[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

673 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, MacPeet said:

Optiplex780 / 760:
LayoutID 11 or LayoutID 13
The codec in AppleALC is broken for 780/760 since 10.13.4. Rollback AppleHDA from 10.13.3 is necessary.

Thanks MacPeet!

I got impatient and pulled the Nvidia card and did a fresh install with a Sapphire AMD 5450 I had since there's plenty of info on it here and your provided DSDT and config.plist seems to be close to my setup: Sapphire AMD 5450 1GB and Intel Core 2 Quad CPU... mine is a Q9400.

Most everything is working but unfortunately sleep wakes the computer but not the monitor and sound only works through HDMI not the green speaker output in the back. 

Anyways, can someone take a look at my attached IOreg/RunME files below? I'm close, but can't seem to get it yet. :cry:

Send me iMac.at.net.zip

Optiplex 780 Mini Tower

Q9400 Core 2 Quad CPU

Sapphire AMD 5450 Video Card 1GB

Edited by bocajoe

23 hours ago, MacPeet said:

This version is currently working with Mojave and Optiplex780 ...
(Clover / kexts / other) (layoutID 11 or 13)

AppleALC_Lilu.zip

only with rollback AppleHDA10.13.3:
(Install with KextUtility2.6.6 or EasyKextPro)

AppleHDA.kext.zip

WOW that worked! Sound works and never sounded so good... thanks MacPeet!

Only problem is sleep. The computer wakes from sleep but not the monitor and I have to reboot. I am using the DSDT from POST #1 for Core2Quad & 5450

Send me iMac.at.net.zip

Optiplex 780 Mini Tower (latest A15 BiIOS)

Q9400 Core 2 Quad CPU

Sapphire AMD 5450 Video Card 1GB

Edited by bocajoe

On 9/7/2018 at 5:33 PM, chris1111 said:

try to ad this Driver in drivers64 

HFSPlus-64.efi.zip

Hello again I managed to boot from the Mojave usb stick but in the install screen nothing reacts the mouse and keyboard do nothing I think it has to do with the USB ports of my 790. I use a usbinjector kext file in dir other but no luck even without it it doesn't work. I do not use a dsdt file on the stick. What could it be

Edited by pepto

4 hours ago, pepto said:

Hello again I managed to boot from the Mojave usb stick but in the install screen nothing reacts the mouse and keyboard do nothing I think it has to do with the USB ports of my 790. I use a usbinjector kext file in dir other but no luck even without it it doesn't work. I do not use a dsdt file on the stick. What could it be

use the config.plist I gave you earlier for High Sierra

On 9/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, pepto said:

I have tried it but no luck strange could you provide me the right settings for install clover wich options must I use.

Have it work now 1 USB port in the front doesn't  react with the installer when I boot with high Sierra than the USB port works very strange. Now waiting for the official release.

Edited by pepto

Here's how I solved this problem in macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A389) for NVIDIA card Fix Quick Look + Preview open JPG and JPEG file

I created a SMBIOS mac PRO 5.1 :D

ALL is back to normal  for my NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 :wink_anim:

1408669803_Capturedcranle2018-09-2316_40_12.png.73f6486d2362fc48d9638e0fa94a175e.png

EDIT **** 

But  booting with Mac Pro 5.1 create Install Media Install macOS Mojave not working on the installer :rofl:

one problem solved and another coming :angel: I am pretty sure Updating macOS Mojave with a MacPro 5.1, update is failed

I Update tonight release macOS Mojave with a iMac 14.2 

1247526793_Capturedcranle2018-09-2422_21_17.png.90285ce0c39faffd425561678b0e42b3.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 1:55 AM, MacPeet said:

@pepto
try this:
Change to USBInjectAll.kext instead of USB_Injector.kext

I have Mojave installed but have the video card hd5450 not working at the moment, has somebody the HD5450 working on Mojave.

Also problems with USB ports on the back I am using the USBInjectAll.kext but only 3 ports in the front is working at the moment.

--USB is working now on all ports I have insert in my config.plist the following found on internet:

1. Open config.plist with clover configurator
  2. Select Kernel and Kext Patches
  3. Select the "+" at the button and input:
  • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [Hex]:83FB0F0F 83030500 00
  • Replace* [Hex]: 83Fb0F90 90909090 90
  • Comment: USB 10.14 Patch]
  1. Save config.plist

Edited by pepto
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, 

If I understand correctly, upgrading from 10.13.6 to 10.14 is not very different compared to an ordinary High Sierra 10.13.x update, right? My configuration is more or less the same as MacPeet's (Dell Optiplex 780: Q9550@2,83GHz, 16GB DDR, GT710 2GB 42", SSD, currently running 10.13.6). From what I understand after reading the latest posts, all I need to do is update with the latest clover, replace the kexts and the DSDT with the files from MacPeet's post from the previous page, and then perform the update. As my processor is Q9550 I shouldn't be needing a telemetry patch. Am I missing something?

Also, with the above graphics card (GT710), should I expect any problems with sleep or waking from sleep?

Thank you in advance!

@pepto

ok, XHCI is USB3
nice that USB goes now

HD5450 Mojave: No, No and No, currently no solution.
All HD5xxx and HD6xxx do not work with Mojave.
I changed to MSI GT710 2GB. Works OOB with HS and Mojave.

The GT710 can Metal (native without InjectNvidia and without WebDriver), the HD5450 can not Metal.

Edited by MacPeet
  • Like 1

@ernani

Please try Mojave on an empty HDD or SSD!
SMBIOS iMac13,1 is native to Mojave
Clover version must be new enough for Mojave.
Kext's to Clover / kexts / other
and try this

Danger:
After the installation and before the first start into the new system you need the telemetry patch from HS !!!
Q9550 can only SSE4.1
For Mojave SSE4.2 is needed. This is only available from Intel i3 1.Gen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@ernani

Please try Mojave on an empty HDD or SSD!
SMBIOS iMac13,1 is native to Mojave
Clover version must be new enough for Mojave.
Kext's to Clover / kexts / other
and try this

Danger:
After the installation and before the first start into the new system you need the telemetry patch from HS !!!
Q9550 can only SSE4.1
For Mojave SSE4.2 is needed. This is only available from Intel i3 1.Gen.

Thanks. But to be honest, I can't understand how I can copy the old com.apple.telemetry.plugin before the first boot into the system. Let's say I backup my existing High Sierra system with CCC, and to be on the safe side work on the back up, running the installer there (after I have replaced the necessary kexts and DSDT.aml in the EFI partition). The system will boot into the installer, reboot a couple of times (again into the installer) and then it will show the login screen. Do you mean at this stage, after the first login and right before the first reboot I should replace the above plugin?

Also can you please verify that sleep and waking from sleep works?

And finally, you mention we need to apply the telemetry patch after every Mojave update. So, again, right after the first login, when each 10.14.x update finishes we perform the copy, and then we will be allowed to reboot?

Thanks a lot!

I have a dell 760 and was running 10.13.6 without issue. I have updated to 10.14 and cannot get the audio to work. I have tried the Apple HDA rollback with the lilu.kext and applealc.kext from the dell 780 and this does not work. Any Suggestions??

Edit: The latest applealc & Lilu kext releases from github fixed the audio.

Edited by Deanor30

@Deanor30

Audio 760 and 780 are the same.

Mojave audio solution: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332512-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/?do=findComment&comment=2635410

@chris1111

My Optiplex780 with GT710 and unsupported SMBIOS iMac10,1 (-no_compat_check) had no problems with preview jpg since 10.14 DP1-11 and 10.14.1 DP1. Everything works without problems here.

Edited by MacPeet
  • Like 1

Hi Folks,

I am just testing mojave on a Dell 755 with a GT610 card. I have seen a few forums on here that say the GT610 works in Mojave but with no instruction on how it works except other than deploying a NVDAResman.kext to S/L/E and while this works to an extent with mojave detecting the correct card and no lag , mojave does not detect the name of the monitor connected and only has a resolution of 1024x768. Also the screen has a black border around the edge. Has anyone here gotten the GT610 to work correctly and if so how was this achieved.

IMG_0390.JPG

On 9/27/2018 at 10:47 AM, Deanor30 said:

Hi Folks,

I am just testing mojave on a Dell 755 with a GT610 card. I have seen a few forums on here that say the GT610 works in Mojave but with no instruction on how it works except other than deploying a NVDAResman.kext to S/L/E and while this works to an extent with mojave detecting the correct card and no lag , mojave does not detect the name of the monitor connected and only has a resolution of 1024x768. Also the screen has a black border around the edge. Has anyone here gotten the GT610 to work correctly and if so how was this achieved.

You can try this

let me know if its work better

Edited by chris1111

11 hours ago, chris1111 said:

You can try this

let me know if its work better

Old NVIDIA macOS Mojave-v1.zip

Hi Chris, 

I have tried the installer but has not worked. It changes the resolution to 1920 x 1080 but it still has a black border around the edge of the display and the display type is not detected. I have tested the pc on multiple screens. 

Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 14.06.26.png

14 minutes ago, Deanor30 said:

Hi Chris, 

I have tried the installer but has not worked. It changes the resolution to 1920 x 1080 but it still has a black border around the edge of the display and the display type is not detected. I have tested the pc on multiple screens. 

OK BUT Works good on Gigabyte 210 and Asus 210

Optiplex 790 CPU i5 2500

Audio Working with VoodooHDA 2.9.0 classic Mode

https://youtu.be/ghzucS1DH18

Edited by chris1111

25 minutes ago, Arsalan.ghaffar said:

so any 512 mb, or 1gb alternate cheap card to work with Mojave ???

Gigabyte Geforce 710 2 gig OOB

Gigabyte Geforce 210 1 gig (patch old kext)

Asus Geforce 210 1 gig  (patch old kext)

GeForce 405 OEM 1 gig  (patch old kext)