Vector Themes

Slice

455 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Ah...
Edit the theme.svg file in a text editor and look for a line near the top of the file that defines the background scaling.

BackgroundScale="scale"

If it’s set to scale then change it to crop, or vice versa.

BackgroundScale="scale" is the right parameters for my system. Now I don't understand why I can't see icons completely

Capture d’écran 2019-01-16 à 18.04.15.png

Lol. That’s my carefully crafted icon design so they’re supposed to be like that. I like my MacOS icons to be distinguishable from each other and not all the same.

If you would prefer a simple Apple logo then you can edit the file and change each mac icon (os_moja, os_HighSierra, os_Sierra etc.) to use the default ImageMacOS (I think as I’m not at my computer) image.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blackosx said:

EDIT3: Maybe we could look at some Clover colour cycling for effects?....

Same way we can move or rotate or transform Banner .

The problem is we rendered all images before enter GUI. Except text.

May be we can remake Clover to render SVG images at draw time then we will have dynamic picture.

Here's a revised version of the silver theme I posted the other day but this time is uses simple flat coloured icons on a flat coloured background. Its pink for now, but the user can easily set it to whatever colour they wish.

image1.thumb.jpg.5254899e9d5a7d05ee8862918d05c0a1.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.795d7cc17b94cff5681c1d00eb1a1f2d.jpg

The idea here is the theme colours can be easily changed by the user by editing only the following values near the top of the theme.svg file. Far easier than searching and replacing different elements through the whole file for different settings.

This setting will change the colour of the menu selector.

<clover:theme
  SelectionColor="0xb20068FF"
/>

And these settings css classes can be used to change the other colours.

<style type="text/css">
  <!-- Change overall theme colours with these classes -->
  .FillColourContent{fill:#b20068;}
  .StrokeColourContent{fill:#b20068;}
  .FillColourBackground{fill:#380021;}
  .FontColour{fill:#f7a4d4;}
  .FontColourNight{fill:#f7a4d4;}
  <!-- -->
</style>

- FillColourContent will change colours of banner, badges, menu items and selectors.

- StrokeColourContent is just for Knoppix badge (for now - may need a re-work of this logo).

- FillColourBackground will change the background colour

- FontColour and FontColourNight as self explanatory. 

EDIT: The scroll bar, for now, takes it's colours from the FillColourContent and FontColour classes.

FlatCustom.zip

* This is still a work in progress but its completely useable as it is.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 3

@Slice

New cesium theme has an issue with count down times, it cuts into the volume label. I took the screenshot with the times on the screen but its gone in the screenshot as you can see.

@Slice @blackosx

Also both Clovy and BGM_SVG themes freeze up if i let the countdown timer expire (10 seconds).

If this is just me it's happening too i will post files needed.

screenshot0.png

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. I also experience a freeze with GUI using vector themes @SavageAUS.

I've been pretty busy recently so haven't run proper tests but using BGM_SVG I see freeze when:

- leaving timeout to countdown to zero.

- pressing return to boot selected boot device.

- pressing space and choosing to boot selected boot device from the menu.

I'll try to look in to it soon.

• Like 2

@SavageAUS

The bug with messages on screen was resolved in Clover 4871.

May be the bug with freeze too. You should confirm it with recent clover.

I encounter some freezes that I can't still understand. It looks like vector theme rendering depends on hardware. I already reported that the same picture looks different with Intel and Nvidia cards. It's impossible because drawing performs same way as PNG theme, same procedures. The differencies only on image preparation, pure mathematics. But how mathematics may depends on graphics? I may suggest that float arithmetics run on Intel GPU :shock: if present. If it is true then it can be a reason why vector themes are not working on some hardware. For example, SavageAUS, did you have IGPU enabled in BIOS? What if reverse?

• Like 2

Here, Clover will successfully load and draw both Clovy and BGM_SVG themes and present a working UI.

Testing with Clover r4871.

1 - If Theme entry in config.plist is BGM_SVG then on choosing to boot selected device, the GUI locks up.

2 - If Theme entry in config.plist is Clovy then on choosing to boot selected device, all is good and Mac OS boots.

3 - If Theme entry in config.plist is Clovy then I switch to BGM_SVG in Clover GUI, then on choosing to boot selected device, I sometimes get the GUI freeze, or I have sometimes see Clover successfully close and pass on to the next phase.

screen.jpg.a7360896f22ee2b241d3fd7264ed7b51.jpg

But I get a reboot after that.

Checking debug log, the last line is:

33:973  0:092  Finally: ExternalClock=26MHz BusSpeed=100001kHz CPUFreq=3400MHz PIS: hw.busfrequency=104000000Hz

Spoiler

28:215  0:002  Checking EFI partition Volume 15 for Clover
28:217  0:002  === [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================
28:276  0:059   - found entry 2. 'Boot macOS from HighSierra', Volume 'HighSierra', DevicePath 'PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x1,0x0,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,CE7D0665-EFE8-47C0-83CE-BC89C9C1938C,0x64028,0xDE4A310)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efii'
28:278  0:002  DefaultIndex=2 and MainMenu.EntryCount=14
28:280  0:002  Use anime=<null string> frames=0
33:875  5:595  BootVariable of the entry is empty
33:881  0:005  === [ StartLoader ] =======================================
33:973  0:092  Finally: ExternalClock=26MHz BusSpeed=100001kHz CPUFreq=3400MHz PIS: hw.busfrequency=104000000Hz
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3400032970
0:100  0:000  LegacyRegion2: Chipset/proc: 0x01008086
0:100  0:000   Next Generation Core processors (PAM 0x80-0x86)

Is this behaviour memory related?

Could there be something in BGM_SVG, which is not in Clovy, which uses a different drawing routine which is causing the issue? I may try to remove items from BGM_SVG, one by one, and see if it makes a difference.

• Like 2

:blink:

I see something new on your screen

RegisterData protocol installed successfully

What is it? If 10.13.6 then I also use the system and see no such message.

What drivers do you use in drivers64UEFI folder?

About theme differences I am not sure if it will be very useful to know what picture causes the crash but yes it still looks like a serios bug in rendering engine.

I tested in windows in QEMU with Clover compiled under VS2012. Vector themes have no OS_icons. It may be a bug of VS2012 compilation. Or may be the bug of the render.

• Like 3

I'm not sure exactly what drivers I have in my Clover sub directory. I can check when I get home tonight.

However, that protocol comes from boot.efi

$ strings /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi | grep RestartData
RegisterRestartDataProtocol
Failed to install the RestartData protocol.
RestartData protocol installed successfully.

I guess this triggers the reboot after presenting the screen messages in the photo. 

Would trying to identify what makes boot.efi load that protocol help narrow down the issue, though maybe boot.efi just loads that if 'anything' is wrong so it probably won't help.

2 hours ago, blackosx said:

I'm not sure exactly what drivers I have in my Clover sub directory. I can check when I get home tonight.

However, that protocol comes from boot.efi

$ strings /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi | grep RestartData
RegisterRestartDataProtocol
Failed to install the RestartData protocol.
RestartData protocol installed successfully.

I guess this triggers the reboot after presenting the screen messages in the photo. 

Would trying to identify what makes boot.efi load that protocol help narrow down the issue, though maybe boot.efi just loads that if 'anything' is wrong so it probably won't help.

Usually boot.efi search for external protocols. If it embedded then it can't be failed!

So some efi driver or even UEFI BIOS should provide this protocol. Is it 10.13.6?

• 5 months later...

For the bitmap theme, I can use the "DistanceFromScreenEdgeX%" and "DistanceFromScreenEdgeY%" option for "Anime" in the theme.plist to draw the "wifi selector" in the right position.  

And in bitmap themes, if I open BootCampStyle, the disk label will appear below each volume icon. But in vector theme, it will show the "OS Name" rather than "Volume Name"......

(This is the clover theme I made, which is a bitmap theme. Now I am trying to make a vector version.)

125820gfvp4qvqsgopywo1.thumb.gif.82386277b898b9061bff01949d01ff08.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Banner position in a vector theme is defined by its position in main svg file. It is not upper middle, it is arbitrary. See example in cesium.

:thumbsup_anim:thanks

And about the "disk label" in the "bootcampstyle" mode... is it possible for clover to display "Volume name" instead of "OS name" in vector theme? 

Xnip2019-08-03_00-07-20.thumb.jpg.3013fe3b20e9620288052043695036a7.jpg

Xnip2019-08-03_00-07-32.thumb.jpg.b99e56235781104e794e7b415694e91e.jpg

On 8/2/2019 at 9:26 AM, lihaoyun6 said:

For the bitmap theme, I can use the "DistanceFromScreenEdgeX%" and "DistanceFromScreenEdgeY%" option for "Anime" in the theme.plist to draw the "wifi selector" in the right position.  

And in bitmap themes, if I open BootCampStyle, the disk label will appear below each volume icon. But in vector theme, it will show the "OS Name" rather than "Volume Name"......

(This is the clover theme I made, which is a bitmap theme. Now I am trying to make a vector version.)

125820gfvp4qvqsgopywo1.thumb.gif.82386277b898b9061bff01949d01ff08.gif

Where is this theme available?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

it's been awhile since i started messing with the clover bootloader setting again, and i really like the simplicity and also elegant of the embedded theme. It took me awhile for scanning through clover sources to find out how the Daytime and Timezone were calculated. I am in Central US timezone which is -5 GMT (Bios time). Since i can't enter "-5" into the config.plist, however, Daytime was calculated based on 24hr block, so i figured 24 -5 = 19, and 19 is the correct number for my Timezone setting in Config.plist, hope this will help newbies like me in negative timezone.

Regarding the embedded theme, is there any possible customized setting to it? I am using 4k monitor, and it's kinda small even i already set ScaleUI to 2 in config.plist which is perfect match for my 1st and 2nd Apple Logo loading screen. I know it's not a big deal but i just wonder if i can scale the embedded theme.

Kudos to Clover Dev team for the great work you've done all these years, much appreciated guys!