Vector Themes

Slice

455 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Good point about custom images and I don't know the answer to that. I guess that's not been implemented yet.

Yes, the night/day switching option is default in Clover. If the theme contains images for night then they will be shown when viewing at the appropriate time of day. Are you after an option to disable this day/night switching and say, always show the daytime version? 

I don't test. But there is now  Timezone and daytime strings in config.plist (r4773)

Edited by Matgen84

Good point about custom images and I don't know the answer to that. I guess that's not been implemented yet.

Yes, the night/day switching option is default in Clover. If the theme contains images for night then they will be shown when viewing at the appropriate time of day. Are you after an option to disable this day/night switching and say, always show the daytime version? 

Ok was just curious, thought I saw somewhere that we need to add “Daytime” to embeddedthemetype in config.plist.
Hopefully custom images for custom entries will be implemented soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don't test. But there is now  Timezone and daytime strings in config.plist (r4773)

Ok was just curious, thought I saw somewhere that we need to add “Daytime” to embeddedthemetype in config.plist.

Thanks for the note.

Looking at the code, the EmbeddedThemeType setting is for the embedded theme only. You can set it to Light or Dark, or choose Daytime which will toggle Light or Dark depending on the time of day.

Hopefully custom images for custom entries will be implemented soon.

Yeah. I'll try to take look at what's happening. Though I'm sure Slice will be quicker to provide a solution.

Edited by blackosx

2 hours ago, burkett375 said:

On Clovy - I have a widescreen monitor (3440x1440), but the background is set for 16:9, so I have black bars on the sides.  I have the resolution set in the config.plist and all other themes work with that resolution.  Any way to get rid of the black bars?  Thanks!

This is obviously not right. I would have thought the background could be scaled independently of the icons. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Edited by blackosx

4 hours ago, burkett375 said:

On Clovy - I have a widescreen monitor (3440x1440), but the background is set for 16:9, so I have black bars on the sides.  I have the resolution set in the config.plist and all other themes work with that resolution.  Any way to get rid of the black bars?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, blackosx said:

This is obviously not right. I would have thought the background could be scaled independently of the icons. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Sorry, meant to attach a screenshot, too.

screenshot0.png

Open Clovy/theme.svg with TextEdit and change the line

BackgroundScale="crop"

to

BackgroundScale="scale"

I am not sure if it helps as it is Clover bug not scaling images to such monitors.

3 hours ago, apianti said:

<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
  <key>Timezone</key>
  <integer>-5</integer>
</dict>

Thank you. This worked for me.

South Australia.

What time should vector themes change to "night"?

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.34.35 pm.png

Edited by SavageAUS

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Thank you. This worked for me.

South Australia.

What time should vector themes change to "night"?

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.34.35 pm.png

A vector theme will always be time dependent if *_night images present inside.

If local time is between 8:00 and 20:00 then this is daylight. Else it is night.

7 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Which tool do you use config.plist?

Xcode.app ?

19 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Xcode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clovy themes show normal day and night on the icons of the time of the Boot. I do not have any Timezone .. or in the config.plist. DayTime.

@Slice did it great, only when it could reduce the size of the icons according to the user's monitor.

For my monitor 23.8 ich the best size is 128x128.

Edited by luky35