Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

well, the IDE-ata jmicron controller works out of the box. why doesn´t the s-ata, especially the eSATA (rear panel), also work?

To my bootproblem: I will try to modify the partition method offered by sytem tools. I´ve partitioned my hd with a MBR an i think the darwin bootloader doesn´t like this.

Does anybody have an idea why the timesettings are so comlpicated to manage with osx? after i use osx, my timesettings in windows/bios are completley wrong..

apooo

I am happy to report that I have successfully updated my kernal to 8.9.1 using a drag and drop technique as I am not knowledgeable of terminal. I also fixed file sharing using the mpip103_10.4.9 fix that came with the jas 10.4.9 update. I do believe I have a perfect hackintosh. Except my ram says '0' in the speed dept. of system profiler, which is a minor cosmetic imperfection. Thank you emig for the help.

post-97746-1179393434_thumb.jpg

post-97746-1179393443_thumb.jpg

Does anybody have an idea why the timesettings are so comlpicated to manage with osx? after i use osx, my timesettings in windows/bios are completley wrong..

Yah I didn't like this part either. Further research led me to find out that since OS X wasn't built for BIOS machines it handles the clock differently. It basically sets an offset in os x from the original bios clock to have the correct time. Windows handles it differently, and since os x always changes it windows won't ever be right. Just use Atomic Clock on windows to fix your problem. Have it ping the server on start up to reset the clock. Better and faster than windows built in stuff anyways.

There seems to be a workaround for the time-problem´:

http://mckill.ca/?p=17

Apple recently released the 8.9.1 kernel sources (finally) so that means no more binary hacks with the official 8.9.1 kernel (the one used in 10.4.9). with the source out, netkas has released a new kernel with built-in r3d3 and a bunch of fixes for hackintoshes.

as usual you can get the kernel on irc server chat.osx86.hu and channel #1049 (note, chat.osx86.hu was recently hacked and is down now). you can also get the kernel from here. ( http://www.mckill.ca/mach_kernel-1049.zip )

dont forget to change the permissions and keep a backup of your old kernel too in case of any problems.

for any other kernel news from netkas, go here at his blog. (http://netkas.freeflux.net/)

But how do I install / update the kernel???

well, the IDE-ata jmicron controller works out of the box. why doesn´t the s-ata, especially the eSATA (rear panel), also work?

To my bootproblem: I will try to modify the partition method offered by sytem tools. I´ve partitioned my hd with a MBR an i think the darwin bootloader doesn´t like this.

apooo

Really? I can't get the jmicron to work reliably. I can get ide and sata drives to mount but I get random kernal panics so I have to disable it.

There seems to be a workaround for the time-problem´:

http://mckill.ca/?p=17

Apple recently released the 8.9.1 kernel sources (finally) so that means no more binary hacks with the official 8.9.1 kernel (the one used in 10.4.9). with the source out, netkas has released a new kernel with built-in r3d3 and a bunch of fixes for hackintoshes.

as usual you can get the kernel on irc server chat.osx86.hu and channel #1049 (note, chat.osx86.hu was recently hacked and is down now). you can also get the kernel from here. ( http://www.mckill.ca/mach_kernel-1049.zip )

dont forget to change the permissions and keep a backup of your old kernel too in case of any problems.

for any other kernel news from netkas, go here at his blog. (http://netkas.freeflux.net/)

But how do I install / update the kernel???

if you read one of my earlier articles, it will explain how to upgrade a kernel (10.4.8 at the time of the original one).

Does anyone know how to make an exact copy of my OSX86 drive? I would like to have one as a backup with all of my changed kexts. I have tried CCC and SuperDuper, but I can't get them to boot. Thanks in advance!

Except my ram says '0' in the speed dept. of system profiler, which is a minor cosmetic imperfection. Thank you emig for the help.

I have successfully installed 10.4.9 and 8.9.1 and my machine geekbeches at @159. Like onemanstrash, I also have the problem of my ram speed reporting as 0. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does it matter?

I have successfully installed 10.4.9 and 8.9.1 and my machine geekbeches at @159. Like onemanstrash, I also have the problem of my ram speed reporting as 0. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does it matter?

Did you use Uphuk 10.4.9 MAC OSX DVD 1.2 or just use JAS 10.4.8?

Uphuk 10.4.9 MAC OSX DVD 1.2 >>> http://x86.wowdns.com

As people are posting their 10.4.9 update results with the P5W DH here, here's my FYI:

I used JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3, decided to pass on the 10.4.4 login patch (not sure what it's for), but when I tried to install MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX got a kernel panic and the system was rebooted by reset.

Back in OSX , I ran the MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX and it took. Rebooted. FSB was wrong. Installed the latest netkas kernel. FSB is right and everything is operational. No additional patches necessary. 10.4.9, kernel 8.9.1.

Hey!

I hope someone can help me:

My Specs: P5W DH Deluxe with a Core2Duo e6400 and a 250gb seagate SATA harddisk, NV 8800 GTS 320mb!

I installed the 10.4.8 without problems.

But the systems stops on starting up at the point:

Failed to load extension com.apple.iokit.IOATABlockStorage

Still waiting for root device!

I tried to change the IDE Settings at the BIOS to IDE as STD / not achi ... and other settings but nothing works!

There are many other Failures like "Failed to load extension ..." on booting!

Do I have to activate the partition or something?

Please Help me!!!

Greetings

Andi

Hey!

I hope someone can help me:

My Specs: P5W DH Deluxe with a Core2Duo e6400 and a 250gb seagate SATA harddisk, NV 8800 GTS 320mb!

I installed the 10.4.8 without problems.

But the systems stops on starting up at the point:

Failed to load extension com.apple.iokit.IOATABlockStorage

Still waiting for root device!

I tried to change the IDE Settings at the BIOS to IDE as STD / not achi ... and other settings but nothing works!

There are many other Failures like "Failed to load extension ..." on booting!

Do I have to activate the partition or something?

Please Help me!!!

Greetings

Andi

You may never find the right video drivers either. Not sure what IOATABlockStorage does... sounds important though...

I tried hatchery and I could not boot up from my copy on a separate hard drive, I just get a black screen and a blinking white cursor. I also tried to to use super duper and restore my copy using disk utility on my install dvd- no go.

Has anyone successfully booted from a copy of their hacks start up disk?

I'm having the same problem.

Maybe Hatchery H1 does the job ?

I tried hatchery and I could not boot up from my copy on a separate hard drive, I just get a black screen and a blinking white cursor. I also tried to to use super duper and restore my copy using disk utility on my install dvd- no go.

Has anyone successfully booted from a copy of their hacks start up disk?

Follow the instructions here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...22&hl=clone

get the following from here and install it, up to you to fix permissions after you've installed them:

http://rakis.net/~justin/p5w-dh

for audio, get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip, unzip and put the kext in your /System/Library/Extentions/ (remove old one first and remove/backup AppleHDA.kext

for network get IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip, unzip and put the kext in your /System/Library/Extentions/ (remove old one first)

fix permissions :

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extentions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extentions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extentions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extentions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

cleanup kext caches :

sudo rm /System/Libary/Extensions.kextcache

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

then unzip IOUSBFamily-261.4.2_Intel.pkg.zip and install the package.

reboot and everything should be working (audio, both ethernet ports, USB).

I see that in this URL has a bootlogo image for MotherBoard, but i don't find the way to change it, anyone has been able to change it? Thanks

RE: custom boot logo

There's an Asus utility to copy your boot logo, i believe it's Asus Update. You'll have to run it in windows. It asks for the rom, then the pic you want inserted in to it. Then you flash it with the rom.

I dont think I was able to find the program on their website, but it's definitely on the driver cd somewhere.

Thanks emig, your tutorial did the trick. I now have a perfect, bootable copy of my original osx86 boot drive. I formatted off of the install disk and then used the ramjet console fix ,(option :rolleyes:. I now can mess around with my osx86 drives with complete confidence knowing I can always revert to a perfect copy.

My next project is going to be using the uphuck 10.4.9 to try and fix the '0' value for the ram speed in the system profiler.

Hey guys,

If you're afraid of the terminal and want a complete GUI way to clone your drive and boot from it, I just wrote a tutorial for whoever.

Clone OSx86 and boot from it

Napalm,

that program makes the bios rom, you still need to flash your motherboard. I'm pretty sure one of the Asus utilities will do it in windows, but I always boot in to dos and do it from there. For instructions I would check Asus's website, where you downloaded the bios update from.

Yes Mr.Sticky that already I solved it, as I indicated in previous post, thanks. ;)

Now I have another problem, and is with the palette of colors of the image. When start the PC I see that many tones of grays change by white, black or by other clearer or darker grays. How i can fix this? What palett of color i can to use?

I have tried to use adaptive palette and palette of Windows, in both I have the same problem.

Did you use Uphuk 10.4.9 MAC OSX DVD 1.2 or just use JAS 10.4.8?

Uphuk 10.4.9 MAC OSX DVD 1.2 >>> http://x86.wowdns.com

Is uphuk 1.2 (or 1.3, but I'm not sure if it has already been released) a good installation image ?

Even better ? Or at least as good as the JaS one ?

As I am using a P5W-DH, would you recommend it to me ?