[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

673 posts in this topic

Here is a roughly comprehensive summary of the three trials I have tested on Optiplex 755:

Trial 1: From your Sierra guide front page around March of 2018, based on AppleALC 1.0.18 from December 28, 2016:

Audio output worked, but I am unsure if the automatic headphone switching worked. Inputs may have worked, but after the 2018 security updates, the computer kernel panicked at boot, so I am unable to go back and test again easily.

Trial 2: From your High Sierra guide front page around April of 2018, based on AppleALC 1.2.3 from February 9, 2018:

Audio output worked perfectly, and headphones auto switched correctly. Input had one line-in option, which did not work using the front microphone port. This worked fine through at least security update 2018-002 on 10.12.6.

Trial 3: From your post on this thread on July 18, 2018, based on AppleALC 1.3.0 from July 18, 2018:

Audio output worked perfectly with headphones auto switching correctly. The input now had two line-in options, neither of which worked with a microphone. This works fine at least through security update 2018-004 on 10.12.6.

Let me know if you want checksums or plist excerpts. As far as I know, this latest trial is the best so far. I don't know if I tested the input on the first trial, or if it worked. I could always go back and test it on a fresh older installation, if that is really necessary.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm new to hackintosh and I need some help...

My setup:

Dell Optiplex 790

i5 2500 not 2005k

Radeon RX 560 4gb

20gb of RAM

I followed every step from this guide but I cant seem to get to the installation screen.

I boot clover just fine and I get the apple logo and loading bar but I only get to half and then my computer reboots...

I see this installation guide is for the beta versions of high sierra the installer version i have is 10.13.6, is that what could be causing the installation to fail?

Any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, ismaelgonzalez23 said:

Hey guys I'm new to hackintosh and I need some help...

My setup:

Dell Optiplex 790

i5 2500 not 2005k

Radeon RX 560 4gb

20gb of RAM

I followed every step from this guide but I cant seem to get to the installation screen.

I boot clover just fine and I get the apple logo and loading bar but I only get to half and then my computer reboots...

I see this installation guide is for the beta versions of high sierra the installer version i have is 10.13.6, is that what could be causing the installation to fail?

Any suggestions? 

Try 

<key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <true/>

You need also in kext/Other/WhateverGreen.kext

and Lilu.kext

But not sure I think this card need PSU minimum 400 Watt

Edited by chris1111

Guest ricoc90
16 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@ricoc90

This version was about changes in the external inputs.
Can you give a report on the 755?

LineOut works on both, LineIn doesn't but they never seemed to work for me

Hello guys it has been a long time for me but i wanna try to install OSX 10.13 on my mackintosh 990 but when i wanna download OSX 10.13 i can't download the complete DMG i only downloaded a 22mb installer who wants to install on my current Hackintosh HDD. My question is how can i download the latest OSX 10.13 DMG file without damage my current 10.11 system which i use now. 

3 hours ago, pepto said:

Hello guys it has been a long time for me but i wanna try to install OSX 10.13 on my mackintosh 990 but when i wanna download OSX 10.13 i can't download the complete DMG i only downloaded a 22mb installer who wants to install on my current Hackintosh HDD. My question is how can i download the latest OSX 10.13 DMG file without damage my current 10.11 system which i use now. 

Hi pepto nice to see you

You have all of the latest Installer Update with the installinstallmacos.py script

You only hate to open terminal

sudo /path to/installinstallmacos.py

or sudo press space bar and drop the script to the terminal window

follow by ENTER

Edited by chris1111

I have already downloaded high sierra but faces now problems to create the USB installer i have use the tutorial and make the USB with the following command after that is install clover as described but when i wanna boot from the stick their nothing to boot from. 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

On 8/25/2018 at 10:45 AM, pepto said:

I can't see my install disk after installing clover on my usb thumb drive i uses 10.13.6 image for creating the usb installer but without success. What are i am missing

Replace CLOVER Folder by this CLOVER

CLOVER.zip

Edited by chris1111
I Just remove unnecessary pics on misc folder

Ok thanks for the help everything is working again on my optiplex 790, it has been a long time for me to install OSX but after 2 days of struggling it works. Nice to see that the optiplex topic is still alive. Great work to all :thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, chris1111 said:

Hi MacPeet needs new topic for macOS Mojave 10.14 :lol:

For couple of days macOS Mojave is installed on my Main DELL Optiplex 790

everything's work like High Sierra :wink_anim:

Audio AppleALC

Graphics Geforce GT 710

Wifi Atheros 5B193

USB 3.0 

Network Intel 82579LM PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet :IntelMausi

146018824_Capturedcran.thumb.png.2a787cff89d35feb568ab96496963bd0.png

Can you share the Mojave files for the 790 i wanna install Mojave also on my 790.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, pepto said:

Ok I have done the update on my 790 but what about the clover and the apfs refi file ? ì have tried it with the latest clover but no success

Clover and APFS 

You need apfs.efi

send here the complet EFI Folder you have in EFI

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this awesome guide! :)

Sleep and sound seem to be the only things not working. I have AppleALC.kext and injected Audio 11 but still no sound.

Can someone take a look at my attached RunMe (IOreg) files below and let me know what I missed?

Send me iMac.at.net.zip

SPECS:

Dell 780 Mini Tower

Nvidia FX580 Video Card

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 CPU

Edited by bocajoe