Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, headkaze said:

Did you read the first paragraph in the first post? Specifically where it tells you to read the Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen guide first? At the bottom of the guide is a section called "Debug Output". It would be useful for you to include your Lilu log.

I've updated the icon to be brighter.

yes i did read is that what i was trying to use b4 i found this told but i keep running into a black screen or i get a kernel panic from my gpu 

7 minutes ago, Allan said:

Wow, that I've didn't noticed. I'll change it right now.

Hmmm I've checked here, and I think that this value come from Clover.

Look my current config.plist: config.plist

This should be set to false as per instructions:

<key>Inject</key>
	        <dict>
	            <key>Intel</key>
	            <true/>
Edited by headkaze

1 minute ago, headkaze said:

Why are you using 59120000 platform ID?

You should use a Coffee Lake one.

1 minute ago, Allan said:

This config.plist is the one that can boot the macOS.

If I do the changes as guide, I can't boot.

Look: config2.plist

thats the problem that im having also i cant boot with the platform ID that i should be using 

5 minutes ago, headkaze said:

This should be set to false as per instructions:

<key>Inject</key>
	        <dict>
	            <key>Intel</key>
	            <true/>

Guys why nobody can see my messages? :D

what if I have usb 3.1 Gen2?

also in this step:  - Plug and unplug a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 device into each USB port on your system

mine usb ports don't recognize 3.0 devices, I have to connect into each USB first the 2.0 and after 3.0? (into all ports also mouse and keyboard?)

sorry for bother again

13 minutes ago, Allan said:

This config.plist is the one that can boot the macOS.

If I do the changes as guide, I can't boot.

Look: config2.plist

Maybe try with "DP -> HDMI" but without "Hotplug Reboot Fix"

13 minutes ago, jamvybz said:

thats the problem that im having also i cant boot with the platform ID that i should be using 

Many people are having issues with Coffee Lake / 620 / 630 hardware. There is no exact science to it. The best thing to do is search around for a working configuration for your system. It's always useful to get Lilu logs also.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ruglau said:

mine usb ports don't recognize 3.0 devices, I have to connect into each USB first the 2.0 and after 3.0? (into all ports also mouse and keyboard?)

Because the port limit patches no longer work you must use USBInjectAll boot arguments to enable/disable USB controllers at a time and configure them separately rebooting each time. Hackintool will remember the ports you configured from the previous boot until finally you can generate a USBPorts.kext with all your ports. You need to test with USB 2 and 3 devices to discover which ports are which and set them accordingly.

1 minute ago, headkaze said:

Because the port limit patches no longer work you must use USBInjectAll boot arguments to enable/disable USB controllers at a time and configure them separately rebooting each time. Hackintool will remember the ports you configured from the previous boot until finally you can generate a USBPorts.kext with all your ports. You need to test with USB 2 and 3 devices to discover which ports are which and set them accordingly.

oh Thanks for reply! so it not necessary to use 3.1 gen2 are enough the gen1? 
last question, I have to test usb2.0 ports with 2.0 and 3.0 with 3.0 or all of them with 2.0? (my fear is that with 3.0 can't have the total speed of 3.1 gen2)

7 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Maybe try with "DP -> HDMI" but without "Hotplug Reboot Fix"

Many people are having issues with Coffee Lake / 620 / 630 hardware. There is no exact science to it. The best thing to do is search around for a working configuration for your system. It's always useful to get Lilu logs also.

i dont think looking around for a working configuration is gonna help me prebuilt HP Pavilion so

3 minutes ago, ruglau said:

oh Thanks for reply! so it not necessary to use 3.1 gen2 are enough the gen1? 
last question, I have to test usb2.0 ports with 2.0 and 3.0 with 3.0 or all of them with 2.0? (my fear is that with 3.0 can't have the total speed of 3.1 gen2)

Once you have the actual ports inside your USBPorts.kext you can always change the connector type later and export a new one. So just worry about getting all your ports listed in Hackintool first.

8 minutes ago, jamvybz said:

i dont think looking around for a working configuration is gonna help me prebuilt HP Pavilion so

Hackintosh is not for everyone...

3 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Once you have the actual ports inside your USBPorts.kext you can always change the connector type later and export a new one. So just worry about getting all your ports listed in Hackintool first.

yeah i know i guess its just easier to do laptops them it is to do a desktop 

Just now, jamvybz said:

yeah i know i guess its just easier to do laptops them it is to do a desktop 

My desktop is Kaby Lake so I don't have too many problems (although attaching a secondary monitor causes my system to freeze).

One thing I noticed in your video is you appear to think it's not normal to have missing Framebuffer data. This is normal. You should use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 menu to populate the data. Then you can at least create a patch for your system. Also I'm not sure why defaults are not being set in Patch->General but the following should be set:
- Devices / Properties
- All / Connectors / VRAM
- Auto Detect Changes

20 minutes ago, headkaze said:

You have alot of ACPI errors there. Have you tried deleting all the files in CLOVER/ACPI/patched?

I did it a test now. I have less glitches, but I'm still can't use two monitors.

i cant boot my system normally but if i need the framebuffer-stolenmem when patching it boot but it get a back screen so i need that its working then i use the teamviewer to get on the system then i can see that igpu is working but i got a wrong resolution that im not able to change . so that what i need help with fixing 

12 minutes ago, jamvybz said:

i cant boot my system normally but if i need the framebuffer-stolenmem when patching it boot but it get a back screen so i need that its working then i use the teamviewer to get on the system then i can see that igpu is working but i got a wrong resolution that im not able to change . so that what i need help with fixing 

Make sure you have DVMT pre-alloc set to at least 64 MB in your BIOS.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a wrong resolution that im not able to change"? I have SwitchResX which I find very useful. If for some reason my Hack will not wake up (which will happen occasionally) I connect to it via VNC from another PC and quite often just changing the resolution via SwitchResX will wake my display up.

47 minutes ago, Allan said:

I did it a test now. I have less glitches, but I'm still can't use two monitors.

I have not yet got a secondary display to work on my desktop either. Hot plugging will cause my system to freeze. The "Hotplug Reboot Fix" option in Hackintool does not work for me also. The "Hotplug Reboot Fix" essentially just sets the pipe value of all connectors to 18 (0x12) which apparently fixed this problem for a lot of people. I have a suspicion it is no longer a solution in Mojave.

In the latest version of Hackintool I added support for EDID patching. You might want to give it a try. Also another user suggested to disable AGDP for multiple monitors. For WEG, use "agdpmod=vit9696" as boot argument.

Also I just uploaded v1.7.4 which fixes the defaults not being set correctly.

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

ok only one thing I didn't undertsand: "Plug and unplug a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 device into each USB port on your system"

I have to connect 2.0 in 2.0 and 3.0 in 3.0?

cause if I connect 3.0 in 3.0 I can't see the green color on ioreg or hackintool

5 minutes ago, headkaze said:

You wont until you get to the SSxx ports section (step 7)

ok, so if my 2.0 ports are totally used from mouse and keyboard (I have just 2 usb 2.0 ports and 2 HUB on motherboard) I can just exlude that ports?

(moreover how can I go to step 7 if type-c can't display green color cause are 3.0 drive thta system can't recognize right now?)

Edited by ruglau
add info

2 minutes ago, ruglau said:

ok, so if my 2.0 ports are totally used from mouse and keyboard (I have just 2 usb 2.0 ports and 2 HUB on motherboard) I can just exlude that ports?

USB 3 ports are backwards compatible so they will have both an HSxx and SSxx port associated with it (in which case you should set them both to USB3).