Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, ruglau said:

I say right if I say that one port 3.0 deals 2 slot of the 15? (one 2.0 and one 3.0?)

I always thought USB 3.0 ports counted as 2. 1 HS for USB 2 functionality and 1 SS for USB 3.0 functionality.

3 hours ago, Tobiko said:

I always thought USB 3.0 ports counted as 2. 1 HS for USB 2 functionality and 1 SS for USB 3.0 functionality.

You might be right. If all of his 22 ports are on the one controller then it will be over the limit.

Edited by headkaze

3 hours ago, ruglau said:

yes I do, I think the problem is that if I keep all 2.0 (HSXX) and 3.0 (SSXX) I exceed the limit of 15...

You could be right actually. Can you please download Hackintool v1.7.5 and try again? I've updated the instructions too so let me know if it's easier to follow. Is there anything else you think I should change or add?

Edited by headkaze

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

@Allan @jamvybz and anyone else suffering from a black screen on boot please read the [GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem). I haven't looked through it yet but it does appear to be helping some people.

i already tried this but thats when i just started cant hurt to give it another read . what can i do if my system cant boot up using the proper graphics Device ID and Platform ID? all i get is a kernel panic when i try that 

Edited by jamvybz

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

@Allan @jamvybz and anyone else suffering from a black screen on boot please read the [GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem). I haven't looked through it yet but it does appear to be helping some people.

this a is what ive been trying to understand with the kackintool why is it that non of the rows are highlighted for my system if i was get the highlights on my system my system i don't think that i would still be having this problem, i could just see the Connectors that i need to change to hdmi and vga 

3 minutes ago, Ukr55 said:

I think the issue is you have an AMD video card. I would love to support it but I just don't have the hardware. If there is anyone who is a coder with an AMD card willing to add support I'm more than happy to add it to Github. The reason it's not on there right now is because I don't see the point in making the source public until there are people who are willing to contribute.

My screen turns black if I don't have EDID injection in Graphics/EDID or Devices/Properties/PciRoot~ AAPL,override-no-edid(no-connect). I was wondering if Hackintool would do something, so with EDID injected, I ran this app and have installed the exported kext/DisplayVendorID folder separately, but I still get a black screen without EDID injection in clover. Is Hackintool incompatible with manually injected edid? Am I missing something?

55 minutes ago, headkaze said:

I think the issue is you have an AMD video card. I would love to support it but I just don't have the hardware. If there is anyone who is a coder with an AMD card willing to add support I'm more than happy to add it to Github. The reason it's not on there right now is because I don't see the point in making the source public until there are people who are willing to contribute.

Maybe this help.

4 minutes ago, Ukr55 said:

Maybe this help.

Not really as the EDID code is already based on Andy Vandijck's FixEDID the difference is I gather the EDID data directly from IORegistry and his utility requires a dump from DarwinDumper. Again it's probably not alot of work to add support for AMD I just don't have the time or inclination to do it right now.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, headkaze said:

I just updated my Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen guide with a section called "Spoofing Intel CPU Gen".

So I would try spoofing Kaby Lake with a 0x591E device-id, Intel HD Graphics 615 (Mobile) MacBook10,1.

So you may need to add a lilucpu=9 boot flag to spoof Kaby Lake Intel CPU Gen and device-id=0x591E along with AAPL,ig-platform-id=0x591E0000 in your IGPU entry for Devices/Properties.

Thanks so much for looking into this Kaze! I've tried the IDs you suggested and a few variations, but sadly they boot with the typical low 8mb thingy. I think it might have something to do with 0x591E being HD615, whereas the IGPU in this device is UHD615? I tried 0x5917 which is supposed to be UHD620 on Kaby Lake if I got that right, but that did not work either, it just shows up with 8mb. 

I also tried lilucpu=10 with ig-platform-id 0x3EA50009 and device-id 0x3E920009 (and a few variants as there are multiple) for UHD630, but that gave me a KP.

~~EDIT: Another oddity, with these settings in place it seems like -igfxdump refuses to work, as I can't see the Framebuffer file created in root. I am not sure what would cause that, could this be related to me having set the platform/device IDs?~~ Scratch this, I was dumb, I had updated Lilu and WhateverGreen to their latest versions, replacing the debug versions with normal ones.. Le sigh.

EDIT*2: I should also clarify and say that "About This Mac" still shows the CPU as a Core M3, and the GPU as "Intel UHD Graphics 615 8MB", suggesting that perhaps the spoofs I set don't actually work. I have attached the EFI folder (sans themes), perhaps this will help. I'm at least 60% sure I made a mistake somewhere, so please do point out where I did so!

EFI.zip

Edited by Deibu
Attached EFI.zip and added note on igfxdump seemingly not working

15 hours ago, headkaze said:

You could be right actually. Can you please download Hackintool v1.7.5 and try again? I've updated the instructions too so let me know if it's easier to follow. Is there anything else you think I should change or add?

I'm now out of my town, when come back tonight I retry ;) thanks!