[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

Just now, arsradu said:

Mat, I think you might have had the public beta seed from the previous update. That's just my guess of course. :) 

Aaand you're welcome. :) 

I think so :) 

You're welcome too

EDIT: DP6 and Public Beta 5 are the same number version in Apple catalog!!!

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I think so :) 

You're welcome too

EDIT: DP6 and Public Beta 5 are the same number version in Apple catalog!!!

Yes. :) They've always been like that. it's the same build number, the same actual build, just different seed, different number (as in iteration from Public Beta 4 to Public Beta 5), and usually different launch dates. The Public Beta usually comes a day or so after the Dev Beta.

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

@dosdude and @ASentientBot deliver the goods again for legacy machines with non metal cards :thumbsup_anim:.

Successful upgrade to Catalina DP6_19A536g on my legacy Dell XPS M1530 Core2Duo laptop with Nvidia Tesla 8600M GT accelerated graphics...

902535599_Catalina_DP6_19A536gonXPSM1530.thumb.png.576895535d49214369f5590410465f68.png

Prepared USB installer from full app with @dosdude's latest macOS Catalina Patcher v1.0.7 ---> boot to installer with Clover r5018, bypassing machine compatibility checks.  The patched InstallESD.dmg automatically installs the required legacy video kexts so no post install patching required.

Also omits /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin during the install, so we avoid any kps for Core2Duo CPUs.

• Like 7

Has anyone tried running Parallels Desktop on Catalina?  I usually wait to install the GM on my main system partition but I'm getting impatient and want to make the switch to Catalina DP6 but I really, really need to be able to use Parallels for work.  How about Xfinder?  How about Radio Silence?  I know there are workarounds for those two.

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Has anyone tried running Parallels Desktop on Catalina?  I usually wait to install the GM on my main system partition but I'm getting impatient and want to make the switch to Catalina DP6 but I really, really need to be able to use Parallels for work.  How about Xfinder?  How about Radio Silence?  I know there are workarounds for those two.

I have been using Parallels 14.1.3 since Beta 1 without problems. I have CENTOS in virtual machine and Windows 10 with Bootcamp (VM created using Windows partition) working perfectly.

• Thanks 1

"I've installed Catalina B6 and now the graphics doesn't work. I have Intel Graphic 530 and entered 0x19160000 into config ig-platform-id. PC doesn't boot but it halts at Apple Logo. When I enter FakeID:12345678 system boots but I get this graphics 7 MB (photo). Please help."

IMG_4270.JPG

Edited by luky35

21 hours ago, fusion71au said:

@dosdude and @ASentientBot deliver the goods again for legacy machines with non metal cards :thumbsup_anim:.

Successful upgrade to Catalina DP6_19A536g on my legacy Dell XPS M1530 Core2Duo laptop with Nvidia Tesla 8600M GT accelerated graphics...

Oh nice, my NVDA Fermi GF119 definetely needs only CoreDisplay & SkyLight wrapper binary from @ASentientBot to boot 10.15 Beta with QE/CI enabled. OpenGL.framework (etc) is rolled back from 10.14.4 (not 10.14.3). So, thanks to him anyway.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 10.15.56.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

@fusion71au ..and, what's wrong with macOS Catalina's Internal Storage icon? On my case, I removed hidden .VolumeIcon.icns on root then it shown as Folder (instead of Disk).

Cosmetic bugs in DP6, reported even in real macs eg @DuncanGarp reported the disk icon issue with Catalina installed on an external drive for his real MBP2012.  Also noticed the "blank circle" issue when trying to change default profile picture as mentioned by @avz.

Hopefully Apple will fix later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I upgraded my main macOS partition to Catalina DP6 from Mojave 10.14.6.  I have been running the Catalina betas on a small partition on my 1TB SSD and, after some initial problems with the first beta, it has been running just fine. So much so, that I decided to upgrade to Catalina on my main partition.  It turned out to be a time-consuming nightmare.  Catalina would install just fine but, as soon as I tried to boot to the new installation, I would get a kp and an instant reboot.  Here's the error entry I received:

IMG_4686.thumb.png.61d6003252fa56a13f4c3e91e0f90897.png

I tried all sorts of fixes, using suggestions in this thread and whatever else Google would provide regarding the particular error.  Nothing worked and some fixes made things much worse.  But all I knew is that I had one installation of Catalina that worked and one that didn't.  So it couldn't be a hardware problem and it couldn't be a problem with any shared resources in EFI.  After many hours of installing, deleting, reinstalling, etc., I decided to compare the L/E folders of the two installations for any clue regarding this ACHI error.  There were several kexts in the main partition's L/E folder that kept getting reinstalled when I restored my files from Time Machine and I deleted them all so that the L/E folder in my main partition was identical to the L/E folder in my testing partition. Lo and behold, that did it.  It turns out that the culprit was the AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext.  I have no idea when I installed that kext or why.  However, I can confirm that it did not work for me in Catalina.  Once I deleted it, Catalina booted up just fine and has been working very well for me.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any of you guys running Mojave and Catalina getting the iCloud password popup going from one OS to the other?

Most annoying. I think it does this no matter what 2 or more OS you use.

I suppose Apple just expects you to run one Mac OS and that's usually the latest.

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Any of you guys running Mojave and Catalina getting the iCloud password popup going from one OS to the other?

Most annoying. I think it does this no matter what 2 or more OS you use.

I suppose Apple just expects you to run one Mac OS and that's usually the latest.

Yeah I recently had to reinstall Mojave but before doing that I needed to update the SMBIOS info now I get the iCloud password pop up on my MacBook Air and Mac mini.

P.S:

I didn't change the Serial Number and the Board Serial Number though, just BIOS Version and BIOS release date.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, luky35 said:

"I've installed Catalina B6 and now the graphics doesn't work. I have Intel Graphic 530 and entered 0x19160000 into config ig-platform-id. PC doesn't boot but it halts at Apple Logo. When I enter FakeID:12345678 system boots but I get this graphics 7 MB (photo). Please help."

Try booting without InjectIntel=True and with No ig-platform-id.

IMG_4270.thumb.JPG.1db7977d56f9e7502ae572266fd1fbf9.JPG
1916 is hd 520
try 19120000 with fakeid 19128086
or only intel inject

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah I recently had to reinstall Mojave but before doing that I needed to update the SMBIOS info now I get the iCloud password pop up on my MacBook Air and Mac mini.

P.S:

I didn't change the Serial Number and the Board Serial Number though, just BIOS Version and BIOS release date.

Obvious that this MUST be happening to a lot of people, not just us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

1916 is hd 520
try 19120000 with fakeid 19128086
or only intel inject

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

My EFI please look and change

EFI.zip

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Try booting without InjectIntel=True and with No ig-platform-id.

My EFI.

EFI.zip

Guest ricoc90
5 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Obvious that this MUST be happening to a lot of people, not just us.

Happened to me up until the 4th beta but I need to say that I haven't had the issue since the 5th beta