[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

673 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90
On 11/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, blxkspell said:

ah great. do I have to use different config.plist or dsdt.aml files?

No, only thing you need to do is make sure you're on the latest Lilu+Plugins (or use -lilubeta)

Hello I have now a GT710 and have reinstalled my 990 but again only 2 USB ports are working the fix I have used doesn't work :( . I Don't know where to look in config.plist or my dsdt.aml. Has someone the DSDT.aml without 5450 patch

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the update of Mojave 10.4.1.

I had a Mojave 10.4 that worked without problems but it was in HFS +. I had trouble installing it in APSF.

Finally by cloning it I can start in APSF (10.4).

After the update 10.4.1, my machine reboot before login (I have two disks). Version 10.4.1 is on an SSD (and now I have a Filevault in preboot, another option in preboot) but no boot.

An idea ? I missed something?
Thank you in advance

Bruno

Do not ask me how, but I was able to reinstall in APFS and update. I just have to use a patch after every install / update.  Dell Optiplex 780-GeForce 310 (Do not laugh :))

Edited by Over

Guest ricoc90
On 11/30/2018 at 1:14 AM, Over said:

Do not ask me how, but I was able to reinstall in APFS and update. I just have to use a patch after every install / update.  Dell Optiplex 780-GeForce 310 (Do not laugh :))

What patch?

On 11/18/2018 at 2:03 PM, blxkspell said:

I have an i7-Core CPU. HW Monitor shows that it runs at about 35* C. I don't hear the fan running. Not unless I put my ear next to the back of the case.

I am using the stock fans. No issues. I use the computer several hrs a day for work, and a few hrs after work. I have had this computer for 3 years. No issues with CPU over-heating or fan noise.

do you have HWMonitor installed by chance? As I see its possible to read the fan speed which shows me that my 120mm fan's frequency is way to high (>1400 in idle). Do you have an idea how to solve my noise problem? 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-04 um 18.07.45 (2).png

Hi! I need help with my Dell Optiplex 780 w/ C2Q Q9550, 8GB DDR3, MSI GT710 2GB. I'm trying to install High Sierra on my unit but I can't find the right config.plist and DSDT.aml for my unit. When I try to boot via my HDD, the screen turns black. I used McPeet's config.plist and DSDT.aml on his earlier post with Archiv.zip. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I fixed it already, I mixed up the files. But I still have a problem. I have no audio via the rear speaker output.

Edited by pararayos
solved with new problem

On 2/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, chris1111 said:

@Macpeet

Thanks for new Guide  ;)

Here my EFI Folder Optiplex 790 for High Sierra 10.13 to 10.13.4

EFI folder containing all the Drivers64, Drivers64UEFI and a stock DSDT. GFX0 is renamed to IGPU No Graphics patch in the DSDT.

The default config.plist is for the Saphire Radeon HD 5570 1 gig (native support)

Sleep and wake works

The 5450 config works on all Radeon HD 5450 1 gig or 2 gig

The GT 1030 config is for the   Zotac Geforce GT 1030 2 gig (Web Drivers) Sleep and wake works

The config 6670 is for the Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1 gig (Native suppoort)

Note: My Optiplex  790 have a ➜ CPU i5 2500k with Injector GPU so all this Graphics card works with the config.plist in the EFI Folder

no kext rollback is need with the i5 2500k

EFI Optiplex 790 (HS-10.13).zip

Did you get HDMI Audio to work for that GT1030?  I recently replaced my 710 for a Gigabyte GT 1030.  Installed the web driver but I no longer have HDMI Audio.  Using your DSDT and config with audio layout-id set to 16.  I've also tried 15.

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

@9000RPM For the GT 1030 Try to used this kext in Clover

HDMIAudio.kext.zip

@chris1111 I will try the HDMIAudio kext you posted here.  I tried @macpeet version posted on page 10 but it didn't work. 

If it's the same, I'll try your EFI folder posted on page 10.

I've tested VoodooHDA and I can get HDMI audio working but I prefer AppleALC over it.

Thanks again.

16 hours ago, pararayos said:

Hi! I need help with my Dell Optiplex 780 w/ C2Q Q9550, 8GB DDR3, MSI GT710 2GB. I'm trying to install High Sierra on my unit but I can't find the right config.plist and DSDT.aml for my unit. When I try to boot via my HDD, the screen turns black. I used McPeet's config.plist and DSDT.aml on his earlier post with Archiv.zip. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I fixed it already, I mixed up the files. But I still have a problem. I have no audio via the rear speaker output.

try this for Audio:

On 12/7/2018 at 10:17 PM, chris1111 said:

don't forgot to used apfs.efi in clover/efi/drivers64

apfs.efi

Ok. I had it inside drivers64UEFI. It worked when I created the drivers64 folder. Thanks!

I fixed audio with latest AppleALC and Lilu from GitHub.

Edited by pararayos
Added info.

Can somebody please explain how im supposed to update from osx 10.14 to 10.14.1/2 ?

Everytime i start the update it just reboots without actually upgrading, im literally booting into 10.14 again...

Do I have to do something special before I start the update?

Hi, 

I've bought a Optiplex 990, Snow Leopard DVD and Nvidia GT220.
I've created the USB-Drive with High sierra.

Now I stuck on Step 3. 
I have no clue, what the meaning of that stuff on Step 3 is. Can anybody explain, what exactly to do there? 
Where do I get clover, how do I install it?

Ok, I've figured out, that clover is the Bootloader-Application which can be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
Then got to download, and open the pgk (ignore each warning). After that, Click:

Continue ⇒ Continue ⇒ Change Install Location... and make sure to choose the right location (not your Main-Device, but "Install mac OS High Sierra" [was it for me]).
Then click "Install" and after that [in same Screen] click Customize. There you found the Settings which are described in Step 3 (here in the thread on first Posting).

After you set all things up, press install.

@MacPeet: Maybe, add these above described steps for other newcomer like me to your description. This clearify what to do, if you never has any experiences with mac OS, clover and other Stuff before (like me). BTW: Big Thank you, for your howto.  

Since 3 Days I tried many hours to get the installation to work. Read all I got in the forum, and try many things, but don't get HighSierra installed at my device.

My Hardware: 
Optiplex 990 i5-2500k

Bios A24

NVidia GT 220
Samsung EVO 850 SSD

The Issue:

I run the High-Sierra installer and first I recreate the partition (tried both APFS and MAC OS Extended (Journaled).

But even if I close the Partition-Tool, start the Installer and open the Install-Log (before I click on the first Install-Stelp), I see some messages like: 
    iMac osinstallersetupd[587]: Target is not convertible to APFS: This Volume is not Mac OS Extended (Journald)

If I format the Disk as APFS, the next Line is: 
    isConvertableToAPFS: was called on a APFS disk.

Then some lines later I see:

Warning: Couldn't find boardID, chipID, & ECID in new namespace, falling back

Then I run the Installer ("Next-Step Button) and run the install-process. Here is a Video, what's the output of the log is. https://youtu.be/AG4kwTlemvg
And after short time, the PC reboots.

At the next reboot, cloverscreen have 3 entries. My USB-Installer, and two APFS- One is named Install Prebooter from Preboot, the other Install from HighSierra.

If I start the Install from HighSierra, I get a message, macOS could not be installed at your computer

If I open the log, there are errors like Couldn't mount diskimage, and Failed to open installer document

And here is a screenshot of my Folder-Structure of the Installer-Stick.

image.thumb.png.a68b66dfe2529d0ba307072d6c734979.png

Because I thought, the SSD might be the cause of the error, I even try an hdd. But got the same error.

I hope, anybody can help me. It's my first try to get a hackintosh to run, and I thought I had wisely choosed my Harddware. But I'm at the end. Have no clue what else I could try. 

Edited by socam77