AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2021 at 12:23 PM, eSaF said:

Hi - I updated the BIOS version to F12 as recommended by Gigabyte for the security fixes. What these fixes are I don't know but I dare say if one dug a bit further, one could find the relevant info.

wondering if CFG-lock option is still present . I heard from others some Gigabyte mainboards (370 .. ) suffering from missing that option with latest update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I'm trying to make a backup with CCC, but my partitions doesn't show up on the OC boot screen. I want to boot in them to check whether they are work or not.

Are there any changes I have to make in OC? I'm still on AG stock 0.74 btw.

Edited by Blesh

1 hour ago, Cipha said:

AFAIK CCC doesn't clone the EFI Partition

I am not exactly sure but I think cloning was not possible because of the Sealed Volume within Monterey, whether that has been resolved I don't know. This was explained by the CCC devs in the documentation when Apple included the Sealed Volume for security reasons but like I said I don't know if the devs found a work around to facilitate cloning the entire disk, it's best to read CCC documentation to see what the shortfalls are.

14 hours ago, Cipha said:

AFAIK CCC doesn't clone the EFI Partition

I was aware of that and used, of course, my backup USB with my current EFI files to boot from.

12 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Version 5.1.28 (6213) works perfectly with Mrey tried a few weeks ago, the latest version 6 does not

1366791587_Schermata2021-12-27alle00_28_

Give this guy a beer!!! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Updated to OC 077 with no issues.

I decided to give OCAT a try this time and it seemed to work well. Very easy. I still went back through and looked at what it changed.

Yes no doubt OCAT is a good tool to have but like you I like to know what changes are made by doing them my self. I have use the app but as I tend to install OC nightly versions as soon as they come out, OCAT only updates to released versions and a few times I used it to test the update, it reverted my OC nightly version to OC released version. I did have this query with the Dev and he rightly said it was too much work to constantly update the app for nightly OC versions so it will only update to released OC versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I could really do with some help with my USB ports please.

I was having an issue where my USB C ports wouldn't work, so I decided to try to map everything myself following the guide here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html

Now I have all of my ports working which is great, but I'm limited to 480Mbps as you can see with my iPhone 12 plugged in via USB C.

Do I need to make any changes to the SSDT? 

Im clearly doing something wrong but I'm just not sure?

MacOS 12.0.1

OC 0.7.7

Any help greatly appreciated

Edit to add, I've tried a few times last night using both USB 2 and USB 3 devices but maybe I should have been doing one prior to and one after reboot although it seems like I shouldn't have to? 

*Edit* 

Fixed.. too many ports issue, used USB toolbox in windows in the end to correct it.

1643730848_ScreenShot2022-01-20at11_15_16PM.thumb.png.22271f91408dd3157fd4e35522300bf4.png663542258_ScreenShot2022-01-20at11_15_29PM.thumb.png.c442c393bd92c555802387d208aeb044.png

Edited by rob1980

1 hour ago, letsdrink said:

Hi! If I update to Bios v.12, can CFG Unlock (MSR) F12K (F12J Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile still be used? Or there is another way to unlock MSR? Thanks!

Not quite sure what you mean, but if you have a BIOS profile saved then no, you will have to recreate the saved BIOS profile.

10 hours ago, letsdrink said:

Hi! If I update to Bios v.12, can CFG Unlock (MSR) F12K (F12J Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile still be used? Or there is another way to unlock MSR? Thanks!

If I interpret your post correctly, the latest version Z390 Pro and Pro WIFI BIOS is F12. In the BIOS you'll find a setting to toggle on/off the CFG setting and yes you can still use the same SmBIOS (Mac model) you was using before.

(See the included pic for CFG setting).

Spoiler

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 1.10.56 am.png

Edited by eSaF

Guys, I'm sorry if my post was unclear. English is not my first language, so I will try to write more clearly.

On the first page of the topic, in Audiogod's post there is a paragraph "CFG Unlock (MSR) F12K (F12J Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile - The Easy Way". It says that for CFG Unlock to work, a special profile must be installed. And there is a link to the profile.

If I install a new version of BIOS - 12 (without letters), Can I use or need that profile or is it enough to choose the option in settings?
And second question: if the option in settings is enough, why was that special profile needed?

Edited by letsdrink

1 hour ago, letsdrink said:

Guys, I'm sorry if my post was unclear. English is not my first language, so I will try to write more clearly.

On the first page of the topic, in Audiogod's post there is a paragraph "CFG Unlock (MSR) F12K (F12J Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile - The Easy Way". It says that for CFG Unlock to work, a special profile must be installed. And there is a link to the profile.

If I install a new version of BIOS - 12 (without letters), Can I use or need that profile or is it enough to choose the option in settings?
And second question: if the option in settings is enough, why was that special profile needed?

What is your Motherboard (specs)? I assume since you are posting in this Thread, your Board is a Gigabyte Z390, Master, Pro, or a Pro WIFI as this Thread is for those Boards. As I mentioned in my post above, the latest BIOS versions contains the easy way to unlock CFG as shown in the included pic. The part in the paragraph of AG's post about "CFG Unlock (MSR) F12K (F12J Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile won't be needed if you update to the latest BIOS version from Gigabyte as this is now easily done in the BIOS. Bottom line is, you do not need that file with BIOS version F12.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I’m switching my RX 580 to a RX 6600 XT.

Could anybody tell me that changes I have to do in the config for this? I’m running Monterey 12.1 so the card should be supported nativeley…

Hey guys, I wonder if any one is facing issues with runningboardd process being cranked up to 100%+, eventually the apps are starting to be slow and the system overall needs reboot, it started happening since Monterey and I can't find any way to fix it, I try to avoid a fresh install but I kind of having the feeling that I might end up re-installing everything from scratch! 😫

Killing the process isn't solving the issue, the apps start to work again but soon it reaches 100% again...

image.png.d5e5e27e973e093ddd09703fa6d0a3d4.png

• Sad 1

@unknownharris is F!@ed UP! (ΓΑΜΙΕΤΑΙ!) I will get an M.2 PCIe controller and I'll stick the 970 evo plus pro there and I'll use it as the drive where my final cut library is for all my videography process since it is fast, but I'll be buying a 2TB WD M.2 NVMe drive for my main. I was about to do that change now but after the power shortages here in Athens, both my UPS are fried and I will be replacing them :(

3 hours ago, unknownharris said:

Hello everyone. I used OCAT to update to OC 0.77 and I got the following errors for my plist.

Can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 15.05.24.png

Go back through and update but follow directions very closely. OCAT should have corretced these missing items in your config plist. You must have missed a step.

Either that or open your old and new config next to each other using PlistEdit Pro (or similar) and see what is missing from your new config.

@pkdesign I'm getting exactly the same messages, I checked my config.plist, it is valid and I also compared it with other configs, so I'm just ignoring those messages on boot... but, I'm also interested to know more about it!