271 posts in this topic

Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.

It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.

It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?

Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.

LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.

Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.

Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?

Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.

Some helps:

Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files

From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files

From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW

Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation

User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually

Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?

You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.

You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.

But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.

You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

Pictures from Badruzeus

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Does Vesa mode use Graphics Acceleration?

It is not question for hardware. It is a question for drivers.

We want to have procedures to render vector graphics. SVG will be better. Minimum sources preferable.

3 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

@Slice

My question with SVG introduction on r4560 commit is; what will happen to v2.0 themes (bitmap), will we still use them? Thanks.

For backward compatibility they will be supported.

Some graphics can't be converted to SVG. So new vector themes will be other themes.

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

For backward compatibility they will be supported.

Some graphics can't be converted to SVG. So new vector themes will be other themes.

OK, thanks. So I think we're going to have a new thread for discussing Clover v3 theme..

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

After the first positive result.

Will SVG with embedded PNG (bitmap) supported? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Slice said:

There  is the first success

https://www.applelife.ru/threads/clover.42089/page-819#post-744212

Sorry, I still can't upload pictures here.

Though I think speak too early, but can you give us Vector theme's rsc name? Are they still same as prev. bitmap has: os_mac, os_linux, os_win.. etc? Thanks.

With revision 4586 you can test how Clover can render different SVG files.

Current restrictions:

1. No text. You have to convert text to curves.

2. No embedded png. I can make this when I have a time. There is initial support that requires to define a procedure to treat the data. We have it! b64cdecode and png_decode. Just make a link to use. But PNG is not scalable so I will not recommend to use this feature even if it will work.

3. No gradients. It should be but currently is not working. Will be repaired asap.

4. Crash at too long path.

Is there anybody can propose how to reduce too complex SVG? If a svg file contains PATH with 500 points which is not practical for our purpose then I want to reduce it to 100 points with a little losing quality. How to do this? The bad file attached.

How to test SVG rendering

It is better to use QEMU to not reboot your computer. If you have QEMU.

Place Sample.svg into root or EFI partition with Clover. The name exactly this. Rename a file when needed.

Boot into Clover GUI. Press F8, look, press ESC.

Enter Shell:

$ fs0:

$ ls

$ mv Sample.svg A1.svg

$ mv A2.svg Sample.svg

$ exit

Press F8 and look A2 image....

clover.svg.zip

1 minute ago, blackosx said:

Good work Slice!

I'll try to test this weekend.

I think this clover.svg.zip produces too complex paths bcoz was vectorized from bitmap with gradients.

Where we could get original vector of this Clover logo? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

I think this clover.svg.zip produces too complex paths bcoz was vectorized from bitmap with gradients.

I took it from google "clover svg image".

What software do you recommend to do SVG Themes and text? Please

46 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Inkscape is enough, or illustrator, coreldraw under windows. Use the easiest for you..

Inkscape is enough, or illustrator, coreldraw under windows. Use the easiest for you..

Thanks a lot :)

Posted (edited)

@Slice Cool..!!! But on my case, I lost svg image colors.. it becomes Black/White here. Using Sample.svg with no gradient for sure.. (Legacy Clover, current EFI, no-QEMU.. not sure bzoz of Legacy though). :thumbsup_anim:

screenshot0.png

Sample.svg

Edited by Badruzeus

This is cool but I planned on having SVG only themes in v3 since an SVG document can basically create the entire theme itself, can use percentages and aspect ratio of the screen as measurements instead of pixels to ensure the theme looks the same no matter the resolution. It can contain other SVGs, paths, texts, animations, color gradients, mouse move/click events, action events, etc. Plus it allows javascript...

On 6/29/2018 at 5:09 PM, Matgen84 said:

On 6/29/2018 at 5:58 PM, Badruzeus said:

Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.

LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.

Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough.

Illustrator is good but expensive.

2 hours ago, apianti said:

This is cool but I planned on having SVG only themes in v3 since an SVG document can basically create the entire theme itself, can use percentages and aspect ratio of the screen as measurements instead of pixels to ensure the theme looks the same no matter the resolution. It can contain other SVGs, paths, texts, animations, color gradients, mouse move/click events, action events, etc. Plus it allows javascript...

It is in future. I want to go step by step.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      Clover r4799 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4799 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4799-X64 by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By sonicthehedgehog2
      Apologies for the lack of information (and for posting in the wrong place), but I can't even boot into Clover so screenshots of verbose mode aren't even possible. I've been running the beta of 10.14.2 for sometime (-using this excellent guide 
      ) without any issues. When I tried to apply the new update for 10.14.2, my pc downloaded the update, shutdown but applied some updates then rebooted into a blank screen. I've tried several things since then. Specifically:

* Booting from the installation USB created using the above guide - same blank screen
      * Booting from an external HDD - successful launch of OS. From here I have tried different versions of Clover including the one on my HDD r4644 (all have been unsuccessful). I have also tried different memory management options osxaptiofix (1, 2 & 3)

The only other information I can provide is in the screenshots below (including a brief of my drive configuration)

Please let me know if and how I can get more information to help resolve the issue, or if I have to rebuild from scratch.

Many thanks in advance

• By Teress
      To build a Hackintosh never was easier. If you want cheap Hackintosh and have it quickly and 100% working and without any knowledge how to tweak things, this video is right for you.

• By blackosx
      Clover has many themes, some of which come included with the Clover installer but different themes, sometimes more up to date and better themes, have otherwise been listed in the Clover wiki with a download link to find the files. Not all themes can be included in the Clover installer as their many files make them large in file size and the installer would be unnecessarily bloated.

Because of this, it's been decided (soon) to move all themes from Clover's source repository and instead host them in a new specific theme repository at sourceforge, next to the Clover repository. This will result in a smaller Clover repository allowing for faster check out of the source and downloading of the Clover installer quicker. Clover with still have it's own very simple embedded theme so users installing without a theme will not be left in the dark.

Clover Theme Manager

14th November 2018 - Now at version 0.77.0 (Recent changelog)

If updating from a previous version fails then please download the new version from the bottom of this post.

Please take note. To get themes from the new Clover theme repository you will need to have git installed.
      You can install git either by itself by downloading the installer from http://git-scm.com or you can install the Xcode command line developer tools by loading up Terminal and typing xcode-select --install

It started out as a simple app which displayed a list of themes in the repository and gave you the option to download and install themes to your /EFI/Clover/Themes directories.

It's since grown with the aim of becoming more of a manager app by reading the Clover bootlog to determine what happened last boot and offering a set of options to change the theme for next boot depending on your system.

On launch, the app will attempt to read your boot device and use your boot device. If this device uses an MBR partition then the app will ask for your password so it can run fdisk to match the device. If your boot volume is an EFI system partition and it's currently unmounted then the app will ask for you password to mount it.

What happens if a theme designer updates their theme?
      The theme manager can check for updates to themes and notify you giving you the option to update your installed version.

I no longer want to use a theme.
      You can simply remove installed themes by clicking the UnInstall button.

I have created a theme. How do I add it to the repository?
      Theme designers can have access to add and amend their themes for anyone else to install and try out. Step by step instructions can be found by clicking the 'How to add my theme' foot link in the app.

What does the Clover Theme Manager app install to my system?
      A support directory is used for cloning the necessary repository files for the app to function. You will find that at:
      ~/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager All application data gets saved to:
      ~/Library/Preferences/org.black.CloverThemeManager.plist App runtime files, including a log are written to:
      /tmp/CloverThemeManager  
      Where’s the source code for the app?
      http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes/ci/master/tree/CloverThemeManagerApp/CloverThemeManager/

Credits:
      The app is based on the objective-c macgap (MIT license) with a couple of modifications by me. The web view presented by macgap is where I effectively run a web app which communicates back and forth with a bash script which is initially launched by macgap when it’s loaded.

The Clover git repo has been setup by apianti.
      Thanks to apianti, dmazar, JrCs, SoThOr and Micky1979 for their help.
      Thanks to alexq, arsradu, asusfreak, Badruzeus, chris1111, droplets, eMatoS, kyndder, mnfesq, oswaldini & SavageAUS for testing.

The application has been in development for a few months now and while I think it's pretty stable I can only test on my systems and respond to the feedback of others so there may well be bugs and issues yet to be squashed. If you wish to try out the application then please report any feedback, both positive and negative here.

Note: If you are reporting any problems then please supply a description of the problem, a screenshot and attach a .zip of the /tmp/CloverThemeManager directory (available only while the app is running).

Can I download themes without using the CloverThemeManager app?
      Yes, you can manually manage your own /EFI/Clover/Themes directories yourself as you may currently do.
      Dmazar suggests the following command in Terminal, replacing XXXXXXXX with the name of the theme. So cd to a directory of your choice and run this...
      git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/XXXXXXXX | tar -x Download v0.77.0:
      Clover Repo at sourceforge

• By superdooper71
      Hi all,
      I hope someone can help me as I am struggling with this bloody installation.
      I am running on several problems that I can't face : (

First of all my config:
      Mobo: ASROCK H81M-DGS R2
      CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3 @3.10ghz
      RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz
      SSD: Crucial BX100 120Gb SSD
      Monitor: Hp 27w Hdmi

POST Installation CLOVER

Current Issues:
      • System will not boot (clover boot loader do not shows up) from SSD
         - System boot only with USB stick
      • Screen Resolution is only 1024x768
      • Monitor recognised as 17" instead of 24"
      • Monitor identified as secondary
      • Grafic Card Geforce GT710 shows 0 Mb
      • System info do not match Config.plistin Clover

I attach screenshot of System Info, Kext in Clover, Resolution etc etc.

Please can someonhelp me?

Please can you tell me what is the Clover Parameter to activate when installing Clover  (Clover_v2.4k_r4722) into Boot Disk?

I hope someone can help me out of this little troble: )

Cheers
      Franco

system info.tiff
      kext.tiff
      resolution.tiff
      system.tiff
      config.plist