steps the update/install is doomed to failure. For a successful operation, all files if available, one should update all files within the EFI Folder.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Absolutely!!! As well as, some are updating the config.plist and not the other files within the EFI Folder i.e Drivers, kexts and most important the OpenCore.efi file. Without these necessary steps the update/install is doomed to failure. For a successful operation, all files if available, one should update all files within the EFI Folder.

That's why I recently started to use OC Auxiliary Tool (OCAT), it's a very useful tool for the OC update process.

https://github.com/ic005k/QtOpenCoreConfig

On 12/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, panosru said:

Also, one more question, for those who are using Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe drive as the primary drive, in order to solve the trim issue I guess we have to wait for Samsung to release a firmware update (if they do) or maybe someone found a work-around? Every time I boot into my computer I have to wait exactly 7 minutes for trim to finish :(

Lastly, after wake from sleep, I have to use my usb wacom tablet to switch bluetooth off and on in order for the BT devices to be connected again, I have tried disabling the memory profile1 and restore the defaults in bios, but unlike to others, that didn't fixed that issue for me.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I downloaded the latest firmware for 970 evo plus, I flashed two different flash disks, but none of them was able to boot into the firmware update software, I was getting a black screen. I tried with different format types, also I tried both guid and mbr, nothing.. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be really helpful! 

UPDATE2:

FFS! It took me all night that the bootable usb disk won't boot because CSM was disabled in bios... damn... but now the samsung firmware update software cannot detect my drive, I think I will reset my bios to make sure that there isn't anything that interfere with the process and then re-apply the settings. For some reason when I export the profile it isn't saved and I have to manually reapply all the settings. My current 970 evo+ firmware version is 2B2QEXM7, Samsung released 4B2QEXM7 so I hope that will fix the huge trim time it takes to boot.

UPDATE3:

After trying over and over again, I finally give up, the Samsung ssd firmware update software simply won't detect my drive. I read somewhere that the drive have to be formatted in NTFS, put into a windows machine then update the firmware via smasung magic utility, so if that is true, then I won't ever upgrade my drive because that the drive where macOS lives and I'm in zero mood for re-installations. If anyone have flashed the 4B2QEXM7 firmware, please let me know if that fixes the trim issue for you in Monterey. Thanks!

Hi bro,
i tried to install windows but magician says there are no updates and the reason seems to be that for now the update is intended only for some serials.
I read that samsung responded to a user in this way. Let's wait and see...it seems strange to me that they only update some serials...

Edited by kiko89

Hello all,

Im still on BigSur 11.6, with OC 0.7.6 (upgraded from 0.7.4 with OCAT without any problems)

After reading all the comments on snail speed boot up after upgrading to Monterey with Samsung EVO pro nvme ssd, I was reluctant to go ahead with the upgrade.

I have the Samsung EVO 970 (non-pro) nvme ssd. Will this ssd cause the same delays when booting up?

I switch back and forth between windows for solidworks and macos alot. If the delay thing is real, I will wait, and may never upgrade to monterey. 

Any input is appreciated.

3 hours ago, erolsansolo said:

I have the Samsung EVO 970 (non-pro) nvme ssd. Will this ssd cause the same delays when booting up?

Most likely yes, as far as I know, all 970 EVO are affected, but don't take my word on it. If it was up to me, I wouldn't upgrade, literally I gained NOTHING from Monterey compared to Big Sur. That’s my personal opinion.

3 hours ago, xtddd said:

@eSaF hi, there is any necessarity to update bios to F12 version..now i use the F12k.

Hi - I updated the BIOS version to F12 as recommended by Gigabyte for the security fixes. What these fixes are I don't know but I dare say if one dug a bit further, one could find the relevant info.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 5:45 PM, AudioGod said:

It’s a little dinky thing of a board.

E628EE57-0BF8-46D6-89D7-BCA528F03E3C.thumb.png.277a8c2c7f57d1bcf025d6dd15e92822.png

Bit cheeky calling it the pro though as it doesn’t even have the same VRMs, should really be called a gaming if you ask me.

Hi all, 

on the Z390i Pro Wifi mini-it board @donators posted, would the same EFI from my Aorus PRO ATX work? I assume the USB ports may need to be remapped.

Also what did you do about BT/WIFI? is there an intel wireless card I can replace.

Many many thanks.

2 hours ago, Partime said:

on the Z390i Pro Wifi mini-it board @donators posted, would the same EFI from my Aorus PRO ATX work?

u can use efi folder for coffeelake from this topic(Generate new smbios with serials for u)

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folders-for-all-chipsets-clover-and-opencore/

and remap usb

https://www.olarila.com/topic/14220-hackintosh-usb-port-mapping-guide-2021-mojave-catalina-bigsur-monterey/

• Like 2