Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ruglau said:

I have 2 HUB used on motherboard (ARGB fan / supply Corsair)

Are you sure the string is correct? I didn't write correct string I write "boot uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13" instead "-uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13"

(i missed the "-" and write boot)

Yes they are correct. Why are you including 4 ports? You should only need two. One for your mouse and one for your keyboard.

I have mouse + keyboard + 2 HUB connected (ARGB fans control and PowerSupply control) (I have to not include that?)

anyway i tried with this situation to go ahead so:

I Used the Export button to generate a USBPorts.kext onto your Desktop.

I Copied this file into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
I Removed custom boot flags (-uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=x)
I Removed USBInjectAll.kext
I Disabled Clover Renames (XHC, EH01, EH02)

and.......

just the front panel USB type-c works!! ahahah WTF!?!?!?

I will try to repeat the entire steps

Edited by ruglau

4 hours ago, headkaze said:

Sounds more like the USBPorts.kext failed to load. Where did you have your USBInjectAll.kext installed? You should place it in the same location.

I put in the same folder (efi-clover-kext etc) but i removed USBInjectAll.kekt, but if failed to load why only 1 port works?

in would love it if i could get some help, im using a coffee lake cpu with a 0xE920003 PlatformID but there isn't any Frame-buffer option for it so im trying to use a 0x3E9B007 Frame-buffer but i can only get it to use a black screen, when i team viewer to get on the system when it boots up with the black screen i shows the that igpu is working but i cant get a displayport to hdmi, when i open Hackimtool and go to Display there isnt anything showing up there . i just used this tool to fix my sound so idk whats going on. the tool cant seem to find my cpu gen with me adding it using the Frame-buffer and idk why nothing is coming in connectors 

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 10.46.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 10.46.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 10.50.20 PM.png

59 minutes ago, jamvybz said:

in would love it if i could get some help, im using a coffee lake cpu with a 0xE920003 PlatformID but there isn't any Frame-buffer option for it so im trying to use a 0x3E9B007 Frame-buffer but i can only get it to use a black screen, when i team viewer to get on the system when it boots up with the black screen i shows the that igpu is working but i cant get a displayport to hdmi, when i open Hackimtool and go to Display there isnt anything showing up there . i just used this tool to fix my sound so idk whats going on. the tool cant seem to find my cpu gen with me adding it using the Frame-buffer and idk why nothing is coming in connectors 

If I had a dollar for every "black screen"... I replied to your cut/paste post on the "other forum" ;)

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, headkaze said:

Try using Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake with Patch->Advanced->Device Id to spoof an IGPU.

I've tried this with the Intel UHD 617 (the one the late 2018 Macbook Air has, I figured that would be worth a shot), but unfortunately it did not work either. I might have to try other ones, or perhaps find a way to manually tweak specific bus settings.

I have shared some of the logs and related files over in a separate thread, I know it's a lot to ask and you're busy helping so many people solve their problems, but if you end up having a moment to spare and can perhaps help get a bit more insight in to what might specifically cause the internal display to refuse to show up with the iGPU (seemingly properly) configured, I and other owners of this device will be forever in your debt! :D

Edited by Deibu

18 minutes ago, Deibu said:

I've tried this with the Intel UHD 617 (the one the late 2018 Macbook Air has, I figured that would be worth a shot), but unfortunately it did not work either. I might have to try other ones, or perhaps find a way to manually tweak specific bus settings?

ok thanks i guess it cant hurt

17 minutes ago, jamvybz said:

ok thanks i guess it cant hurt

Sorry, I replied to Headkaze about a different topic, not yours :).

But regarding your challenge; I think you're on the right track in trying to find something that is similar enough to your hardware. I didn't read through all your posts but I would recommend you also try several SMBIOS presets to see if using another device (ie. one if the imac options) can help you get to boot properly. Even if you're doing this on a laptop, it might be handier to first start by trying to get it to boot with proper graphics acceleration, and then work your way back from there. I hope you can figure it out! 

3 minutes ago, Deibu said:

Sorry, I replied to Headkaze about a different topic, not yours :).

But regarding your challenge; I think you're on the right track in trying to find something that is similar enough to your hardware. I didn't read through all your posts but I would recommend you also try several SMBIOS presets to see if using another device (ie. one if the imac options) can help you get to boot properly. Even if you're doing this on a laptop, it might be handier to first start by trying to get it to boot with proper graphics acceleration, and then work your way back from there. I hope you can figure it out! 

is a hp desktop but im gonna try changing the SMBIOS  and see if anything comes from it 

On 1/11/2019 at 2:26 AM, Deibu said:

I've been trying to get an internal display working of a device that has an Intel m3-8100Y (Amber Lake) CPU with UHD615 graphics.

I just updated my Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen guide with a section called "Spoofing Intel CPU Gen".

So I would try spoofing Kaby Lake with a 0x591E device-id, Intel HD Graphics 615 (Mobile) MacBook10,1.

So you may need to add a lilucpu=9 boot flag to spoof Kaby Lake Intel CPU Gen and device-id=0x591E along with AAPL,ig-platform-id=0x591E0000 in your IGPU entry for Devices/Properties.

33 minutes ago, zxv said:

Why the name and icon change? I dislike it.

The name change has been on the cards for a while. It's become more than just a framebuffer patching app as now it includes audio, USB and EDID patching.

So I've had people say it should be renamed because it's confusing and others say I should break it up into different apps. The main reason why I wanted to keep it a single app is I'm too lazy to maintain 4 different ones.

Anyway I personally like the name "Hackintool" and I think it suits this app well. I did try a few different icons but ended up going with the current one. I'll attach the other designs I was looking at.

Hackintool-Icon1.png

Hackintool-Icon2.png

Hackintool-Icon3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, headkaze said:

The name change has been on the cards for a while. It's become more than just a framebuffer patching app as now it includes audio, USB and EDID patching.

So I've had people say it should be renamed because it's confusing and others say I should break it up into different apps. The main reason why I wanted to keep it a single app is I'm too lazy to maintain 4 different ones.

Anyway I personally like the name "Hackintool" and I think it suits this app well.

A name change makes sense of course. It's just that "Hackintool" seems so generic and non-informative. 

2 hours ago, headkaze said:

I did try a few different icons but ended up going with the current one. I'll attach the other designs I was looking at.

Hackintool-Icon2.png

Of the 3, this one appears best.

• Like 1

I have to reset and repeat cause I also try a SSDT custom configuration but is too difficult for me...Hackintool vs SSDT custom is the same result or SSDT is better?

Headkaze, How can I reset all and start from beginning?

I tried to adding back the renames but still I see all green in HAckingtool

Edited by ruglau

7 hours ago, headkaze said:

It looks fine you shouldn't need to recreate it again. Maybe try adding back the renames?

really don't understand I tried to repeat all, and now all ports works good! but......

- Remove custom boot flags (-uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=x)
    - Remove USBInjectAll.kext
    - Remove Clover Renames (XHC, EH01, EH02)

when I tried to clean clover config and kext folder and reboot, none ports works (just the usb type-c in the front panel :( what I wrong??

OH ok, I finally understand!! after the step 8 I had to delete HSXX unused ports (except the mouse and keyboard) but I saw that green so I didn't realize that I had to delete :D

BUT: USB 2.0 don't works on 3.0 now

Edited by ruglau

1 hour ago, ruglau said:

OH ok, I finally understand!! after the step 8 I had to delete HSXX unused ports (except the mouse and keyboard) but I saw that green so I didn't realize that I had to delete :D

BUT: USB 2.0 don't works on 3.0 now

You don't delete the ports that are green. I think that maybe your problem is with step 7. Note the "remove -uia_exclude_ss boot flag" part. Did you make sure to do that?

Edited by headkaze

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

You don't delete the ports that are green. I think that maybe your problem is with step 7. Note the "remove -uia_exclude_ss boot flag" part. Did you make sure to do that?

yes I do, I think the problem is that if I keep all 2.0 (HSXX) and 3.0 (SSXX) I exceed the limit of 15... in fact now I can connect all 3.0 ports and works good, but no 2.0 drives into 3.0 ports. 

cause I have 7 usb 3.0, 2 usb type-c (one of this is double orentation) 2 usb 2.0 and 3 HUB so if I want 2.0 on 3.0 ports the total of ports will be 22 ports.

I say right if I say that one port 3.0 deals 2 slot of the 15? (one 2.0 and one 3.0?)

18 minutes ago, ruglau said:

yes I do, I think the problem is that if I keep all 2.0 (HSXX) and 3.0 (SSXX) I exceed the limit of 15... in fact now I can connect all 3.0 ports and works good, but no 2.0 drives into 3.0 ports. 

cause I have 7 usb 3.0, 2 usb type-c (one of this is double orentation) 2 usb 2.0 and 3 HUB so if I want 2.0 on 3.0 ports the total of ports will be 22 ports.

I say right if I say that one port 3.0 deals 2 slot of the 15? (one 2.0 and one 3.0?)

No. The 15 port limit is per-controller which is why you have to do them in two batches.