Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, headkaze said:

USB 3 ports are backwards compatible so they will have both an HSxx and SSxx port associated with it (in which case you should set them both to USB3).

how can I go to step 7 if type-c can't display green color cause are 3.0 drive that system can't recognize right now?

1 minute ago, ruglau said:

how can I go to step 7 if type-c can't display green color cause are 3.0 drive that system can't recognize right now?

Because at step 8 you jump back to step 4 and that's when you will discover the USB 3 ports.

52 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Make sure you have DVMT pre-alloc set to at least 64 MB in your BIOS.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a wrong resolution that im not able to change"? I have SwitchResX which I find very useful. If for some reason my Hack will not wake up (which will happen occasionally) I connect to it via VNC from another PC and quite often just changing the resolution via SwitchResX will wake my display up.

thanks but i guess changing the SwitchResX didn't help and i dont have option to change the DVMT on this system i think its set to 128BM by default but im not 100% about that 

20190113_031231.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Send me HPs-Mac-mini.zip

config.plist

9 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Because at step 8 you jump back to step 4 and that's when you will discover the USB 3 ports.

ok (thank you so much)

what does it mean that:

- If it uses the same HSxx/SSxx in both orientations, then it has an internal switch (use "TypeC+Sw")
    - If it uses a different HSxx/SSxx in each orientation, then it has no switch (use "TypeC")

USR1 I have to delete cause is unused?

Edited by ruglau

Just now, ruglau said:

ok (thank you so much)

what does it mean that:

- If it uses the same HSxx/SSxx in both orientations, then it has an internal switch (use "TypeC+Sw")
    - If it uses a different HSxx/SSxx in each orientation, then it has no switch (use "TypeC")

A TypeC port can be inserted in two orientations. If you plug in a USB C device one way and then plug it in the other way either it will show up as plugged into the same port or a different port. If it shows up in the same port then use "TypeC+Sw" and if it shows up in a different port use "TypeC" for both.

4 minutes ago, ruglau said:

USR1 I have to delete cause is unused?

It's fine you can delete them at the end.

3 minutes ago, headkaze said:

A TypeC port can be inserted in two orientations. If you plug in a USB C device one way and then plug it in the other way either it will show up as plugged into the same port or a different port. If it shows up in the same port then use "TypeC+Sw" and if it shows up in a different port use "TypeC" for both.

oh cool ahah i didn't know that.

I have to delete unused first of repeat the steps for 3.0 or after? (USR1 should be removed?)

Thanks I see now your edit! 

Edited by ruglau

1 minute ago, ruglau said:

I have to delete unused first of repeat the steps for 3.0 or after? (USR1 should be removed?)

You can delete them before or after it doesn't make a difference I just keep the instructions as simple as possible to avoid confusion.

13 minutes ago, headkaze said:

You can delete them before or after it doesn't make a difference I just keep the instructions as simple as possible to avoid confusion.

ok nice, now I repeated the step for 3.0 and seems work, except for one weird thing: 3 of 3.0 ports (one of these are the front panel type-c) are still on HSXX the others are on SSXX, and moreover 1 of 3.0 front panel port don't works (with 2.0 yes)

what I wrong?

Edited by ruglau

17 minutes ago, ruglau said:

ok nice, now I repeated the step for 3.0 and seems work, except for one weird thing: 3 of 3.0 ports (one of these are the front panel type-c) are still on HSXX the others are on SSXX, and moreover 1 of 3.0 front panel port don't works (with 2.0 yes)

what I wrong?

Hmmm. I'm wondering if the locationID of the ports are being reused and so it's only highlighting the first port in the list.

Can you try the attached Hackintool and let me know if they highlight correctly now.

Edited by headkaze

2 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Hmmm. I'm wondering if the locationID of the ports are being reused and so it's only highlighting the first port in the list.

Can you try the attached Hackintool and let me know if they highlight correctly now.

Hackintool.zip

I have to repeat all of steps to test this version?

Schermata 2019-01-15 alle 21.12.54.png

Schermata 2019-01-15 alle 21.13.05.png

Schermata 2019-01-15 alle 21.13.19.png

Edited by ruglau

5 minutes ago, headkaze said:

They're not supposed to be excluded. You need to ADD the SSxx ports.

wait sorry, with the new version I can see proprly on ssXX but the front panel port (1 of 2) still doesn't work and also I see all of HS still green color (is right?)

SS08 doesn't works.. the others SSxx are totally green and working

Edited by ruglau

2 minutes ago, ruglau said:

wait sorry, with the new version I can see proprly on ssXX but the front panel port (1 of 2) still doesn't work and also I see all of HS still green color (is right?)

Yes that's right Hackintool remembers the ports from your last boot.

As for the ports on the front panel I have no idea why they don't work, sorry.

1 minute ago, headkaze said:

Yes that's right Hackintool remembers the ports from your last boot.

As for the ports on the front panel I have no idea why they don't work, sorry.

Just one doesn't work, the other yes (and also the first time worked with 2.0) :(

11 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Can you try the attached version.

Hackintool.zip

no it doesn't work, but maybe I wrong something in the steps, I will try again all step (now I am preparated :D)

I was writing "boot uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13" instead "-uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13" maybe for this reason

for repeat the steps I have to do something or just repeat?

Edited by ruglau

I want to increase the VRAM to 2048MB. I generated the patch using KextToPatch (Base64).

But didn't work. :(

And talking about the boot problems, I've found another way to boot, and don't have glitches - Now I'm using only DVI port, not the HDMI. :)

Unfortunately the Dual Monitor don't work.

5 minutes ago, ruglau said:

no it doesn't work, but maybe I wrong something in the steps, I will try again all step (now I am preparated :D)

I was writing "boot uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13" instead "-uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13" maybe for this reason

for repeat the steps I have to do something or just repeat?

uia_include is correct but why are you adding all those ports? It's only supposed to be for the ports your mouse and keyboard are attached to.

3 minutes ago, Allan said:

I want to increase the VRAM to 2048MB. I generated the patch using KextToPatch (Base64).

But didn't work. :(

And talking about the boot problems, I've found another way to boot, and don't have glitches - Now I'm using only DVI port, not the HDMI. :)

Unfortunately the Dual Monitor don't work.

As per the instructions KextsToPatch no longer work in Mojave for Skylake and above.

22 minutes ago, headkaze said:

uia_include is correct but why are you adding all those ports? It's only supposed to be for the ports your mouse and keyboard are attached to.

As per the instructions KextsToPatch no longer work in Mojave for Skylake and above.

I have 2 HUB used on motherboard (ARGB fan / supply Corsair)

Are you sure the string is correct? I didn't write correct string I write "boot uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13" instead "-uia_include=HS01,HS11,HS12,HS13"

(i missed the "-" and write boot at least the clover edit the string automatically)

Edited by ruglau