Vector Themes

Slice

455 posts in this topic

Kinda relevant but kinda not. How can I correct my bios time to local time and stop macOS from changing it so that my themes change colour at the right times.

I ask because if I set my Timezone in GUI to +10.30 (South Australia Daylight Savings time) at 6:30 pm local time I get the dark (night) GUI for BGM_SVG instead of the daylight one. So I must be doing something wrong. If I add +10.30 to my bios time it is correct with local time but after booting into macOS my bios reverts back. So my question is how to make either macOS use local time and not change bios or what Timezone information do I need to add to clover GUI to make it local time.

Found a fix for macOS to bring it inline with other operating systems.

https://github.com/oxycoder/TimeHaxk

With this i can set my bios to local time and macOS uses bios time instead of changing it to UTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SavageAUS

Timezone in Clover should be integer value, sorry! You have to set 10 or 11 and see daylight from 8:30 to 20:30 in local time. 

Thanks Slice, So for my Timezone +10:30 what would I need to add?

I don’t see integer in Xcode or plistedit pro

9 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Thanks Slice, So for my Timezone +10:30 what would I need to add?

I don’t see integer in Xcode or plistedit pro

Снимок экрана 2018-12-22 в 13.25.33.png

but I have to repeat: not 10.30!!!! Set "10".

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Kinda relevant but kinda not. How can I correct my bios time to local time and stop macOS from changing it so that my themes change colour at the right times.

I ask because if I set my Timezone in GUI to +10.30 (South Australia Daylight Savings time) at 6:30 pm local time I get the dark (night) GUI for BGM_SVG instead of the daylight one. So I must be doing something wrong. If I add +10.30 to my bios time it is correct with local time but after booting into macOS my bios reverts back. So my question is how to make either macOS use local time and not change bios or what Timezone information do I need to add to clover GUI to make it local time.

Found a fix for macOS to bring it inline with other operating systems.

https://github.com/oxycoder/TimeHaxk

With this i can set my bios to local time and macOS uses bios time instead of changing it to UTC.

You should have changed Windows to use UTC time as almost every OS does this with hardware time, except windows, and apparently ubuntu (and its derivatives) when windows is present. Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal=1 in registry. Also even if you wanted a half hour offset, that would be 10.5, but it only uses integers, so as slice said, choose 10 or 11.

• Like 1

I have added config screenshot where are visible setting for theme Clovy.

Theme switches from night mode to day mode at 09.00 (GMT+1). Is there a possibility to change this to an earlier time.

Thanks in advance for help.

Clovy.png

Edited by luky35

@Slice

Vector themes are currently drawn differently depending on whether the selection is on top or not.

Clovy theme has:
- bounding box for selection_big set at 144px wide
- bounding box for OSIcons set at 128px wide
- SelectionOnTop="0"

As SelectionOnTop is not set

In ParseSVGIcon()

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4819/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg/VectorGraphics.c#l107

MainEntriesSize is taken from selection_big so ends up being 144px. But, row0TileSize is then also set to the same 144px which results in the following layout, which as Badruzeus pointed out, is not centred.

1_Clover_Proper_Clovy_Proper_BELOW.thumb.jpg.3f040426629963905ea85a760c783bfd.jpg

However, if I change:
SelectionOnTop="1"

In ParseSVGTheme()

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4819/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg/VectorGraphics.c#l406

row0TileSize is set to 144px * scale and MainEntriesSize is set to 128px * scale which results in this layout which is centred.

2_Clover_Proper_Clovy_TOP.thumb.jpg.f002720c911c99d2dca698a3d01cc7c8.jpg

Which is the intended correct result?

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 1

Sure, visually.

But I think what I meant with my question was is it correct that Clovy's selection_big BoundingRect (144px) is larger then the actual selection image (128px)?

940499225_Screenshot2018-12-23at22_44_21.png.c677e6a44ea8c080879969fcdd2af13a.png

This, in turn then sets row0TileSize (as selection is below) to the same size of the BoundingRect which affects the spacing when drawn.

Oh, probably not. I personally think that the design of the vector themes is wrong. It really shouldn't rely on specific sizes since the whole point of the vector themes is to scale appropriately across any display size. It should rely on percentages of how much the screen an item should use, relying on specific sizes is going to cause problems because you'll have to use those sizes for each item. This is the exact issue with raster themes currently. I think there just is not enough understanding that this should be done like a web layout. Even more still a very strange size was selected for the default screen size, one that is not supported by every display... If this was to be done this way, the correct size should have been 1024x768, since it is the only size that needs to be required by the drawing protocols. But like I said, I'm not even going to attempt to do anything with the GUI anymore, it's beyond a mess and SVG support is severely crippled. I am of the belief that just because something exists and is easy to incorporate does not make it the best choice, or even a good choice against writing something the way you need it to behave....

15 hours ago, apianti said:

Change the timezone to a different offset like if you want it to happen at 0500, then choose -3.

I set Timezone yesterday to config.plist at -3.
Now in Slovenia, 07.40 in the morning, even the Clovy theme is not confused, but it still says the night.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, apianti said:

Oh, probably not. I personally think that the design of the vector themes is wrong. It really shouldn't rely on specific sizes since the whole point of the vector themes is to scale appropriately across any display size. It should rely on percentages of how much the screen an item should use, relying on specific sizes is going to cause problems because you'll have to use those sizes for each item. This is the exact issue with raster themes currently. I think there just is not enough understanding that this should be done like a web layout. Even more still a very strange size was selected for the default screen size, one that is not supported by every display... If this was to be done this way, the correct size should have been 1024x768, since it is the only size that needs to be required by the drawing protocols. But like I said, I'm not even going to attempt to do anything with the GUI anymore, it's beyond a mess and SVG support is severely crippled. I am of the belief that just because something exists and is easy to incorporate does not make it the best choice, or even a good choice against writing something the way you need it to behave....

You are totally right, but we have what we have so that's what I've got to play with.

• Like 1

In the case of SelectionOnTop we have no selection-big and so can't use it as row0 entry size.

We can use boundingRect but we have many possible row0 icons. Which one should be used to measure geometry?

May be claim os_mac to be obligatory and use its geometry? Or vol_internal? I am not sure. os-mac can be used for badges so it can have smaller size.

12 hours ago, luky35 said:

I set Timezone yesterday to config.plist at -3.
Now in Slovenia, 07.40 in the morning, even the Clovy theme is not confused, but it still says the night.

Slovenia is not -3, it is +3.

He said that he set it to +1 and it changed at 0900, so he already has firmware hardware time that is same as localtime, I was just giving an example that if he wanted to change it to earlier that he needs to change the offset to subtract from 0800. Now he will get 1100 as daytime since before he said +1 was changing at 0900. He does not need a timezone to get change at 0800.

Because

In ParseSVGIcon()

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4819/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg/VectorGraphics.c#l107

MainEntriesSize is taken from selection_big so ends up being 144px. But, row0TileSize is then also set to the same 144px which is not correct and results in the icons not being centred.  

But Clovy will be centred if SelectionOnTop="1"

BTW. Merry Christmas Slice

Edited by blackosx

Been waiting to say it, you jerks already having Christmas, finally just turned here.... Merry Christmas! lol

27 minutes ago, Slice said:

There is a good idea to provide different themes with different sounds

https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg

Oh my will this be a disaster to maintain, so many audio devices.... But cool.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1