Vector Themes

Slice

455 posts in this topic

Have you tried looking in your firmware menu to see if it matches the current localtime or if its indeed UTC? If its the first you need no offset, also this would make sense as +7 would give you 2125 and -7 would give you 0725, both are in night time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, apianti said:

Have you tried looking in your firmware menu to see if it matches the current localtime or if its indeed UTC? If its the first you need no offset, also this would make sense as +7 would give you 2125 and -7 would give you 0725, both are in night time.

It's never matched,,, at my macOS time is 14.25 but in BIOS it's 19.25. But time in windows and BIOS is same

So that is because you have -5 set which is EST which is eastern US. You must not have correct timezone set in macOS. In windows, it uses localtime unless you change a registry key DWORD:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal=1

Then set the correct timezone for both of your OSes. Then your offset will work for where you are actually located.

EDIT: So either you want -7 because you are in MST in the US/canada or somewhere equivalent in the west, or you want +7 because you are in east asia, specifically indochina region.

Edited by apianti

10 hours ago, apianti said:

So that is because you have -5 set which is EST which is eastern US. You must not have correct timezone set in macOS. In windows, it uses localtime unless you change a registry key DWORD:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal=1

Then set the correct timezone for both of your OSes. Then your offset will work for where you are actually located.

EDIT: So either you want -7 because you are in MST in the US/canada or somewhere equivalent in the west, or you want +7 because you are in east asia, specifically indochina region.

So this is complete my conditions (sorry for bad english)

1. I set add Dword 32Bit at TimeZoneInformation for RealTimeIsUniversal=1 and change my time to 13.47 (automatic set by Windows Time)
2. In config.plist, i add Timezone = +7

Conditions
1. Boot into mac and set time as my local time (automatic set by internet location) 13.57 then reboot and enter bios
2. At my BIOS time is 06.57
3. Boot into mac and my time is 13.57

Reboot into windows, and mac again and windows again and repeat again my time in BIOS always set to 06.57 unless i delete REGISTRY Value about RealTimeIsUniversal then BIOS Time will same like Windows. But it will break again into 06.57 if i reboot from mac. So i need to set RealTimeIsUniversal=1 to make my Windows Time is not same like BIOS Time (06.57)

Clover Time is Night Mode (because BIOS 06.57)

My Questions:
How to prevent BIOS TIME change???

So this is complete my conditions (sorry for bad english)

1. I set add Dword 32Bit at TimeZoneInformation for RealTimeIsUniversal=1 and change my time to 13.47 (automatic set by Windows Time)

2. In config.plist, i add Timezone = +7

Conditions

1. Boot into mac and set time as my local time (automatic set by internet location) 13.57 then reboot and enter bios

2. At my BIOS time is 06.57

3. Boot into mac and my time is 13.57

Reboot into windows, and mac again and windows again and repeat again my time in BIOS always set to 06.57 unless i delete REGISTRY Value about RealTimeIsUniversal then BIOS Time will same like Windows. But it will break again into 06.57 if i reboot from mac. So i need to set RealTimeIsUniversal=1 to make my Windows Time is not same like BIOS Time (06.57)

Clover Time is Night Mode (because BIOS 06.57)

My Questions:

How to prevent BIOS TIME change???

The link I posted earlier stops macOS from adjusting the bios as it switched macOS to local time (bios time) and not UTC.

But it doesn’t matter what time your bios says as long as macOS and windows have correct time it’s fine. And if Themes are dark or light when they aren’t supposed to be then you use the Timezone in GUI section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The link I posted earlier stops macOS from adjusting the bios as it switched macOS to local time (bios time) and not UTC.
But it doesn’t matter what time your bios says as long as macOS and windows have correct time it’s fine. And if Themes are dark or light when they aren’t supposed to be then you use the Timezone in GUI section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said it before, i set Timezone = +7 in my config.plist.

Theme still Night, it's follow BIOS time

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I said it before, i set Timezone = +7 in my config.plist.

Theme still Night, it's follow BIOS time

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Try to set 7 without "+" sign.

48 minutes ago, Slice said:

Try to set 7 without "+" sign.

Nice solution it work,, i tested it

So,
1. In mac my time is 16.13 (day time)
2. BIOS time is 09.13 (day time)

of course both of time is Daytime,, so i can't test the solution so i make change. Replace +7 to 7
1. Change my mac time to 21.00 (night time)
2. When boot my BIOS time is 14.00 (day time)

But, in CLOVER GUI theme is NIGHT,, so change +7 to 7 is the solution :)

Thanks @Slice

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

lol, i was just using +7 to differentiate between -7... but maybe we should change this line https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c#l287 to

return (INTN)AsciiStrDecimalToUintn ((Prop->string[0] == '+') ? (Prop->string + 1) : Prop->string);

Because adding a + sign is a completely valid number still.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 2

Just found a Clover bug with the Clovy theme: my initial selection is this:

screenshot2.thumb.png.ab504964c18caafb793ef5e48fcac4b8.png

Look at the "Boot..." label when I select Windows:

screenshot3.thumb.png.33fd7412b0d25641b1deaad59ac55be3.png

Part of the first letter of the previous label is still visible. Quick test will show such anomalies when switching from shorter to longer label and vice versa.

Not sure if it happens to other vector themes, haven't seen other so far.

The graphics card is Nvidia GTX 650.

Edit: seems like a graphics issue, no such problem with the Intel HD 4000 graphics on my laptop...

Edited by Philip Petev
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

Just found a Clover bug with the Clovy theme: my initial selection is this:

screenshot2.thumb.png.ab504964c18caafb793ef5e48fcac4b8.png

Look at the "Boot..." label when I select Windows:

screenshot3.thumb.png.33fd7412b0d25641b1deaad59ac55be3.png

Part of the first letter of the previous label is still visible. Quick test will show such anomalies when switching from shorter to longer label and vice versa.

Not sure if it happens to other vector themes, haven't seen other so far.

The graphics card is Nvidia GTX 650.

Edit: seems like a graphics issue, no such problem with the Intel HD 4000 graphics on my laptop...

If you edit Clovy > theme.svg

Change .FontSizeMessageRow{font-size:20px;}

To 

.FontSizeMessageRow{font-size:22px;}

It's obviously not the theme, it's Clover and the way it draws the objects, using the NVidia GOP. Another example (BGM_SVG):

screenshot0.thumb.png.2ed0709d48bec019aa295aaae1648045.png

Look the trails when I walk through all the options from the second line. It's like drawing the new text above the old one, without removing it first.

Tried the same theme on Intel HD 4000 and guess what, everything looks normal.

Edit: everything seems fine on the HD 520 graphics on my other laptop. So it seems Clover doesn't play well with the NVidia GOP for some reason.

Edited by Philip Petev

Yes, it’s a bug that needs looking in to. I saw it last week when setting the message row to be a larger size than normal. 

As SavageAUS pointed out, reducing the text size helped overcome this at the time but of course does not fix the bug.

Also, the GUI freezes, when I change the theme from the GUI menu, and I can't do anything, when it does, except to reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

In addition to the above, there is something really wrong with Clover, using this particular NVidia GOP driver. Not sure if this issue happens on other NVidia cards, as I have only this one (GTX 650). 

Edited by Philip Petev
  • Like 1

Oh, you guys, always finding problems with stuff. I personally think it's cool. I like that there are artifacts left behind on the screen, it's like it's adding to the ambiance of the themes. Very cool to have the amazing feature of having to restart to prevent you from choosing to unwisely change your theme, the first one was good enough!

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

I wish to announce my new SVG theme, night look

Снимок экрана 2018-12-27 в 7.32.51.png

It is far from complete and I also see bugs in Clover.

The theme demonstrates such technologies as: vertical layout, font usage, conic gradients, clip-path usage, symbol usage, text as picture and more.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

Also, the GUI freezes, when I change the theme from the GUI menu, and I can't do anything, when it does, except to reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

In addition to the above, there is something really wrong with Clover, using this particular NVidia GOP driver. Not sure if this issue happens on other NVidia cards, as I have only this one (GTX 650). 

Yeah, I got similar issue with vector theme on Nvidia GT 520 Vesa; but on my case is not only freezing in "GUI Tuning" (if vector theme being used) but also when pressing Space Bar on Boot volume then select Return (or Esc) it would frozen immediately. I've restarted my real mach more than 5 times for testing. Wait, I have a same issue on VirtualBox actually; graphics problem still?

Weird is all going fine on 10 inch Netbook with Intel GMA 3150 (Atom CPU, 1024x600 native, Vesa limited to 800x600, Legacy mode, no idea how to debug except running Clover from GPT Ext. USB).

@Philip Petev About font; there's no issue using Clovy has, but only with blackosx's BGM_SVG (which I believe is PTMono: one of Monotype font family).. not sure but on Raster theme previously we could play with CharWidth on theme.plist.. vector theme needs graphics editor or xml edit to change it, I think.

@Slice I see awesome thing when an Entry is selected using Clovy on r4825, it'll look upper on screen. A new feature?

screenshot1.png

debug.log_r4825_gt520.zip

27 minutes ago, Slice said:

It's a bug with drawing sum of Selection+Image. I am already working on it.

Well, a cool bug then.. it reminds me with "Smooth" raster theme honestly.

Spoke too early, I've to correct that no longer getting freeze issue when vector theme switch using VM since r4825 (or could be earlier, more recent than r4822), but just with my Nvidia Vesa on real mach. OK, I just read your other reply here.