AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, saCULar said:

Always something!   Ahem, now I have re-checked by config.plist with OCAT its seems there were a few errors...  Now bluetooth works properly again (internal Intel bluetooth)

Did you spell it in config BlueToothFixup a hundred times like I did? :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quick Question...

I seem to remember that Sidecar only worked if you used the 19,1 system ID.  Is this correct?  Any answers and corrections appreciated. 🙂

My Catalina hackintosh went into never-ending boot loop after I applied Security Update 2021-005 or 2021-06 about a month ago.  As I can see, it's at the final stage of update then it just keeps on rebooting.

I do not remember the OC version which I believe it to be 0.6.x. What steps should I follow to make it alive again?

Your help would be much appreciated.  thank you

Intel i5 9600K 
Gigabyte AORUS Z390 PRO with F12k BIOS
iGPU Intel UHD 630
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD / macOS Catalina

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by hackinhacker

2 hours ago, panosru said:

@hackinhacker try looking here

thanks for the link but my OC is believed to be later than the 0.5.8.  Are you suggesting that I should downgrade?  is there a way I can poke around at the DISK PICKER screen to troubleshoot?  Is there a way I can figure out which OC I'm on and is there a way I can check the boot load log?  I also see reset NVRAM option when I pushed SPACE button, is it safe to try and see?  Would it make my security patch update go corrupted?

On 11/3/2021 at 4:21 AM, map002 said:

Quick Question...

I seem to remember that Sidecar only worked if you used the 19,1 system ID.  Is this correct?  Any answers and corrections appreciated. 🙂

Yes this is correct.

13 hours ago, Cipha said:

Monterey is running pretty well so far. The only thing bugging me is the slow boot up.

Did anybody achieve some improvements yet?

I tried all sorts of things like disabling TRIM (not recommended), doing disk first aid, nothing helped. The boot time was noticeably slower and nothing I could do about it.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, pkdesign said:

Sleep stopped working on my system after update to Monterey. I used SSDT-GPRW method with Mojave and it was fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Have you checked Terminal?

pmset -g

See if anything is preventing sleep.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cipha said:

Have you checked Terminal?

pmset -g

See if anything is preventing sleep.

Ah! "sleep prevented by sharingd" seems to be the culprit. Have no idea how to fix that.

10 hours ago, WizeMan said:

I tried all sorts of things like disabling TRIM (not recommended), doing disk first aid, nothing helped. The boot time was noticeably slower and nothing I could do about it.

Seem like always Samsung drives. I'm sure it will need a firmware update to the drive.

4 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Ah! "sleep prevented by sharingd" seems to be the culprit. Have no idea how to fix that.

Hi - Try deselecting everything here (see attached) and test sleep again.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 18.59.41.png

2 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Seem like always Samsung drives. I'm sure it will need a firmware update to the drive.

get rid of Samsung SSD on MacOS. i replaced my Samsung 970 EVO  for a WD Black 850. System boots ultra fast .

• Like 3

Hey gang, I recently got a hold of a GTX 1660 Super for Windows gaming. This is in addition to the RX580 that's been working fine for years in my Hack. Both cards work fine in Windows. However, the hack is unable boot into Big Sur when both cards are installed.

Here's what I've tried so far, on Big Sur, OC 71 I believe:

1. With RX580 in top PCIE slot, 1660 in 2nd PCIE slot = kernel panic halfway through the boot sequence

2.With RX580 in top PCIE slot, 1660 in 2nd PCIE slot and 2nd PCIE slot disabled using SSDT method (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html) = boots a bit further, but then hangs when trying to unseal data volume (I think.. I'll have to check again in verbose boot mode) 

3.With RX580 in top PCIE slot, empty 2nd PCIE slot and 2nd PCIE slot disabled using SSDT method  = normal boot into Big Sur

Is there something (a bios setting, config.plist setting, etc) we need to enable/disable in our hacks when adding new hardware like a second GPU? Anybody have an AMD + NVIDIA GPU in their z390 Pro board?

3 hours ago, Cipha said:

No, because I need the RX580 in macOS for dual monitor display. It's strange because there's lots of posts online with an RX580 (enabled) + Nvidia GPU (disabled) combo working using the spoof options above - I'm thinking I must be missing something obvious.

19 hours ago, Cipha said:

You can't say that in general. It worked fine until Monterey and I also have the same drive in my other system (also with Monterey) booting just as fast as my MBP.

the problem is Trim on Samsung NVMe waiting or timeout . SATA is ok. 

My BT/Wifi (Fenvi-T919 - BCM94360CD) is fully working without any specific kexts (e.g. BrcmPatchRAM loaded), but there is a problem after waking up from sleep. I have an Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse and I'm able to wake my system using either the BT mouse or keyboard. However, after the system is awake, the system is not responding to the BT keyboard and mouse, and system falls asleep again.  If I wake it with a wired keyboard it fully wakes up, but still BT is not working, it takes approximately 30 seconds and then BT is working again (including unlocking with Watch)?!?

I don't have any issue with BT functionality except for the fact that it doesn't work immediately (within 30 seconds) after waking up from sleep.

This 'feature' wasn't there with Big Sur or Catalina, it just showed up after installing Monterey (12.0.1 and 12.1 Beta)?!?

I've already tried to find something in the syslog, but there are too many entries related to BT (can't see the forest thru the trees).

Anyone any ideas where to look for?

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 13.15.10.png

Edited by Ron Lemmens

14 minutes ago, Ron Lemmens said:

My BT/Wifi (Fenvi-T919 - BCM94360CD) is fully working without any specific kexts (e.g. BrcmPatchRAM loaded), but there is a problem after waking up from sleep. I have an Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse and I'm able to wake my system using either the BT mouse or keyboard. However, after the system is awake, the system is not responding to the BT keyboard and mouse, and system falls asleep again.  If I wake it with a wired keyboard it fully wakes up, but still BT is not working, it takes approximately 30 seconds and then BT is working again (including unlocking with Watch)?!?

I don't have any issue with BT functionality except for the fact that it doesn't work immediately (within 30 seconds) after waking up from sleep.

This 'feature' wasn't there with Big Sur or Catalina, it just showed up after installing Monterey (12.0.1 and 12.1 Beta)?!?

I've already tried to find something in the syslog, but there are too many entries related to BT (can't see the forest thru the trees).

Anyone any ideas where to look for?

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 13.15.10.png

I have the same card and there is a slight lag on mine as well but my time is much lower at 10 seconds with a Logitech MX keyboard and a MX Master 3 Mac Mouse.

19 hours ago, eSaF said:

I have the same card and there is a slight lag on mine as well but my time is much lower at 10 seconds with a Logitech MX keyboard and a MX Master 3 Mac Mouse.

Issue here as well. But my BT doesn't recover without restarting the Bluetooth-Daemon (bluetoothd) after wake from sleep.

If i press the power button, i don't have to press any other key but BT is dead as well.

With USB kbd a double klick is rqrd, BT dead.

AFAIK this happens with Apple devices. Third-party devices ( mouse, kbd .. )  seems to behave different.

btw: anyone here with successful showing the BT device under Monterey  ? Picture is from BigSur , with Monterey the blue line is empty ...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-08 um 09.33.05.png

Edited by texem

@texem Hi Bro - I have no problem with B/Tooth after wake apart from the 10 seconds delay, keyboard and mouse are responsive after Sleep.

50 minutes ago, texem said:

btw: anyone here with successful showing the BT device under Monterey  ? Picture is from BigSur , with Monterey the blue line is empty ...

Yes this is how it is on mine as well, I think you'll find everyone has this problem on their hacks with empty BT data in Hackintool but is ok with previous OS X versions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

@texem Hi Bro - I have no problem with B/Tooth after wake apart from the 10 seconds delay, keyboard and mouse are responsive after Sleep.

Yes this is how it is on mine as well, I think you'll find everyone has this problem on their hacks with empty BT data in Hackintool but is ok with previous OS X versions.

Same here, empty in Hackintool with Monterey.

Update: my problem with the delayed BT activation after sleep has been resolved. Apparently, for some strange reason my Fibaro CO Sensor (also BT)  was connecting first to my Hackintosh (as HID device) and thereby blocking my regular HID devices (mouse / keyboard). I've removed this Fibaro CO Sensor from the BT auto connect list (not sure how it got there in the first place), and now everything works like a charm again 🙂

Update #2: and we are back to square #1 - BT delay after wake is back. I've also noticed that the BT Preference plane is not available during this delay (> 30 secs). I've tried to find the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist but in order to delete it (remove all connected BT devices), but the file is non-existing?!? Where does Monterey keep track of it's BT devices, is this somewhere in the iCloud?!?

Edited by Ron Lemmens
Problem still not solved
  • Like 1

Is anyone using IntelBluetooth on Monterey?

Airport kext is working but i cannot load the system with the bluetooth kexts. Tried the last working versions, tried with the latest ones, also with and without BluetoothFixup kext. Any ideas?