[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

You said here all good for you no issue BETA 5 on your laptop

Yes, in my laptop HP EliteBook I install the Beta 5 without any problem, but in the PC i5 4460 Desktop build it stucks in PCI configuration end, and I think changing EC0 to EC in DSDT Patches will solve the problem, but doesn´t seems to do anything. The strange thing is I could update from Beta 4 to Beta 5 in Desktop build, but after update it I can boot it.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Edited by asdesoso

Guest ricoc90
5 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Yes, in my laptop HP EliteBook I install the Beta 5 without any problem, but in the PC i5 4460 Desktop build it stucks in PCI configuration end, and I think changing EC0 to EC in DSDT Patches will solve the problem, but doesn´t seems to do anything. The strange thing is I could update from Beta 4 to Beta 5 in Desktop build, but after update it I can boot it.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Check your DSDT. Probably you need the H_EC to EC patch

Edited by ricoc90

1 minute ago, ricoc90 said:

Check your DSDT. Probably you need the H_EC to EC patch

I have put the H_EC to EC patch, EC0 to EC patch, and ECDV to EC patch, all in DSDT patches.

Best regards.

Guest ricoc90
3 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

I have put the H_EC to EC patch, EC0 to EC patch, and ECDV to EC patch, all in DSDT patches.

Best regards.

Can you post your DSDT?

26 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

I have put the values to replace it in config.plist via Clover Configurator > ACPI > DSDT Patches.

I attached the config.plist here without Serial Number.

Best regards.

config.plist

use only correct rename, only one, u need check ur tables or ioreg and rename only device with AppleACPIEC load

MaLd0n 2019-08-01 às 16.29.01 cópia.png

• Thanks 1

Update went well for me. I just needed to add ethernet again to net works settings and re boot

12 hours ago, Tony Arnold said:

Those of you who are succeeding with this update - are you using Clover or OpenCore when you install the update?

Ozmosis modded bios

19 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Hi @MaLd0n do you have a patch.txt to do this rename AppleACPIE

thanks again

notebooks, this device have many entries in dsdt and dependencies with OEM SSDTs, let the bootloader work on it ;) 

desktop, have only EC0 in some asus mobos and others, we can use it without any problem

into_all device label EC0 set_label begin EC end

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90
19 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

desktop, have only EC0 in some asus mobos and others, we can use it without any problem

into_all device label EC0 set_label begin EC end

my Dell Precision T1700 has H_EC, so for me that would be a problem :rofl:

2073717670_Schermafbeelding2019-08-01om22_28_45.png.525975cde056cb359284d189b2b3574b.png

Edited by ricoc90

6 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

my Dell Precision T1700 has H_EC, so for me that would be a problem :rofl:

2073717670_Schermafbeelding2019-08-01om22_28_45.png.525975cde056cb359284d189b2b3574b.png

No need to rename thing,, just add EC device if you don't have EC device in your system

SSDT-EC.dsl from here https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-EC.dsl can be a sampel.

If you used OpenCore bootloader then Renaming ACPI will affect in other OS too. Just add EC device with If _OSI method. No need combination of manual renaming, patch all OEM SSDT from Config.plist

• Like 1

Remove all patch about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC,, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT,

Just put this to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched or EFI/OC/ACPI.

Problem will be solved,, with if _OSI of Darwin, then if you used OpenCore bootloader and boot to Windoes then EC device from this custom SSDT will not be loaded. So no worry.

Renaming ACPI with OpenCore bootloader without if _OSI specific then it will appear in your device manager. I attached a sampel

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest ricoc90
2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

No need to rename thing,, just add EC device if you don't have EC device in your system

SSDT-EC.dsl from here https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-EC.dsl can be a sampel.

If you used OpenCore bootloader then Renaming ACPI will affect in other OS too. Just add EC device with If _OSI method. No need combination of manual renaming, patch all OEM SSDT from Config.plist

I renamed H_EC to EC through the Clover patch mentioned by MaLd0n a couple of posts earlier. I was just mentioning that his patch.txt for maciasl won't work in my case (simply because mine is not EC0 but H_EC)

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Remove all patch about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC,, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT,

Problem will be solved,, with if _OSI of Darwin, then if you used OpenCore bootloader EC device will not be loaded. So no worry.

Renaming ACPI with OpenCore bootloader without if _OSI specific then it will appear in your device manager.

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml

I'l look into it later, thanks :D

1 minute ago, ricoc90 said:

I renamed H_EC to EC through the Clover patch mentioned by MaLd0n a couple of posts earlier. I was just mentioning that his patch.txt for maciasl won't work in my case (simply because mine is not EC0 but H_EC)

No need to rename your DSDT device from Config.plist. Just use that SSDT. It will fix it

51 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Hi @MaLd0n do you have a patch.txt to do this rename AppleACPIE

thanks again

Most of device has only EC0, H_EC or ECDV in DSDT only, but in certain device you will found those device in OEM SSDT too. Just renaming DSDT can cause trouble. if you rename this device from DSDT only, and if you have another H_EC/ECDV/EC0 ini other SSDT then you will need patch it from bootloader too. Simple thing just add EC device, no negative effect.

if u have a native device why create other? is a non-sense way

usbx is mandatory for skylake+, skylake- just need create or rename devices and kill EHCx devices, serie 8+

Hello, mates!

I have a problem updating to Catalina public beta 4. (currently i'm on beta 3, updated from latest Mojave)

With verbose boot mode on, i'm stuck at "apfs module start 1682" message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by Dobry_Bodry

Guest ricoc90
Just now, Dobry_Bodry said:

Hello, mates!

I have a problem updating to Catalina public beta 4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Look above :P

2 minutes ago, Dobry_Bodry said:

Hello, mates!

I have a problem updating to Catalina public beta 4. (currently i'm on beta 3, updated from latest Mojave)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try put that files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched,, reboot and check

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Try put that files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched,, reboot and check

I'm sorry, but i'm total noobie in ACPI and DSDT. What files i should move?

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Problem will be solved,, with if _OSI of Darwin, then if you used OpenCore bootloader and boot to Windoes then EC device from this custom SSDT will not be loaded. So no worry.

Renaming ACPI with OpenCore bootloader without if _OSI specific then it will appear in your device manager. I attached a sampel

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml

Copied the above .aml and previous .dst files to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and finally my Desktop build with Catalina DP5 boot-up again. :lol::lol:

Thanks for all people that helped me.

Here are some pictures.

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-01 a las 23.26.18.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-01 a las 23.26.25.png

1 minute ago, asdesoso said:

Copied the above .aml and previous .dst files to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and finally my Desktop build with Catalina DP5 boot-up again. :lol::lol:

Thanks for all people that helped me.

Here are some pictures.

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-01 a las 23.26.18.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-01 a las 23.26.25.png

Congratulations then :D

Just remove SSDT-EC.dsl., you don't need DSL files ini ACPI :D It's not used

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1