macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202) is out

Wayang-NT

228 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

Installed with zero problem (I have put on it clover r4411 or latest available official release

Hi fabiosun,

did you do any benchmarks already? My x99 update also went without problems, just needed the USB patch. But I have very inconsitent benchmark results, a loss between 10-40% computing power. I went back to my old EFI folder, no change. Booted with same EFI folder in backup system 10.13.3 - all benchmarks are normal again.

So something must have changed in 10.13.4 concerning x99. Any suggestions somebody?

2 minutes ago, Smallersen said:

Hi fabiosun,

did you do any benchmarks already? My x99 update also went without problems, just needed the USB patch. But I have very inconsitent benchmark results, a loss between 10-40% computing power. I went back to my old EFI folder, no change. Booted with same EFI folder in backup system 10.13.3 - all benchmarks are normal again.

So something must have changed in 10.13.4 concerning x99. Any suggestions somebody?

Same performances as before

IF you use performances fix by Oarksit previously, you have to update it

6 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

IF you use performances fix by Oarksit previously, you have to update it

thanks for the very fast answer.

Do you mean okrasit, a KernelToPatch entry? "xcpm performance fix 1 (wrsmr fix to get CPU max) © okrasit/0x199"

Yes, I´m using ist. How to update? I got a complete config set so I dont know the source of this patch.

Edited by Smallersen

5 minutes ago, Smallersen said:

thanks for the very fast answer.

Do you mean okrasit, a KernelToPatch entry? "xcpm performance fix 1 (wrsmr fix to get CPU max) © okrasit/0x199"

Yes, I´m using ist. How to update? I got a complete config set so I dont know the source of this patch.

ok

in KernelToPatch

f
C1E30848 63D389D0 48C1EA20 B9990100 000F3048 FF05C99E 6B004883 C4085B5D C3662E0F 1F840000 000000

r
BB00FF00 004863D3 89D048C1 EA20B999 0100000F 3048FF05 C99E6B00 4883C408 5B5DC390 90909090 909090

Comment

new performance fix (By PMHeart)

Matchos

or attach here your config.plist and I will modify for you

Edited by Guest

Performance should be the same

I have seen in your confg
In my opinion is too much complicated your kernel section
You are using a fakecpuid, I think for your cpu is not necessary anymore (I am not sure about this)

If you want take a look inside my config in this post using only kernel patch I am using and your fakecpuid for haswell and see if your system boots and performance

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=295990

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Is it true that RX480 and RX580 shared same DeviceID but different revision c7 for 480 and e7 for 580?

Please confirm if you have one of these cards.

No actually there are many different revisions for each, lol. Here is a good source, https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/common-src-DeviceInfo/blob/master/DeviceInfoUtils.cpp#L306

Could someone in this thread please provide a directory listing of the USB? With command

sudo ls -A -R /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/ > ~/Desktop/listing.txt

Please give listing.txt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, apianti said:

No actually there are many different revisions for each, lol. Here is a good source, https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/common-src-DeviceInfo/blob/master/DeviceInfoUtils.cpp#L306

Could someone in this thread please provide a directory listing of the USB? With command

Please give listing.txt.

Listing attached @apianti

listing.txt.zip

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Listing attached @apianti

listing.txt.zip

All I see on the disk is the default boot path

/Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra//System/Library/CoreServices:
.disk_label
.disk_label_2x
BridgeVersion.bin
PlatformSupport.plist
SystemVersion.plist
boot.efi

So I see no reason why it wouldn't be detected as an already installed macOS. Unless you have somehow changed the way your entries are scan with custom entries. There is no listing of .IAPhysicalMedia, can you please use the EFI shell and select the installer USB where FS# is the installer filesystem

FS#:
ls -r > listing.txt

Please provide listing.txt from root of USB.

EDIT: This function is written incorrectly... https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.c#l201. There is no need to do if else, if the if returns from the function. Also you kinda need to search through all of the array instead of going through hardcoded indices, which defeats the purpose of using the array in the first place to make it easier to add new installer paths. @chris1111 Your change that you proposed by adding the default path to the installer paths would not have resulted in a valid entry for the installer anyway since you didn't change that part... So you guys sure that it's not providing an entry like an actual install?

Edited by apianti

9 minutes ago, apianti said:

All I see on the disk is the default boot path

.disk_label
.disk_label_2x
BridgeVersion.bin
PlatformSupport.plist
SystemVersion.plist
boot.efi

So I see no reason why it wouldn't be detected as an already installed macOS. Unless you have somehow changed the way your entries are scan with custom entries. There is no listing of .IAPhysicalMedia, can you please use the EFI shell and select the installer USB where FS# is the installer filesystem

FS#:
ls -r > listing.txt

Please provide listing.txt from root of USB.

How to use EFI shell on macOS? Please

personnaly can't update, forever end up on this

IMG_7525.jpg

translation:

macOS can't be installed on your computer

installer resources can't be found

quit install program and restart then try again

Edited by lilins

1 minute ago, lilins said:

personnaly can't update, forever end up on this

This is because you only got the stub installer (that updates the current OS only by downloading the rest of the update during installation) and made a USB from it. You have to download the entire installer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, apianti said:

Please give listing.txt.

Here you go @apianti

listing.txt

@apiantiThanks, but shouldn't the mac os 10.13.4 combo installer from Apple Downloads site contain the whole thing ? And i didn't made any usb drive. appart from the original install of the OS up until now i have always been able to update even directly from MAS

2 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Here you go @apianti

listing.txt

Same here:

.disk_label
.disk_label_2x
BridgeVersion.bin
PlatformSupport.plist
SystemVersion.plist
boot.efi

Need from EFI shell to determine if there are any other boot.efi, like in .IAPhysicalMedia.

EDIT: Can you please remove your previous post as codeboxes seem to suck hardcore on the new site, they are not collapsible and can't be removed from a quote without the entire quote being removed, lol.

Edited by apianti

10 minutes ago, lilins said:

@apiantiThanks, but shouldn't the mac os 10.13.4 combo installer from Apple Downloads site contain the whole thing ? And i didn't made any usb drive. appart from the original install of the OS up until now i have always been able to update even directly from MAS

That message says that

macOS could not be installed on your computer. The Installer resources were not found. Quit the installation program to restart your computer and try again.

So something went wrong....? Do you have any directories beginning with . in your root of your filesystem? Can you provide listing.txt from

sudo ls -A -R /.* > ~/Desktop/listing.txt

Edited by apianti

11 minutes ago, apianti said:

Same here:

.disk_label
.disk_label_2x
BridgeVersion.bin
PlatformSupport.plist
SystemVersion.plist
boot.efi

Need from EFI shell to determine if there are any other boot.efi, like in .IAPhysicalMedia.

EDIT: Can you please remove your previous post as codeboxes seem to suck hardcore on the new site, they are not collapsible and can't be removed from a quote without the entire quote being removed, lol.

Yeah nothing is being listed in EFI Shell for the USB drive. 

Just now, Pavo said:

Yeah nothing is being listed in EFI Shell for the USB drive. 

Did you use the method I suggested? Because it put listing.txt onto the root of the USB if so. Otherwise, that doesn't really make any sense.

2 minutes ago, apianti said:

Did you use the method I suggested? Because it put listing.txt onto the root of the USB if so. Otherwise, that doesn't really make any sense.

Yes, the problem is that when I change into the USB drive and do a ls nothing is being shown.

3 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Yes, the problem is that when I change into the USB drive and do a ls nothing is being shown.

Hmmmmmm.... Nothing? That doesn't make sense. And if you remove .IAPhysicalMedia and then go into EFI shell, does it still provide no listing?

EDIT: Are you sure that you didn't use the EFI partition from the installer USB? And not the actual installer partition?

Edited by apianti

8 minutes ago, apianti said:

Hmmmmmm.... Nothing? That doesn't make sense. And if you remove .IAPhysicalMedia and then go into EFI shell, does it still provide no listing?

EDIT: Are you sure that you didn't use the EFI partition from the installer USB? And not the actual installer partition?

I didn’t remove anything, just made the drive using createinstallmedia Command like always, yes I am positive I am using the right partition also but nothing is showing up when trying to list the directory.

5 minutes ago, Pavo said:

I didn’t remove anything, just made the drive using createinstallmedia Command like always, yes I am positive I am using the right partition also but nothing is showing up when trying to list the directory.

I was asking if you remove .IAPhysicalMedia does it then allow you to see the directory listing? Can you please run this from EFI shell

map -v > map.txt

And provide map.txt first?

EDIT: Oh also I forgot you need to preface the file after the > with a writable filesystem, probably your EFI, with FS#:\ since the installer will not be writable... Sorry forgot about that...

Edited by apianti