[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

My First Install with MacPro 7,1 2019 SMBIOS :

I installed macOS Catalina DP6, about 17 minutes and all seems OK. 

I'will try macOS Catalina DP7 later...

1523214236_Capturedcran2019-08-2920_33_13.thumb.png.ed76d8adaadddcef1b6040895bd837d1.png

• Like 2

Ok now for the Old Nvidia and Intel HD 3000 

both fix are included in the same package and for Catalina 10.15, note that the repos has change of name and links

New link to the Repos ➤ Legacy Video patch

GeForce 210

legacy.thumb.png.2b6ed338c29cc35fa1976905498e4b7c.png

Intel HD 3000

legacy1.thumb.png.a6bf1a54acceef92998b965580dc3864.png

legacy2.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 5

Guest ricoc90

@chris1111 how does the HD 3000 perform? I did install Catalina on my mid-2011 macbook pro with the HD 3000 but the performance was really, really bad to the point of not being usable at all

41 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

@chris1111 how does the HD 3000 perform? I did install Catalina on my mid-2011 macbook pro with the HD 3000 but the performance was really, really bad to the point of not being usable at all

Works good here , Video Youtube works and QE/CI 

EDIT**

the only things is some graphics glitch aprears some times

Try my packages after a fresh Install of BETA7

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

@iCanaro..   With which mac_Updater did you update Catalina to HFS +? with the same Mac_Updater for Mojave? or another version?

and where can I download the latest Mac_Updater from Gengik84 ?

Edited by pinarek

@C.Frio  

Thank you my friend for the link .. I just tried it under Mojave 10.14.6, it is ok so it loads with the link from Github:

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gengik84/MacOS_Updater/Catalina/MacOS_Updater && chmod +x ./MacOS_Updater && sh ./MacOS_Updater

down the current Catalina beta, then I have to install it, but probably a little different than usual with Mojave or?

Edited by pinarek

hi...

you have pay attention if you downloaded the upgrade or the full one...

I use to install from Mojave..or even from another Catalina in  hdd or ssd..just do install.... and select your disk, or can make a "create installmedia"

you can download the full versions with this .app too https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=329390

c.frio

I've tested the whole thing, which is big Bull****, with the DP7 Catalina (with the full version of 6.86 GB). It can be installed as HFS +.

BUT it goes for example. if I do not run kextutility 2.6.6 anymore, Catalina will not boot anymore.
But all this is possible with Catalinea DP7 as APFS, without any problems. I did the tests on PC-2 in my signature.

Also could not change the icon for the partition Catalina DP7 on the desktop there was always a folder icon there.
There are different access rights errors when installing on HFS +.

This is apparently the same {censored} as here, where my friend Herve also says it's big Trash !!! :

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339760-tutorial-new-method-how-to-install-macos-catalina-on-laptop-pc/?do=findComment&comment=2683797

Edited by pinarek

given that the installation of catalina in HFS is for pure testing and fun ... once the initial phase is over, at the first reboot you enter in single user and as root you enter a sequence of commands ... in the guides in Italian everything is correctly explained

https://www.macos86.it/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1640

everything is accessible only when you are logged in on the site ...

@iCanaro .. no, well, I did not want to blame you! on a not-well-functioning tool. Who uses an SSD with MBR status today?
One would have to format either the whole SSD in GPT or MBR. One thing is only possible.

Since I have already installed Mojave 10.14.5 and 10.14.6 on a SSD in GPT format and also Cataline 10.15 the DP7 with APFS,

it is not even possible to create a MBR partition to install a Catalina on MBR to install.

But I still have a small 180 GB SSD lying around, which I will then format in MBR and test the

strange tool from Genkig84.

I think there are problems with the translators :) or I don't understand where the misunderstanding comes from.

No mbr, only UEFI.

I use this method for mojave in HFS in my hacks Z97, Z370, Clevo and catalina HFS hack Z370 in signature

I always translate with Google Translator ... you surely synonymous or?
Ok I managed to successfully install MBR with the tool from gengik84 Catalina DP7 to HFS + with GPT, but there are no scripts and also the icon on the desktop of the Catalina partition can NOT be changed.

Next links can not be moved on the desktop or the shift is not saved, so that every time you log in and restart the link on the desktop moves to the right.

It does not work so much !!

here in Italiano:

Traduco sempre con Google Translator ... sicuramente anche tu?
Ok, sono riuscito a installare con successo MBR con lo strumento da gengik84 Catalina DP7 a HFS + con GPT, ma non ci sono script e anche l'icona sul desktop della partizione Catalina NON può essere modificata.

I collegamenti successivi non possono essere spostati sul desktop o il turno non viene salvato, pertanto ogni volta che si accede e si riavvia il collegamento sul desktop si sposta a destra.

Non funziona così tanto !!

Edited by pinarek

2 hours ago, oscarbg said:

Hi,

anyone can share the latest (DP7) USB port limit patches?

I used the ones referenced on first post and doesn't work (seems they are only for DP1?):

or anyone on DP7 have it working and it's my problem?

same patches

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>USB Port limit patch #1(credits PMheart)</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				g/sPDw==
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.15.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				g/s/Dw==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>USB Port limit patch #2(credits PMheart)</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				g/kPDw==
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.15.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				g/k/Dw==
				</data>
			</dict>

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

DP7 with USB Limit patch

image.thumb.png.da52052adb2df36f9cc2b4da84d50766.png

Hi..

Thanks MaLd0n and Andres,

so it's my problem..

Andres just have same motherboard but my screenshoot of IORegistryExplorer is different:

I see XHC instead of XUSB and no SSxxx entries..

other diff is system info :

iMac (27 pulgadas, finales de 2013)

and also have USBInjectAll loaded (kext stat):

0x4000     com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.7.1)

some help?

image.thumb.png.b490dcdc4a7a965fcbcf55b09f7372d7.png

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I just did a fresh install of Catalina DP? 19A546d but i cannot figure out how to add my custom resolution back in /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/ as macOS tells me it is a read only file system.

In Hackintool under Tools there is a button called "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode" which should allow you to write to this location.

• Like 5

On 9/8/2019 at 2:14 AM, headkaze said:

In Hackintool under Tools there is a button called "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode" which should allow you to write to this location.

Thankyou, this worked a treat.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 12.05.28 pm.png

• Like 1

On 07.09.2019 at 19:44, headkaze said:

В Hackintool в разделе «Инструменты» есть кнопка «Отключить Gatekeeper и монтировать диск в режиме чтения / записи», которая должна позволить вам выполнять запись в эту папку.

Terminal: sudo mount -uw /

• Like 1