AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

Thanks @eSaF for the updated efi folder! Was able to do a fresh install/upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey with zero issues. 

Random question to any one though? I was trying to write to /usr/local/ and I get a permission denied even though I am the admin? My understanding, which might be incorrect, was that in OSX that folder is writeable to admins without sudo? I know I can disable SIP to fix this, but can't remember if I needed to do that when I was running Big Sur or not. Looking at my actual MacBook which I dev on as well I disabled SIP. Any ways just curious what ppls thought were on disabling SIP, internet seems too say you really shouldn't do it but also indicated that /usr/local shouldn't have this issue so not sure if a chmod is the best soln here or if there is something I'm not seeing.
I have added Terminal to Full Disk Access in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Full Disk Access, so that shouldn't be the issue. However there might be a bigger issues in that the system is not respecting the Apps that I add to various services in Security & Privacy, for instance I added Discord to Input Monitoring but within the App I am still unable to create keybindings so something is amiss there....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stavidawg said:

I was trying to write to /usr/local/ and I get a permission denied even though I am the admin?

I am not familiar with the method to over come that aspect, that measure was a deliberate security method by Apple to stop malicious codes/scripts from writing to the system hence the sealed volume. Like I said I am not knowledgeable to give a clear opinion. I think I came across something a while back when the Sealed Volume was introduced so that in order to write to the Disk, you need to break the seal but then the down side of a broken sealed volume, future updates would not be offered. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will offer up a more plausible explanation or method and render my feeble answer completely redundant - Sorry.

Edited by eSaF

On 2/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, eSaF said:

Sorry my friend, touchpads are not my thing plus if that is your platform, you've posted in the wrong Thread. You'll need to search around for similar platforms as yours for help.

P.S - I took a quick look at your EFI Folder and I wouldn't know where to start with it but I have to tell you it is a complete and utter mess. For a start read the Dortania OC Guide - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ for guidance.

hi since I  know you from previous encounters quite well perhaps you can give a look again I have cleaned it up 

Edited by markl18
no space

1 hour ago, markl18 said:

hi since I  know you from previous encounters quite well perhaps you can give a look again I have cleaned it up

Hi - I made a few corrections by placing the kexts in the correct order, plus although the Drivers were loading, they were not Enabled (see attached pic). Try the revised EFI Folder attached and see what results you get. Good luck.

PS - I also updated all files in the EFI Folder to OC 0.7.8

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 8.03.27 pm.png

EFI.zip

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Hi - I made a few corrections by placing the kexts in the correct order, plus although the Drivers were loading, they were not Enabled (see attached pic). Try the revised EFI Folder attached and see what results you get. Good luck.

PS - I also updated all files in the EFI Folder to OC 0.7.8

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 8.03.27 pm.png

EFI.zip 5.82 MB · 2 downloads

Yes I followed all of your advices and the once in the manual but the screen is still blank

EFI.zip

6 minutes ago, markl18 said:

Yes I followed all of your advices and the once in the manual but the screen is still blank

Did you try the EFI Folder I posted above without changing anything? because your latest one is still full of errors.

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Did you try the EFI Folder I posted above without changing anything? because your latest one is still full of errors.

yes I have did all of your suggested changes but the screen still blank, i double checked that all of my files are 0.7.8

Edited by markl18

3 hours ago, markl18 said:

hi after I have changed all of my 0.7.8 to debug or regular .7.8 I still get failed to start image - already started

Sorry Bro, I am out of ideas, I think it could be a graphic setting or lack of, you need to find someone with a similar setup and ask for assistance as this is a Gigabyte Z390 Thread.

• Like 1

I finally made the switch over to OpenCore, and so far so good. Since I don't push the hardware to its limits or use every feature available, I probably won't see a difference between OC and Clover. On rare occasions, Clover fails to boot MacOS, but other than that, its been pretty stable.

A big thanks to @antuneddu, @eSaF, and @miliuco for being very patient in their guidance.

Honorable mention to @pkdesign, because I found out he actually had the answer in a much earlier post. I took notes about OpenCore configuration, but by the time I got around to it, I forgot I had them. I found them recently in a folder named aptly "Open Core Configuration Notes", and one of @pkdesign's posts mentioned disabling SecureBootModel.

I guess the next thing on the agenda is to try out Monterey. Not a fan of the flat UI; being red-green color blind, I appreciate more texture and shape cues to help me navigate. Apple has in the past dropped local sync capabilities from their iOS devices with older MacOSes, so I might be upgrading whether I like it or not.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2022 at 12:41 AM, eSaF said:

Sorry Bro, I am out of ideas, I think it could be a graphic setting or lack of, you need to find someone with a similar setup and ask for assistance as this is a Gigabyte Z390 Thread.

hi a quick question how do you remedy this

Adding bless entry on disk - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0xA,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,18697105-A0AF-4EC8-98C6-FD3D5974F6DA,0x28,0x64000)
16:780 00:056 OCBP: Blessed file is missing
16:818 00:037 OCBP: Blessed folder is missing

what is blessed file looks like

37 minutes ago, markl18 said:

Adding bless entry on disk - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0xA,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,18697105-A0AF-4EC8-98C6-FD3D5974F6DA,0x28,0x64000)

What other OS are you running apart from trying to install OS X? Do you have Windows and/or Ubuntu, any variant of Linux? To be quite honest this is outside my field of knowledge. On my system I have Monterey and Windows 11 all on their own respective disks that I use on a daily basis, plus Big Sur, Mojave and Catalina also all on separate disks that I hot-plug from time to time and have no trouble booting into. At no time did I need to add Bless Entries to my config.plist to boot into the aforementioned Operating Systems, maybe someone else can advise you on the subject or reading up on the Dortania Guide will provide the answers you're looking for.

i tried this

sudo bless --verbose --file /Volumes/EFI/ 1/EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi --folder /Volumes/EFI\ 1/EFI/OC/ --setboot

Password:

EFI found at IODeviceTree:/efi

Mount point for /Volumes/EFI 1/EFI/OC/ is /Volumes/EFI 1

Common mount point of '/Volumes/EFI 1/EFI/OC/' and '' is /Volumes/EFI 1

No BootX creation requested

This is not an APFS Data-Volume-Parameter-Driven Pre-SSV to SSV case

No boot.efi creation requested

found ioreg "FirmwareFeaturesMask"; featureMaskValue=0xFFFFFFFF

found ioreg "FirmwareFeatures"; featureFlagsValue=0xC309F577

isPreBootEnvironmentUEFIWindowsBootCapable=0

preboot environment is not UEFI boot capable

isDVDWithElToritoWithUEFIBootableOS=0

Checking if disk is complex (if it is associated with booter partitions)

GPT detected

Booter partition required at index 2

System partition found

Preferred system partition found: disk0s1

Returning booter information dictionary:

{

"Auxiliary Partitions" =     (

);

"Data Partitions" =     (

disk2s1

);

"System Partitions" =     (

disk0s1,

disk2s1

);

}

Path to mountpoint given: /Volumes/EFI 1

IOMedia disk2s1 has UUID 18697105-A0AF-4EC8-98C6-FD3D5974F6DA

Setting EFI NVRAM:

efi-boot-device='<array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>18697105-A0AF-4EC8-98C6-FD3D5974F6DA</string></dict></dict><key>BLLastBSDName</key><string>disk2s1</string></dict></array>'

Setting EFI NVRAM:

IONVRAM-DELETE-PROPERTY='efi-boot-file'

Setting EFI NVRAM:

IONVRAM-DELETE-PROPERTY='efi-boot-mkext'

Setting EFI NVRAM:

IONVRAM-DELETE-PROPERTY='efi-boot-kernelcache'

NVRAM variable "boot-args" not set.

now what am I suposed to do with this

and how

I got this fro that resource

8 minutes ago, markl18 said:

i tried this

Read my post above - Bro I don't know or understand what your system is about. If you're using the Debug OC or the SampleCustom.plist, these are only for special cases and since I have never used any of the two, I can't help you on the subject. Sorry.

@eSaF

I have used your updated OC Efi folder a couple of pages back (0.7.7) as I was still on Audiogods original version running Mojave.

Just plugged my new iPhone 13 into the back USB C port and the Mac does not see it, is there any reason why I cannot see the iPhone, is the back Type C port disabled in your USB kext.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated to get it working as I have just ordered an Apple Watch 7 and I think the only way to connect that is with the Type C port.

14 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

@eSaF

I have used your updated OC Efi folder a couple of pages back (0.7.7) as I was still on Audiogods original version running Mojave.

Just plugged my new iPhone 13 into the back USB C port and the Mac does not see it, is there any reason why I cannot see the iPhone, is the back Type C port disabled in your USB kext.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated to get it working as I have just ordered an Apple Watch 7 and I think the only way to connect that is with the Type C port.

Yes - I had this discussion with AG sometime back as I too need that connection for my iPhone. I think Port HS06 is the port for Type-C is missing from the mapped USB kext. I went another way to include it to my machine with the help of @texem I will include the file that goes into the ACPI Folder plus the config.plist entry. 

I suggest you try on a test USB drive before adding to your main drive, don't forget to clean the NVRAM before booting off the USB drive. Good luck.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 3.58.51 pm.png

SSDT-6.aml

48 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yes - I had this discussion with AG sometime back as I too need that connection for my iPhone. I think Port HS06 is the port for Type-C is missing from the mapped USB kext. I went another way to include it to my machine with the help of @texem I will include the file that goes into the ACPI Folder plus the config.plist entry. 

I suggest you try on a test USB drive before adding to your main drive, don't forget to clean the NVRAM before booting off the USB drive. Good luck.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 3.58.51 pm.png

SSDT-6.aml 10.52 kB · 0 downloads

thanks for the quick response, just about to test it out but I have a little question. In your screen grab you have an entry 4 beneath Path which shows 3 key/value pairs.

Mine shows no key/value pairs would that be a problem, how do I give it 3 values as I see no option too.

Sorry for the noob questions but I have never actually understood the ACPI part of the plist

See screenshot of what I have changed.

154002255_Screenshot2022-02-16at16_51.18(2).thumb.jpg.21e7046ae0fef5f81d81b327bf987ffd.jpg

22 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

how do I give it 3 values as I see no option too.

You need to use a good editor program like PlistEdit Pro or PlistEDPlus, both these apps are free and add the entries exactly as shown in the screenshot. Better still, copy your entire EFI Folder to your desktop, remove your personal data from the config.plist i.e S/N, ROM, SmUUID and MLB then compress the EFI Folder and upload it here and I will make the changes for you. The choice is yours.

PS - Your screenshot looks ok to me unless I am missing what you're describing.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 5.18.23 pm.png

Edited by eSaF

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You need to use a good editor program like PlistEdit Pro or PlistEDPlus, both these apps are free and add the entries exactly as shown in the screenshot. Better still, copy your entire EFI Folder to your desktop, remove your personal data from the config.plist i.e S/N, ROM, SmUUID and MLB then compress the EFI Folder and upload it here and I will make the changes for you. The choice is yours.

thanks 

I think it would be better and really appreciated if you could change my EFI. Like I said I'm not technically minded when it comes to ACPI stuff

see attached, but it is in fact the one you provided, although I have removed what you asked. Also had to remove Boot and Apple folder as the zip was over 10meg

OC.zip

@scotty pro - Hi without changing anything else, please re-enter your personal data to the config.plist and try this EFI Folder on a test USB Drive. I have updated all files to the latest OC 0.7.8 as they were some outdated files, don't forget to clean the NVRAM before booting from the USB Drive. If your using p/c speakers you might need to reduce the volume slightly as I have enabled Startup Boot Chime. If the revised folder is to your satisfaction, then you can copy the entire folder to the EFI Partition of your main drive. Good luck.

OC.zip

Thanks eSaF for the updated EFI, still no iPhone showing up though.

Seems my system is not seeing the Type C port as it is not in System Info.

But I do now have the boot chime which I never had before, that's a good thing :)

1453156699_Screenshot2022-02-17at09_19.25(2).thumb.jpg.95b7dba890d6b45a18869cffbe06c6a7.jpg

Edited by scotty pro

18 hours ago, eSaF said:

@scotty pro - Hi without changing anything else, please re-enter your personal data to the config.plist and try this EFI Folder on a test USB Drive. I have updated all files to the latest OC 0.7.8 as they were some outdated files, don't forget to clean the NVRAM before booting from the USB Drive. If your using p/c speakers you might need to reduce the volume slightly as I have enabled Startup Boot Chime. If the revised folder is to your satisfaction, then you can copy the entire folder to the EFI Partition of your main drive. Good luck.

OC.zip 6.3 MB · 3 downloads

all of the sudden after I looked at your EFI file I solved all of my problems except "unsupported image"

Edited by markl18

2 hours ago, scotty pro said:

Seems my system is not seeing the Type C port as it is not in System Info.

See the attached - I sent you exactly the same files I am using so you shouldn't be having a problem connecting your iPhone. Try the c-port at the back of the machine. Another thing to consider and this is from a personal experience. When I bought a new p/c case, I found my C-Ports were not showing up when I plug devices in, on further messing about, I realised I forgot to plug in the C-Port lead form the case to the motherboard's C-Port header so just have a look to insure you didn't do as I did also make sure the connection is good and firm.

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 11.26.53 am.png

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 11.27.25 am.png

I do not have a front USB-C port just the back one that is what the phone is plugged into, might have a dodgy back port but I have nothing else to connect to it.

Just tried the front usb 2.0 standard port and that seems to work OK

26 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

I do not have a front USB-C port just the back one that is what the phone is plugged into, might have a dodgy back port but I have nothing else to connect to it.

The attached pic shows where the connection is on mine and it is exactly in the same location as on your board, just have a look and see if a case cable leading from a USB-C plug-in point is attached to where the arrow is pointing in the pic.

Spoiler

278992965_Screenshot2022-02-17at12_43_43pm.thumb.png.6fc802a62282ef2dc4370804d807df6e.png