Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

Ok, I've got it to sort of work now. But, once I installed the Jas updates included in the file (10.4.9 combo update), I've been having some trouble with my graphics card. If I scroll down an internet page, say, or just browsing through a folder, the browser window just lags up. I've heard that there are some problems with the 8800 series cards, so could someone enlighten me on this?

Also, I don't seem to get any sound. How can I fix this?

the two s-ata dvds could cause the problem - unplug both and try ;-)
. . what are your BIOS settings for the 'EZ_Backup' device? [you are trying to install to a volume on this - yes?]

Which BIOS revision are you running? Do you have the jmicron controller enabled?

I'm currently typing this in OSX (safari) now. I've updated to 10.4.9 using the jas combo patch, and the previous video problem is gone now. I used the experimental 8800 series patch, and now it works fine. However, I still can't get audio to work. I've downloaded the HDA patcher, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The culprit was the jmicron SATA controller. What I did was plugged the 500GB HD where I have OSX into one of the ez-raid orange SATA ports, reinstalled and then it works. The system profiler doesn't seem accurate, but that's a small problems compared to getting audio to work. I also tried the method that was on the first post of this thread, but it didn't seem to work.

Hi everyone once more!

I've succeded installing upchunk 10.4.9 v.1.3

Video ok

audio ok

USB ok

LAN (Ethernet).... that is the case (I've read all the thread, but there is no any posts with such a problem): the lan adaptor is recognised with no errors, the network settings are ok! Even I can surf the internet, BUT IT IS TOO SLOW!!! I've got a real IP with a broad connection to internet (approx. evg. connection (download) speed is about 6000 - 10000 kbps) this result is under WIN XP, but in the OSX 900 Kb-sized kext file is downloading for about 5 minuts with periodical stops, the same situation with the variouse web sites I've visited - very slow surfing!

I've tried to setup manual params. in the ethernet tab of the network setup (fullduplex, package size, etc...), but there is no difference.

So the questions are:

does anybody faces such a problem?

If no, then could you give me a link to a kext with the 100% working driver for Ethernet on p5w dh dlx?

Thank U in advance.

p.s. pls., sorry for my English, it's not my native lang.

How did you get sound to work? I installed using the jas 10.4.8 ISO, then updated to 4.9 using the included combo updater.

I'm having some problems with internet as well. Its fine most of the time, but it slows down a bit once in a while.

I've installed ALC882_AppleHDA_v0.4b.mpkg.zip from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

don't checked all options (using only front pannel audio out), but as far as i read in other topicks this driver works perfect, but no 5.1 support, only 2ch. (stereo).

So the LAN speed problem is still actual!

. . a recent netkas-built AppleSMBIOS.kext

But where is it?

EDIT: Found it. Everything works now. I'm currently downloading the 10.4.10 update pack as stated in a thread somewhere. Are there any problems running and installing 10.4.10 that I need to know about?

I've got some problems:

1. My CPU is e6600. it is overlocked to 20% and during the boot bios screen it is shows 2.88 gHz (2.4 is nominal), but in the OS X 10.4.9 (upchuck) it shows the core speed 1.55 gHz. WHY? and what shoul I do?

2. the temperature is shown as 60 - 62C, but in the windows the temp is 34C WHY? and what shoul I do?

3. Music and some videos are playing with increased speed. WHY? and what shoul I do?

4. I've read that the software for the hackintosh shouldn't work without some patching or something. Is it true? Can I install for ex. adobe photoshop downloaded from the adobe.com or I shuld putch it first. How?

thank you.

I've got some problems:

1. My CPU is e6600. it is overlocked to 20% and during the boot bios screen it is shows 2.88 gHz (2.4 is nominal), but in the OS X 10.4.9 (upchuck) it shows the core speed 1.55 gHz. WHY? and what shoul I do?

2. the temperature is shown as 60 - 62C, but in the windows the temp is 34C WHY? and what shoul I do?

3. Music and some videos are playing with increased speed. WHY? and what shoul I do?

4. I've read that the software for the hackintosh shouldn't work without some patching or something. Is it true? Can I install for ex. adobe photoshop downloaded from the adobe.com or I shuld putch it first. How?

thank you.

You can fix the "about this mac" problem using the netkas built AppleSMBIOS.kext. Just search google for the file.

The netkas kext will fix up the system profiler.

I'm not too sure about your other questions, as I'm new to this hackintosh thing as well. I was having a bit of trouble with video and music playback as well. What program are you using? I'm using iTunes for music, and DIVX player and Perian to handle most of my video files (avis, divx, flv, wmp).

I don't think you necessarily need to patch programs to run. For example, I downloaded firefox and divx player, and they worked just fine. No patching done.

The netkas kext will fix up the system profiler.

I'm not too sure about your other questions, as I'm new to this hackintosh thing as well. I was having a bit of trouble with video and music playback as well. What program are you using? I'm using iTunes for music, and DIVX player and Perian to handle most of my video files (avis, divx, flv, wmp).

I don't think you necessarily need to patch programs to run. For example, I downloaded firefox and divx player, and they worked just fine. No patching done.

I'm using iTunes for mp3 and the playback speed is very fast. I've read about some fsb fix, but can't find it.

I'm newbe in os x only 2-day user. ;)

Just a quick question. Is it possible to get the infrared remote included with the motherboard to play nice with 10.4.10, and should I update to 10.4.11? I've hear some horror stories about updating.

My system spec once again:

Intel C2D E6700 overclocked

2 x 1GB DDR800 Transcend Ram

500GB WD SATA HD

320GB WD SATA HD

Asus EN8800GTS 320mb graphics card

2 LG SATA DVD drives

P5W DH Deluxe mobo

sleep works !!! thanks to G5rock´s advice http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...100#entry509648

first updated to bios 2302 and used G5rock´s settings.

should mention that I also switched to some new lcd monitors - working sleep! :D

later I played around with the settings and almost every config worked.so it must be the new bios. there is still ony one issue: not working with dual view :D

guess the solution would be some changes for natit (using natit 0.2)

sleep works !!! thanks to G5rock´s advice http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...100#entry509648

first updated to bios 2302 and used G5rock´s settings.

should mention that I also switched to some new lcd monitors - working sleep! :D

later I played around with the settings and almost every config worked.so it must be the new bios. there is still ony one issue: not working with dual view :(

guess the solution would be some changes for natit (using natit 0.2)

I am very happy to hear that you got sleep working. But not having dual support is HUGE reason for me not to do this as I have dual monitors on all of my computers. I had great luck using diaboliks drivers for my nvidea card. On my Tiger installs. Have you tried his drivers?

;) yes,of course I´m using diabolik´s driver - natit 0.02 from his 10.4.9 installer as you could see in my specs and my last post ;)

It´s the same situation for me.I´m working on a dual display, so I still can´t use sleep.

I just wanted to mention that this a big step towards a fully working sleep for the pwdh5.

now we have excluded all possible reasons like bios-settings,hardware-problems and configs - except the video driver. Is there anybody out there who has the abilities to continue the work on natit? diabolik? pleeeeeeeease..... :dev:

:( yes,of course I´m using diabolik´s driver - natit 0.02 from his 10.4.9 installer as you could see in my specs and my last post ;)

It´s the same situation for me.I´m working on a dual display, so I still can´t use sleep.

I just wanted to mention that this a big step towards a fully working sleep for the pwdh5.

now we have excluded all possible reasons like bios-settings,hardware-problems and configs - except the video driver. Is there anybody out there who has the abilities to continue the work on natit? diabolik? pleeeeeeeease..... :dev:

Did you already test the Leopard on your config? Is it enough to copy working kexts from 10.4.9 and paste on 10.5?

Did you already test the Leopard on your config? Is it enough to copy working kexts from 10.4.9 and paste on 10.5?

I have some important projects at the moment - no time for leo. guess I will wait until christmas and make myself a nice present: leo 10.5.1 with the new efi version :(

for your question you can find some answers here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...100#entry509648

• 1 year later...

Hi to all,

I hope this post won't go so late. I'm still having some issues that I would fix on my hackintosh rig.

1. I'm unable to get full audio support for this mobo. Just OUT and Stereo thanks to azalia kext. I follow the Kasper's instructions, but unsuccessfuly so far. Is there any other way to get full audio support, without going to purchase a sound card?

2. I'm trying to set full ATA support in this mobo. I'm stucked at 6 Hard Disks. Enabling the JMicron as a "Basic" the Mac OS X is able to mount 8 drives, but the rig becomes unsteady and freezes quite often, so I have to reboot the computer. This behaivour happens suddenly, ramdomly. Is there any fix for this?

See my signature for the specs.

Thanks in advance