macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202) is out

Wayang-NT

228 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, g0ldr4k3 said:

UPDATED but....extremely big problem...my rx580 now doesn't work with displayport only hdmi....and my monitor needs display port to work properly... somebody has suggestions?

You can use Lilu+WhateverGreen or you need to use InjectATI=ture.

If I use InjectATI=True my DP's work on my RX 580 without WhateverGreen otherwise I get the black screen.

Edited by Cyberdevs

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

You can use Lilu+WhateverGreen or you need to use InjectATI=ture.

If I use InjectATI=True my DP's work on my RX 580 without WhateverGreen otherwise I get the black screen.

No issues here at all using 2x DPs ports on my RX 480 and not using anything, and no injection 

gHASD36.png

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

No issues here at all using 2x DPs ports on my RX 480 and not using anything, and no injection 

I haven't tested the 10.13.4 on my main rig which has an AMD RX 580 but with the last beta I had the issue I posted earlier.

The thing is that with the beta 7 it was detecting my RX 580 as an AMD RX 480 though. I'll perform a clean install and see if it's gonna change my the status of my GPU.

In addition:

I have an Asus ROG Srtix RX 580 and you have a Sapphire RX 480, from the release notes on external GPU support from apple they support Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor but other brands are not included in the update so that might be the reason which my GPU still needs the InjectATI to be fully functional without WEG.

Edited by Cyberdevs

19 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I have an Asus ROG Srtix RX 580 and you have a Sapphire RX 480, from the release notes on external GPU support from apple they support Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor but other brands are not included in the update so that might be the reason which my GPU still needs the InjectATI to be fully functional without WEG.

This should not matter for the initialization but might matter on multi-monitor and identification part. 

7 minutes ago, Pavo said:

This should not matter for the initialization but might matter on multi-monitor and identification part. 

Yup, still the same. no DP but it's detected as RX 580. There is also an artifact in the first boot stage and there are few artifacts on the menu bar which the color is changing to reddish without using  WEG.

As you can see in the picture that has two displays detected there's also the EFI Driver version which is absent in the other one.

With InjectATI.png

Without InjectATI.png

Edited by Cyberdevs

Hello I have Sapphire Nitro + RX 580 4GB and I can confirm that after update to 10.13.4 my 2 DP does not work too, only 2 HDMIs without WG an Lilu and RadeonDeInit deselected. With WG an Lilu with RadeonDeInite deselected my card works fine. I did not tried with inject ATI.

This is with WG an Lilu.

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 0.26.18.png

Thank you all now with InjectATI my DP port is working but....now I have no sound!!! I would like to use sound via DP but....can you help me?

I updated the WG ....and....wait...where are the usb drives???? ok...all usb drives are vanished!!!! so 2 more problems....usb and sound!

Schermata 2018-03-31 alle 06.32.45.png

Schermata 2018-03-31 alle 06.33.44.png

Schermata 2018-03-31 alle 06.50.46.png

Edited by g0ldr4k3

On 30/03/2018 at 5:40 PM, surfinchina said:

Has anyone tried to download the full installer? I'm stuck with the old 19. something Mb file.

You can directly download 6 files from Apple's software catalog and assemble the Installer app yourself, bypassing the App Store altogether...

Essentially, adding the "SharedSupport" files to the small 17.1MB "Install macOS High Sierra.app" (found in BaseSystem.dmg) creates the full Installer.app of 5.22GB (ver 13.4.09).

Can confirm the shasum of BaseSystem.dmg and InstallESD.dmg of the 10.13.4 Installer (in "SharedSupport" folder) are as follows...

fusion71aus-MacBook-Pro:~ fusion71au$ shasum /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg 
2c72b22a45ea8f5a80bee91db8aba96dae8310ea  /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
fusion71aus-MacBook-Pro:~ fusion71au$ shasum /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg 
06fb280713ada5595a45eb221af0091b3c24f314  /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg

Edited by fusion71au

14 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

press cmd+shift+. to make the invisible items visible and the create the folder or rename it

You're right, I think. With 10.13.4, createinstallmedia method doesn't create .IABootfiles folder instead of 10.13.3. Apple did change something??

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Slice said:

Is it true that RX480 and RX580 shared same DeviceID but different revision c7 for 480 and e7 for 580?

Please confirm if you have one of these cards.

Here's the results on my RX 580:

Chipset Model:    Radeon RX 580
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:    x16
  VRAM (Total):    8 GB
  Vendor:    AMD (0x1002)
  Device ID:    0x67df
  Revision ID:    0x00e7

As you can see the Revision id is e7.

And from the post @Pavo posted earlier the revision id on his RX 480 is c7.

Edited by Cyberdevs

16 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@luky35 Press cmd+shift+. to make the invisible items visible and to make the USB disk bootable you need to create the ".IABootFiles" folder in the root of your USB disk and then copy the boot.efi file from /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra/System/Library/CoreServices to the .IABootFiles. 

Credits: @KGP-iMacPro 

fresh installed macOS 10.13.4 with the help of this comment :)

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 1.45.26 PM.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, corint1 said:

hi,

somebody did a clean install 13.4 ?... I obtain only REINSTALL...why ? 

I did, have you deleted the .IAPhysicalMedia from the installer to make the USB disk visible in clover's GUI?

If you did that's why.

Edited by Cyberdevs

17 hours ago, bogdanw said:

Think I found a fix for new bootable media with High Sierra 10.13.4
1. Use the 'createinstallmedia' command in Terminal https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

3. Install Clover
2. Delete .IAPhysicalMedia from Install macOS High Sierra

rm /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia 

The install volume is now visible for Clover

I don't think this method is a valid method, it makes the USB disk visible alright but with removing the .IAPhysicalMedia it will mess the installation process. I tested this method on two systems and the Installer won't show the "Install macOS" option it will show the "Reinstall macOS" instead, and will return the message "The recovery partition can not be contacted"

At first I thought it was only me and then @corint1 confirmed that.

See here:

Spoiler

// Use standard location for boot.efi, unless the file /.IAPhysicalMedia is present

// That file indentifies a 2nd-stage Install Media, so when present, skip standard path to avoid entry duplication

if (!FileExists(Volume->RootDir, L"\\.IAPhysicalMedia")) {

if(EFI_ERROR(GetRootUUID(Volume)) || isFirstRootUUID(Volume)) {

AddLoaderEntry(MACOSX_LOADER_PATH, NULL, L"Mac OS X", Volume, NULL, OSTYPE_OSX, 0);

My guess is if there are more than one macOS installed this method will make the installer to check other Recovery Partitions and then load the installer from that partition and result in an unsuccessful installation. In addition this method might work when there is no other macOS installed.

Can anyone confirm a successful installation with this method? 

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I did, have you deleted the .IAPhysicalMedia from the installer to make the USB disk visible in clover's GUI?

If you did that's why.

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

I don't think this method is a valid method, it makes the USB disk visible alright but with removing the .IAPhysicalMedia it will mess the installation process. I tested this method on two systems and the Installer won't show the "Install macOS" option it will show the "Reinstall macOS" instead, and will return the message "The recovery partition can not be contacted"

At first I thought it was only me and then @corint1 confirmed that.

me too, is not valid solution .. it will show the "Reinstall macOS" ...only this ... I change entire EFI folder, delete all partition on disk, change simbios ... and many other 'things' , but go nowhere ... only REINSTALL

2 minutes ago, corint1 said:

me too, is not valid solution .. it will show the "Reinstall macOS" ...only this ... I change entire EFI folder, delete all partition on disk, change simbios ... and many other 'things' , but go nowhere ... only REINSTALL

try this

from a full 10.13.4 installer I have used this app (alternate method) to build a valid USB 3.0 pen installation disk

Installed with zero problem (I have put on it clover r4411 or latest available official release)

https://www.macos86.it/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2

Edited by Guest
Added a link to a guide to build a USB installation pen

Just now, corint1 said:

I try it ...no ... only reinstall

If you deleted the .IAPhysicalMedia you need to create the installer again don't remove the .IAPhysicalMedia just create the .IABootFiles folder and then copy the boot.efi from the given path. It works on my end.

Or just use the app that @fabiosun posted.

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

If you deleted the .IAPhysicalMedia you need to create the installer again don't remove the .IAPhysicalMedia just create the .IABootFiles folder and then copy the boot.efi from the given path. It works on my end.

I will try ... just lost time  ....:((((((((((

42 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

it is OK !!!.... many thank  ... for you and @fabiosun ...

• Like 1