AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

Simply have not updated the plist, on the right 0.7.7 with the new keys highlighted in green to be inserted in the plist 0.7.6 always on the left the items in red are to be deleted

If you use OCAT just open and save the plist ... follow here  https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/D_Updating_OpenCore/README.md  it will be updated automatically 

Manually, open your config  (plisteditorpro ...) and add the new keys from the sample.plist of release 0.7.7 (those in green) remove those in red from the config 

1712690863_Schermata2022-01-28alle22_29_42.png.c4fdf7edd953cf18dbf78cdb288e1d26.png

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 2

@antuneddu for my case at least, I'm using OCAT and I double checked with plist editor to make sure that the new properties are in place, which they are, but the messages appear nonetheless.

1 hour ago, panosru said:

@pkdesign I'm getting exactly the same messages, I checked my config.plist, it is valid and I also compared it with other configs, so I'm just ignoring those messages on boot... but, I'm also interested to know more about it!

You're getting those messages because you are probably using an old config.plist file and checking it with a new OCvalidate checker. When you update your config.plist you must use the same OCvalidate checker pertaining to the new config.plist [ i.e If you download a new OC released version to update your EFI Folder files, you must use the OCvalidate checker within the new OC version, you cannot use a new checker to validate an old version and vice versa. Those errors showing are missing items from your config.plist, these are now included in the latest OC version  - Sorry that's the best way I can explain].

2 minutes ago, panosru said:

@antuneddu for my case at least, I'm using OCAT and I double checked with plist editor to make sure that the new properties are in place, which they are, but the messages appear nonetheless.

Sorry to say this Bro but I suspect you're not using the app OCAT correctly as it will update your config.plist from your old one and edit all the missing lines when you click Click on the tab 'Synchronise main Program' and then save.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, panosru said:

If you have done everything in order as @eSaF says (I have attached the guide x OCAT) You should be ok then .. if you checked with ocvalidate (0.7.7) and it gives no errors, you just have to reset the nvram 🤔

Well, I believe that I'm doing it correctly but in any case, I might missed something.

For what is worth, this is the OC validate output:

image.thumb.png.33810ade72fe1accddd60765223e1a39.png

I do ALWAYS reset NVRAM after any modification I do in my config, and I'm also attaching here my config with serials removed.

config.plist

8 hours ago, panosru said:

Hi - I looked at your config.plist and it looks pretty solid, but if you're still getting error messages, make sure it is not reading another old EFI Folder somewhere on the system because that can happen specially if  booting multiple operating systems. In my case, I use one EFI Folder residing on the Monterey EFI partition to boot both Monterey and BS which are on separate drives, that way I only have one EFI Folder to tweak when a new OC version is released. 

13 hours ago, panosru said:

Well, I believe that I'm doing it correctly but in any case, I might missed something.

image.thumb.png.33810ade72fe1accddd60765223e1a39.png

I do ALWAYS reset NVRAM after any modification I do in my config, and I'm also attaching here my config with serials removed.

config.plist 39.48 kB · 5 downloads

Could you upload the full EFI folder? Thanks

1 hour ago, cabal2000 said:

Could you upload the full EFI folder? Thanks

Just use EFI folder from here. Generate your smbios with serial

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folders-for-all-chipsets-clover-and-opencore/

Hot to update Opencore easy and fast

https://www.olarila.com/topic/14268-how-to-update-opencore-bootloader-on-hackintosh-easy-and-fast-way/

• Like 1

Hello. Thank you all for this topic. All works good. I have Aorus Z390 Pro WIFI mobo and running 10.14.6 Mojave.

I have only one question. Is it safe to update bios from F12k to F12? Here is change log for F12:

1. Checksum : D53B
  2. Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
    Credits to 'Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne'
  3. Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.
    Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns.

I am confused by last line.

Any suggestions....

@eSaF well it seems that I'm not getting the message anymore, tbh I'm not sure why, I guess maybe after I upgrade to v0.7.7 I might indeed forget something, I also had a USB plugged in the back of my PC and I forgot about it, it also has an EFI backup, maybe that was to blame, in any case, it seems to be ok now (it was and before though). @MaLd0n nice guides! You put a lot of effort and attention, very valuable for the whole community, thank you!

I'm also attaching my EFI folder here, if someone wants to look into it, feel free to do so, a second pair of eyes won't hurt! Normally I'm not using nvmefix but after Monterey, I'm trying everything I can to maybe solve the issue with Samsung EVO 970 pro drives, but it seems that I'll have to get a new WD drive for my main. For USB I'm using the SSDT aml approach instead of kext. Otherwise my EFI I think is pretty standard.

What I wasn't able to make it work is the chime sound on boot, I guess maybe it requires a mobo speaker in order to work and won't work with my soundbar or monitor's speakers (via display port).

PS: Updated to v12.2, so far so good.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

What I wasn't able to make it work is the chime sound on boot, I guess maybe it requires a mobo speaker in order to work and won't work with my soundbar or monitor's speakers (via display port).

Hi Bro - Ive looked at your EFI Folder and updated two Drivers, OpenCanopy.efi and AudioDxe.efi, I don't know if the Chime will work on the Sound Bar but you should at least get the chime on the monitor speaker if not check the settings in System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers/Built-In. Try this revised EFI Folder on a USB Drive and see if the Chime work. Like I said the only change I made were the two Drivers. Good luck.

EFI.zip

3 hours ago, existation said:

Hello. Thank you all for this topic. All works good. I have Aorus Z390 Pro WIFI mobo and running 10.14.6 Mojave.

I have only one question. Is it safe to update bios from F12k to F12? Here is change log for F12:

I have the same Board and updated to the latest F12 BIOS version without any problems so I would say you'll be fine as long as you follow the manual's instruction on how to update the BIOS.

• Like 1

Thank you for your time @eSaF! I replaced my drivers with the ones in your zip folder, how could you tell that mine were outdated? I got them from the latest 0.7.7 OpenCore zip and mine had the same size as yours (I didn't check md5), did you get yours from the v0.7.8?

About the chime I was never able to make it work, from Dortania guide also states that chime via HDMI/DisplayPort is a hit or miss operation. I'm still not very sure what should I put in AudioDevice and AudioOutMask, for now, my AudioOutMask has a value of -1 which actually should broadcast the sound to all devices, and the audio device, instead of being empty and picking the first available audio device, I set it to my HDEF device, should I set my GPU as an audio device instead (which doesn't make much sense)?

I'm also attaching my OC debug log just in case (lines 149-163):

11:057 00:005 OC: Changed console mode to 0x0 (max: 1) from Max - Success
11:065 00:008 OCAU: System amp gain -31 dB, saved raw gain 0x0, system audio mute (for chime) 0  - Not Found/Success
11:075 00:010 OCAU: OcAudioInstallProtocols (0, 0)
11:082 00:006 OCAU: 4B228577-6274-4A48-82AE-0713A1171987 protocol - Success
11:090 00:008 OCAU: C32332DF-FC56-4FE1-9358-BA0D529B24CD protocol - Success
11:098 00:008 OCAU: F4CB0B78-243B-11E7-A524-B8E8562CBAFA protocol - Success
11:107 00:008 OCAU: 3224B169-EC34-46D2-B779-E1B1687F525F protocol - Not Found
11:115 00:008 OCAU: Matching PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000)...
11:126 00:010 OCAU: Incorrect audio I/O protocol revision 3 != 2
11:133 00:007 OCAU: 1/3 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000) (0 outputs) - Unsupported
11:146 00:012 OCAU: Incorrect audio I/O protocol revision 3 != 2
11:153 00:007 OCAU: 2/3 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000) (0 outputs) - Unsupported
11:165 00:011 OCAU: Incorrect audio I/O protocol revision 3 != 2
11:173 00:007 OCAU: Cannot find specified audio device - Unsupported
11:180 00:007 OC: Audio connection failed - Unsupported

image.png.b7bba0e91d5f1cdedd8ce003831098f0.png

image.thumb.png.f4a959162a5f9ab18a3580a27e32a4f2.png

opencore-2022-01-31-105838.txt

Edited by panosru

how could you tell that mine were outdated? I got them from the latest 0.7.7 OpenCore zip

Hi Bro - I used OCAT (OpenCore 0.7.8 [DEV]) to compare and Update the files. On the subject of activating Boot Chime, my Monitor is connected by a Display Port I have never tried HDMI so I am in the dark on how to advise you on that score about how to go about it. With HDMI connection do you only get Sound when you reach the Desktop?

Spoiler

1217441552_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_24_25pm.png.7bd14ff231dd70d4ce5c452f3b9cbe45.png2099861868_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_31_12pm.png.f237cc664c2dda7ffa4c160ddd44477b.png

My OCAT is for v0.7.7 maybe that’s why you are getting the update and I'm not, I will install v0.7.8 later today. My monitor is also connected via Display Port but since I have 5 monitors I tried both DP and HDMI, when I reach Desktop the sound is working from all my audio sources either 3.5" jack, usb, hdmi, display port, you name it, but on boot the chime sound isn't coming from anywhere, which, ok, isn't much of a deal, I'm just checking maybe someone knows an easy fix :D

Nice one about the SSD controller, mine is stock and shows generic controller :P

image.png.3fcde0d78d95004dbc31ad2eab279687.png

Edited by panosru

34 minutes ago, panosru said:

Nice one about the SSD controller, mine is stock and shows generic controller :P

Yea it's only for cosmetic purposes, @miliuco actually was kind enough to make the modifications for me in the NVMe.kext to show Apple SSD Controller instead of Generic. There is a Method posted some time back the steps of the process.

• Like 1

@panosru

As @eSaF says, it's purely cosmetic, SSD and NVMe disks are going to work the same as generic.

But if you want to try the NVMe.kext fix, it's easy to get Apple SSD Controller in System Profiler:

• Get NVMe.kext (I am not able to find it in the network now so it's attached)
  • Right click >> Show package contents >> open Info.plist
  • Inside IOKitPersonalities >> AppleNVMe there is the IOPCIPrimaryMatch key, here you must type device id of your NVMe disk.

How type the device id? Open Hackintool >> PCIe tab and look for vendor and device of the storage controller. E.g. if vendor is 15b7 and device is 5006 you must type in IOPCIPrimaryMatch the value 0x500615b7 replacing current value.

Reboot and try.

Remember to add the kext into Kexts folder and in config.plist.

NVMe.kext.zip

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

After much procrastination, I'm actually giving OC a try, but already I've run into a problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What I did:

1. I started with @Audiogod's latest EFI based on OC 0.7.4.

2. Updated to OC 0.7.7 manually by copying over the new files from OpenCore-0.7.7-RELEASE.zip.

3. Updated the other KEXTs and drivers not included with the OC release from my Clover EFI.

4. Since I'm not using a NAVI based GPU, removed agdpmod=pikera from NVRAM > Add ... > boot-args.

5. Dropped the SSDT for the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card into the ACPI folder and registered in config.plist.

6. Config.plist validated using OCAuxiliaryTools v20220106-OC0.7.7. First pass through validator listed 16 issues (missing keys), so I saved it and ran it through the validator again and it passed.

7. Changed the boot picker theme to Blackosx/BsxDarkFenceLightGrey1. I followed the instructions on how to modify my config.plist in the readme.md file.

However, I didn't want to replace the EFI without testing it, so I copied the EFI to a flash drive I use to test my Clover EFIs. I then rebooted and pressed F12 to select my boot device. I selected "OpenCore" and it brought me to the GUI boot picker as expected, but it only showed a Windows and an EFI icon, no Apple icon to be seen. So I went ahead and selected the "EFI" icon and it loaded the Clover boot picker installed in the EFI partition of the OSX drive (Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2), but Clover only shows the Windows icon. I was able to reboot normally with Clover, so whatever happened doesn't seem persistent.

I'm not sure what I did wrong.

57 minutes ago, Project 2501 said:

After much procrastination, I'm actually giving OC a try, but already I've run into a problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Compress and upload your OC EFI Folder here and we'll have a look at it for you.

@Project 2501

I think you are booting Mojave, right? If yes, there is 2 keys UEFi >> APFS >> MinDate and MinVersion, for Mojave and Catalina both must be -1 or a specific value:

• MinDate=20200306 and MinVersion=1412101001000000 for Catalina
  • MinDate=20190820 and MinVersion=945275007000000 for Mojave.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Project 2501

I think you are booting Mojave, right? If yes, there is 2 keys UEFi >> APFS >> MinDate and MinVersion, for Mojave and Catalina both must be -1 or a specific value:

• MinDate=20200306 and MinVersion=1412101001000000 for Catalina
  • MinDate=20190820 and MinVersion=945275007000000 for Mojave.

Thanks for the tip. The Apple icon showed up after I entered the specific values for Mojave. However, my EFI still not quite there yet...

After I selected the Apple icon, the motherboard speaker beeps again (I installed a piezoelectric buzzer so I can hear it POST, mostly for nostalgia). Eventually the booting stops to show me an animated graphic instructing me to turn on my mouse or trackpad. I am using a bluetooth dongle instead of a PCI card; I do have an Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi Card, but I'm not using the bluetooth function, since I don't have an available USB header.

At @eSaF's suggestion, I'm attaching my EFI, minus the serial numbers and UUID.

EFI-OC077-Project2501.zip

1 hour ago, Project 2501 said:

Eventually the booting stops to show me an animated graphic instructing me to turn on my mouse or trackpad.

Normally this shows up when the machine cannot find the Mouse or Track Pad or Port they are attached to. I looked at your EFI Folder and checked it with OC validate and it is error free so I think something else is amiss. I noticed a USBMap.kext in the kext folder but you still have this in boot-args (see attached) is this necessary? Surely that should have been catered for in the kext.

Try removing that boot-arg, clean the NVRAM, reboot and see what result you get apart from that, I am out of ideas, maybe someone else can offered up something else. Good luck.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 10.59.17 am.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1