AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, texem said:

Hi,

aware of USBToolBox. Good so far.

Goal for me was to make any tool obsolete by defining the ports correctly via ACPI 😉

For you that’s great but for your average user on here that’s not an option.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, texem said:

Another way ( but not click and go  ) is not using any USBPorts kext etc for mapping anymore.

I modified SSDT-6 from ACPI to enable / disable and description of ports for use or not by OpenCore ( max 15 are enabled for "Darwin" )

OC ACPI -> delete orig SSDT-6  

OC ACPI -> add modified  SSDT-6

"usbinjectall" or other port-mapping tools and kext's are obsolete .

btw: dump ACPI via IASL to find HSXX and SSXX port definitions in SSDT-6 on z390pro .

Oh man this is cool. Are there instructions to do this somewhere? I have the SSDT-6 from a previous dump. Or is this as simple as deleting unneeded entries?

1 hour ago, saCULar said:

Installed the RC - slower to boot than Big Sur but very snappy once running.  Bluetooth is now working with my USB dongle.

492045865_ScreenShot2021-10-19at10_43_20pm.thumb.png.00c84b0bb17e18ddf0a5cc5af7899f9b.png

Did you update using USB or just used the Developer profile and updated using Software Update on Big Sur?

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

Oh man this is cool. Are there instructions to do this somewhere? I have the SSDT-6 from a previous dump. Or is this as simple as deleting unneeded entries?

I applied this patch (in MaciAsl) Thanks to @gengik84 https://www.macos86.it/topic/9-mappatura-porte-usb/   UsbConnectorTypePatch.txt.zip 

In practice, after having mapped the usb via IORegistryExplorer or Hackintool, you go to activate the usb and define the connectors in the extracted oem ssdt relative to the usb (in your case SSDT-6)

example for usb2 original                                                                                                                        example for usb2  patched 

117638268_Schermata2021-10-19alle19_06_24.png.40b28228fc1fa679aa64e669ec76add2.png  147478302_Schermata2021-10-19alle19_07_15.png.ddfcb0b58a645fd1cd99bfaaad6b633b.png

apply this to all usb2s you want to apply :  Return (GENG (One, 0x00))

example for usb3 original                                                                                                                       example for usb3 patched 

1563980021_Schermata2021-10-19alle19_56_56.png.de097a5049f497d66e8f413aebd7952c.png    736799261_Schermata2021-10-19alle20_00_43.png.1e5f85016e35ceeae6240bc17db9774f.png

apply this to all usb3s you want to apply :  Return (GENG (One, 0x03))

For internal (255) apply                       Return (GENG (One, 0xFF))

For connector type usb3 type C         Return (GENG (One, 0x0A))            

Once everything is defined, making sure not to exceed the limit of 15 ports, save the ssdt and brand ourselves the Table Lengt

1303800255_Schermata2021-10-19alle20_12_48.png.c184a2c9b3bf815698d2e4a5159c993a.png                      

Which we are going to insert in Acpi / Delete/ TableLength , consequently also the Drop OEM ( your ssdt) in Comment               

405621327_Schermata2021-10-19alle20_17_20.png.2e816df0cec73c797f92dfc4a5277f96.png  

1641555321_Schermata2021-10-19alle20_29_14.png.b2007a6b8e421f7273a011681a61789c.png

We can eliminate any generated usbport.kext and go only with the ssdt, never had usb problems of any kind those are and those remain 🙂

Schermata 2021-10-19 alle 19.01.40.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, unknownharris said:

Did you update using USB or just used the Developer profile and updated using Software Update on Big Sur?

I had just updated from Big Sur to Beta 9 using software update to another drive, and since then software updated to beta 10 and then to RC

10 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Thanks @antuneddu for your infos. i patched ssdt-6 in a similar way.

Attached my SSDT-6.aml with 15 ports defined for my chassis and the code snippet for OC.

The table-length must be defined correctly for OC to find and delete the original SSDT-6. Check this from your BIOS via iASL !

SSDT-6.aml ocacpiconfig.txt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, texem said:

Thanks @antuneddu for your infos. i patched ssdt-6 in a similar way.

Attached my SSDT-6.aml with 15 ports defined for my chassis and the code snippet for OC.

The table-length must be defined correctly for OC to find and delete the original SSDT-6. Check this from your BIOS via iASL !

SSDT-6.aml 10.52 kB · 1 download ocacpiconfig.txt 591 B · 1 download

Of course 

SSDT-xh_rvp08.rtfd.zip 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, texem said:

I tried to do this myself but I got cross-eyed trying! But your SSDT works perfectly for me since I have the same board (with WiFi).

• Like 1

Hello everybody! 

I hope everyone is well and healthy!

I decided to update OC based on AG's 0.74, i can see all the boot options but when i select the osx partition it reboots directly to recovery..

Any chance of help? Cant seem to find whats wrong.

I am still on latest Catalina

Also my Titan ridge card works great without SSDT.

config.plist

5 minutes ago, dsynos80 said:

Hello everybody! 

I decided to update OC based on AG's 0.74, i can see all the boot options but when i select the osx partition it reboots directly to recovery..

config.plist 20.34 kB · 2 downloads

Set SecureBootModel to Disabled

• Thanks 1

Boot Picker shows wrongly named startup disk.

Upgraded from Mojave to Big Sur, renamed my SSD to Big Sur on the desktop and now when I boot my Hack it still shows the old Mojave disk in the boot picker :(

even though it actually boots into Big Sur. Am I missing something here ???, have reset Nvram twice with no effect.

17 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

Boot Picker shows wrongly named startup disk.

Upgraded from Mojave to Big Sur, renamed my SSD to Big Sur on the desktop and now when I boot my Hack it still shows the old Mojave disk in the boot picker :(

even though it actually boots into Big Sur. Am I missing something here ???, have reset Nvram twice with no effect.

Disable SIP first  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16wWX6hZW50szRYrMI08D8jEUOIPY5wsh/view?usp=drivesdk

Or try installing https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/power-gadget.html

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, dsynos80 said:

Hello everybody! 

config.plist 20.34 kB · 4 downloads

I haven't quite made the switch to OC yet, but I have a test USB flash drive prepared. I also have the Titan Ridge card. Are you saying that AG's EFI doesn't require the SSDT to work, or did you have to do some custom tweaking to get it to work without it?

I copied CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml file to the OC/ACPI directory. I assumed that was all that was needed when I switch to OC.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, saCULar said:

I have chosen to go down that path also, rob1980.  I think Monterey will require a "Mac" wireless/bluetooth solution to work properly.

Well, my card arrived this morning..

It's not being detected in Mac OS or Windows after installing and enabling wifi in bios.

Here's the thread I initially saw on reddit regarding this card and it not working on Intel CNVI. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/iglzw7/bcm94360ng_on_z390/

I'm open to ideas....

On 10/22/2021 at 6:52 AM, Project 2501 said:

I haven't quite made the switch to OC yet, but I have a test USB flash drive prepared. I also have the Titan Ridge card. Are you saying that AG's EFI doesn't require the SSDT to work, or did you have to do some custom tweaking to get it to work without it?

I copied CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml file to the OC/ACPI directory. I assumed that was all that was needed when I switch to OC.

I did no tweak.It worked 4 me but i decided to put the SSDT again to be more stable.

You also need to define it on config.plist

Edited by dsynos80

16 hours ago, laxattack said:

So has anyone tried to make a OC 0.7.5 build to enable Resizable Bar Support? I am trying to mess with it, but getting some non-booting issues (thankfully I have 0.7.4 to fall back on)

It works perfectly. I’m currently using it now on my 6800

set ResizeAppleGpuBars=0 And ResizeGPUBars=-1, Enable the ResizeBar in the bios and away you go.

NOTE - If you are not using a 6800, 6800 XT or 6900 XT then it’s totally pointless using the feature. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Correction, Apparently Navi has SAM support in windows too so it might work on a 5700 XT but since it only has 8GB of VRAM I’m not so sure it will do anything exciting but there’s only one way to find out I guess. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Correction, Apparently Navi has SAM support in windows too so it might work on a 5700 XT but since it only has 8GB of VRAM I’m not so sure it will do anything exciting but there’s only one way to find out I guess. 

Really we can do it now? Where do we put these 2 options on 0.75. It would b great if we can leave the option on in bios.

18 hours ago, AudioGod said:

It works perfectly. I’m currently using it now on my 6800

set ResizeAppleGpuBars=0 And ResizeGPUBars=-1, Enable the ResizeBar in the bios and away you go.

NOTE - If you are not using a 6800, 6800 XT or 6900 XT then it’s totally pointless using the feature. 

I actually have a 6900XT in my system, which is why I was asking about it. I am just having issues trying to get it to boot using that 0.7.5. I may have messed up something in my config.plist. Anyone have a working one?