macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202) is out

Wayang-NT

228 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@apianti: ls -r > listing.txt: redirect won't work on FS1: (USB pen drive) with this message: "unable to redirect file, command error status: invalid parameter"

Sorry

No, sorry, my fault for not being clear enough at first. You can't write to the installer, you need to preface the listing.txt with another FS#:\ that is writable, like your EFI partition. Then it will be in the root of that partition.

EDIT: ls -r > FS#:\listing.txt

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

Hi guys, my HD530 graphics appears two times in system information. If I make uncheck Inject Intel this time I am getting the signal loss when I boot. I am using v1.2.6 InIntelGraphicFixup with ig-platform-id= 0x193B0005. What can I do?

3 minutes ago, lilins said:

@apianti

here

Oh, lol, that was for USB installer, not the upgrade. You should see "/macOS Install Data/boot.efi" path on your OS volume. And that should give you a new installer entry and start the upgrade installer, it appears that the installer fails to properly setup the upgrade before restarting the first time after running the app. Did it ask you to restart or just restart? Sometimes that means you have invalid SMBIOS information or some sort of other misconfiguration. Or the installer was corrupted somehow.

5 minutes ago, telepati said:

Hi guys, my HD530 graphics appears two times in system information. If I make uncheck Inject Intel this time I am getting the signal loss when I boot. I am using v1.2.6 InIntelGraphicFixup with ig-platform-id= 0x193B0005. What can I do?

Looks like it's getting injected twice, which is weird, are you having issues? Not sure what is happening have you tried disabling IntelGraphicsFixup to see if that is causing issues? Lilu+Plugins may need to be updated for some reason, IDK....

it restarted on its own. i have 2 hackintoshes. one that updated smoothly.

this one i tried update from both MAS and Combo update, same result. before first restart, you have a progress bar, then restart, again progress bar, and this message. last update worked like a charm.

what could go wrong with smbios?

Just now, lilins said:

it restarted on its own. i have 2 hackintoshes. one that updated smoothly.

this one i tried update from both MAS and Combo update, same result. before first restart, you have a progress bar, then restart, again progress bar, and this message. last update worked like a charm.

what could go wrong with smbios?

All sorts of stuff. But if it doesn't ask you to restart with a countdown, then it's not finishing the first stage of placing the installation files where they need to be for upgrade. More likely you may just not have gotten proper installer, it was corrupted or something. Unsure.... Only seen this error happen in those three situations. Improperly configured SMBIOS, corrupted installer image, or stub installer used with createinstallmedia.

13 minutes ago, apianti said:

Looks like it's getting injected twice, which is weird, are you having issues? Not sure what is happening have you tried disabling IntelGraphicsFixup to see if that is causing issues? Lilu+Plugins may need to be updated for some reason, IDK....

If I remove IntelGraphicsFixup I am getting gIOScreenLockState 3 panic screen. 

1 hour ago, apianti said:

No, sorry, my fault for not being clear enough at first. You can't write to the installer, you need to preface the listing.txt with another FS#:\ that is writable, like your EFI partition. Then it will be in the root of that partition.

EDIT: ls -r > FS#:\listing.txt

I use command: ls -r > FS1:\listing.txt

Process is stuck more than 25mn. I don't understand why. So I restarted : no listing.txt

Edited by Matgen84

3 hours ago, apianti said:

No actually there are many different revisions for each, lol. Here is a good source, https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/common-src-DeviceInfo/blob/master/DeviceInfoUtils.cpp#L306

Good info. I think we can adopt it into Clover. One more table....

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

I didn’t remove anything, just made the drive using createinstallmedia Command like always, yes I am positive I am using the right partition also but nothing is showing up when trying to list the directory.

If the USB stick is created with createinstallmedia then the driver doesn't contain EFI partition

/dev/disk1 (external, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *8.0 GB     disk1

1:                  Apple_HFS Install macOS High S... 8.0 GB     disk1s1

12 minutes ago, Slice said:

Good info. I think we can adopt it into Clover. One more table....

If the USB stick is created with createinstallmedia then the driver doesn't contain EFI partition

It depends on how the disk was formatted already, stays MBR or GPT, only the partition for the installer is changed.

EDIT: You can also look at WhateverGreen pretty sure it has this entire (or close) table.

Edited by apianti

@apianti before restarting, i launch the combo installer

5abfd6c31c36b_Capturedcran2018-03-3118_05_03.thumb.png.e1186d9bb8f28dddc00435cae3c64cf4.png

5abfd69bdab0e_Capturedcran2018-03-3118_04_59.thumb.png.d042079c4c1053997e28a1d88c8c9066.png

5abfd6e62d7ff_Capturedcran2018-03-3118_06_22.thumb.png.de95ef2c478816f3aca4c9859f82f1e7.png

so after clicking restart i have the "installing update" very quick less than 30 sec

then reboot automatically on macOS Install

then 1 min load and finally error message i posted first

IMG_7536.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

i added you the install log

installlog.txt

Edited by lilins

2 hours ago, Slice said:

EFI Shell is impossible on such drive.

lol, wut? Why wouldn't the EFI shell work? Even if it was booting legacy, it's just another EFI binary - it works. Also he said he had an EFI partition several times...

2 hours ago, WarDoc said:

is something wrong with making a install usb now?

Yes, if you don't pay attention and make it wrong.

2 hours ago, lilins said:

@apianti before restarting, i launch the combo installer

so after clicking restart i have the "installing update" very quick less than 30 sec

then reboot automatically on macOS Install

then 1 min load and finally error message i posted first

i added you the install log

I already knew what was happening, whenever it restarts like that without asking you first it has some sort of issue. It's either your SMBIOS, ACPI, or the installer is corrupted. Your install log is not available to download and your pics aren't viewable either, all broken links.

1 hour ago, lilins said:

And there is the listing from macos install folder

Not needed as it would've have found the installer, that was just for the USB.

34 minutes ago, LuCyr04 said:

Sorry for off-topic.

I want to buy an gtx 560 ti, could anyone confirm that is working in high sierra? also cuda is supported in mac for this gpu?

Doesn't look like High Sierra has drivers that support Fermi cards. So probably not.

Edited by apianti

4 minutes ago, apianti said:

lol, wut? Why wouldn't the EFI shell work? Even if it was booting legacy, it's just another EFI binary - it works. Also he said he had an EFI partition several times...

Yes, if you don't pay attention and make it wrong.

I already knew what was happening, whenever it restarts like that without asking you first it has some sort of issue. It's either your SMBIOS, ACPI, or the installer is corrupted. Your install log is not available to download and your pics aren't viewable either, all broken links.

Not needed as it wouldn't have found the installer, that was just for the USB.

Doesn't look like High Sierra has drivers that support Fermi cards. So probably not.

i made one as i always do without issue i will try again see if it fails 

Just now, WarDoc said:

i made one as i always do without issue i will try again see if it fails 

You misunderstand, if you download the stub installer or a corrupted version, then it won't fail until sometime during installation. So you have to make sure that you actually downloaded the full and complete installer image. Second, because the path being used to start the installer is the same as the regular OS path, it's making an entry for another OS install that is apparently confusing everyone that it doesn't say installer and they are not using it. Sherlocks just added some code to check appropriately but I know that it can definitely be improved, there's too much spaghet. Some one get their hands on all this spaghet!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, apianti said:

You misunderstand, if you download the stub installer or a corrupted version, then it won't fail until sometime during installation. So you have to make sure that you actually downloaded the full and complete installer image. Second, because the path being used to start the installer is the same as the regular OS path, it's making an entry for another OS install that is apparently confusing everyone that it doesn't say installer and they are not using it. Sherlocks just added some code to check appropriately but I know that it can definitely be improved, there's too much spaghet. Some one get their hands on all this spaghet!

i just tried again using my SSD usb 3.0 drive got the full installer and had no issues im using a 1 month old clover also i guess its user error 

1 minute ago, WarDoc said:

i just tried again using my SSD usb 3.0 drive got the full installer and had no issues im using a 1 month old clover also i guess its user error 

Yes, I already knew this, hahahaha. :lol:

39 minutes ago, WarDoc said:
who are teaching these users monkeys or is it corp discord giving bad info yet again 

image.jpg ez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WarDoc