Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

I apologize if it's not terribly obvious.

I followed the kernel update steps and I seem to have gotten it from JaS 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 but I have no Ethernet and audio afterwards. Do I have to redo the ALC882_AppleHDA, IONetworkingFamily kexts again? How about the IOUSBFamily-261.4.2 package?

Hi guys,

I have installed MAC OS X using Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso image. While booting I have this error Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI". ^_^ Anyone knows what this means?

My Configuration:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

Video: ASUS 7600GT

HDD: WD 250 Gb Sata

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6320

I have tryed to disable ACPI in BIOS (in Power section), but no luck, message is still appears and MAC OS is't booting. Mac OS is't booting. :( Also I have tryed this one - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...r+this+platform

Maybe there are some additional BIOS parameter I should to change?

Problem is solved. I forgot to select Intel SSE2/SSE3 during instalation. :) All is working perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my p5w dh deluxe today with a quad core and 2 gigs of ram. I also have a couple of raptor drives. A few things I'd love to have someone update me on tomorrow to make things go smooth when I do the install.

1. does the raid actually work with performance gains or is it just JOBD?

2. Can someone please bring this thread up to date with a single post saying what all needs patching and where to get it?

3. any special options i need to choose on the install?

btw... i'll be installing 10.4.9 uphuck.

Thanks!

I am using two Seagate 7200.9 160GB in a RAID0, so that is where the extra speed is coming from. Setting the BIOS to no raid, but jumpering the MB makes the two orange sata ports appear as a single sata disk to any OS.

Yes... makes it appear as a single sata disk.. but is it actually striping the data?