Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

I don't know what my rush is. Come to think of it, I may just get the 7900GS. I currently have an X1950Pro, and there is no way that is working in OS X. Time to send it back to Newegg...

Finally REALTEK released a driver for RTL8187 wireless card for 10.4.x

It reconizes my card now in System Preferences but I'm not able to open the Realtek Utility (bounces in dock only)

But maybe this is a start of wireless activity with this mobo under OSX :2cents:

No one mentioned wifi lately so I figured I'd update. Asus P5W DH DLX onboard wifi is 100% working for me. Just did a clean install with JaS 10.4.8 with only NvidaNV40 kext installed. I have no sound or nic yet but that is a damn relief for me to have wifi since I can't do the cable thing for now.

Got the driver off www.realtek.com.tw/downloads if anyone cares to check it out.

BTW system specs:

Conroe6600, Asus P5W DH DLX, 2X 150GB 10,000RPM Raptors, 1X 74GB 10,000RPM Raptor,

2GB Patriot DDR2800(6400), Nvidia 7800GT 256MB, Memorex 16X DVD-/+ R DL.

hmm i got wifi driver and bin fooling around with it but just cant seem to connect to my wpa network. what settings are you using?

I'm using a Linksys wireless router. I have it as "Open" in Network Authentication and "WEP" (64 bit) Data Encryption. Prior to setting up the Realtek WLAN Util, I went into Sys Prefs -> Network, selected the wifi card without any ip settings entered and clicked on apply to enable the card itself.

In the Realtek WLAN Util box just go to add profile with your SSID name, select whether the Network Authentication is Shared-Key or Open, 64 bit or 128 bit encryption. If you have your setup like me all I did was enter the SSID name, checked on "Open" for authentication and WEP for encryption, check the ASCII box and enter the passphrase or whatever it is and click on apply.

Hope this helps.

Ha ha! I got my system running at 2.33GHZ and its very stable! I was having some issues with OS X and it was like it was on crack or something. Then I adjusted the FSB and its fine. Anyone know what would be some good settings in the bios to OC it higher? I'm looking for around 2.66 or something. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know how to eject the second DVD drive? I push F12 and it ejects my first drive. Thanks!

NVM, I just played with some of the settings and my computer wouldn't turn on. I had to reset the BIOS. It is still running solid at 2.33 though and I'm happy with it.

anybody have any idea what could cause my machine to not boot when SATA is set to AHCI? (still waiting for root device). It's weird because it worked initially, and then at some point just stopped. Then, the other day while i was messing with it, it worked again for one boot. On subsequent restarts it was back to "still waiting for root device". Enhanced-IDE mode works perfectly every time, but i'd still like to know what is going on.

what are the files that are responsible for booting in AHCI? I have AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext, is that it?

the last time when i was able to boot in AHCI, i checked the system profiler and it was correctly identified as ICH7-M AHCI .

Hello everyone,

First post :thumbsup_anim:

Never worked with a Mac before but I'm fed up with all the WinDoze {censored} I decided to test drive it. I have it installed in Vmware WS 6 but no NIC and no proper videodrivers, vmware 5 drivers don't seem to work, I dunno.

I tried installing it on an empty HD yesterday but I'm getting crashdumps etc. I can't seem to find any info on wether or not I need to enable memory remap feature. I have 4GB so not enabling this I will loose 800MB!! I am a heavy VMware user so I really use all that memory.

Today I will go out and buy a Sata DVD drive, all my HD's are already SATA.

Sys info:

P5w dh Dlx

E6600 C2D

4GB (4x1GB)

1xWD 320GB SATA

1xMaxtor 320GB SATA

2xMaxtor 320GB striped

Pioneer DVR-111D PATA DVD burner

Plextor 716A PATA DVD burner

Nvidia 6200TC 64MB PCI-E

The plextor DVD drive will be replaced with a SATA version, the 6200TC will be replaced with a 7600GT.

Oh, that's OSX 10.4.8 JaS etc :blink:

Gratzz efvery time i have a windows box working i get error messages :S bin using osx 4 years now and never want any thing else :)) turn everything off what you don't need . than try getting a stable system after that you can experement what works and what does not :)

I can't seem to find any info on wether or not I need to enable memory remap feature. I have 4GB so not enabling this I will loose 800MB!! I am a heavy VMware user so I really use all that memory.

Does that need to be on or off? Doesn't matter for 3GB or less but with 4GB it does (800MB!).

Thx,

Cool, thx.

I installed, went smoothly but rebooting I get the grey apple screen and then a darker window saying I need to reboot or hold down the power button.

I tried disabling everything I don't need in the BIOS, and disconnected HD's/DVD drives I don't need. No luck.

What else can I try?

thx again.