[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90
On 8/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, devillived666 said:

The linked comment gives error 404

Works on my end, anyways: settings and preferences->keyboard->modifier keys. For Capslock set its action to something among the lines of "no task".

However, this doesn't seem to be necessary for DP5.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:49 AM, ricoc90 said:

Works on my end, anyways: settings and preferences->keyboard->modifier keys. For Capslock set its action to something among the lines of "no task".

However, this doesn't seem to be necessary for DP5.

I can confirm capslock doesn’t appear to be an issue with the latest build anymore.

Guest ricoc90
34 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

no freeze keyboard but cap locks not working on my Logitech even if I activate in the modification key

I have to use the shift key 

True, same behavior here. But hey, fixing a crash by just taking out the functionality still is a fix right? :rofl:

17 hours ago, chris1111 said:

no freeze keyboard but cap locks not working on my Logitech even if I activate in the modification key

I have to use the shift key 

I must’ve been asleep. You are quite right. Capslock doesn’t freeze keyboard but doesn’t affect the case of letter typed :( Still I can’t remember the last time I used Capslock ;)

• Like 1

I have everything working great. My question is: what needs to be done in order to get the new AppleTV to play movies? My smbios is  MacBookPro14,1 (board-id:Mac-B4831CEBD52A0C4C). Does DRM video content work through whatevergreen on Catalina?

Edited by blayze

12 hours ago, blayze said:

I have everything working great. My question is: what needs to be done in order to get the new AppleTV to play movies? My smbios is  MacBookPro14,1 (board-id:Mac-B4831CEBD52A0C4C). Does DRM video content work through whatevergreen on Catalina?

It used to be that you could play media by using 32bit iTunes. But these days I think the only way is to download the content first. I just get a blank screen if I try to stream. sorry. :(

On 6/4/2019 at 1:53 AM, Tony Arnold said:

Has anyone had success with VegaGraphicsFixup? WhateverGreen doesn't work with dual DisplayPort connections like the LG 5K display requires.

Do you know if WAhteverGreen now has support for RX 580/Vega and the LG 5k? I'm looking into building a Z390 Mobo with a Titan Ridge + LG Ultrafine 5k

Guest ricoc90
2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Cap lock issue is fix only the light  of the cap lock in to the keyboard not showing here on Logitec keyboard :rofl:

Yep, same. I guess they'll introduce that as a new function in Catalina 10.15.1 :lol:

During the update to beta 6 my hack freezes... Every time I update my macOS (be it 10.14 or 10.15) , I have to move or click the mouse to keep it from freezing, and I just left it for 10min this time and it just froze... Now I have to download a full image from App Store and reinstall... 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

I've Developer Beta 5 installed on Z390 Hack, "Software Update" want to update to Public Beta 5 instead of Developer Beta 6. Why?

Any idea

Thanks

How did you install it? From a USB drive or update?

Anyhow, use cvad'd SWUSwitcher to switch to the Dev Beta seed. It looks like you're on the Public Beta one.

Then try again.

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

How did you install it? From a USB drive or update?

Anyhow, use cvad'd SWUSwitcher to switch to the Dev Beta seed. It looks like you're on the Public Beta one.

I update from Catalina. There is a problem with DP5 or I made a mistake somewhere (previous update).

Thanks for Cvad's tool :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I update from Catalina. There is a problem with DP5 or I made a mistake somewhere (previous update).

Thanks for Cvad's tool :)

Mat, I think you might have had the public beta seed from the previous update. That's just my guess of course. :) 

Aaand you're welcome. :)