Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

Finally got 10.4.9 running with sound on my Asus P5W DH DeLuxe via following install procedure:

Install Jas 10.4.8_ppf1_ppf2 (select only intel kernel and MostCommonHardware->AppleAzalia kext, all other unchecked)

Install Jas.10.4.9.combo.update.intel.sse3

Copy newest kernel (from irc.osx86.su #1049) to /mach_kernel

Run Disk Utility to repair permissions

Reboot

Download AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16 from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859 and this file: http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/rea..._0x1043e601.txt

Drop ALC882_0x1043e601.txt on AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16 icon and follow instructions

Reboot

Install video driver

Reboot

Done, enjoy fully functional apple Ihac :poster_oops:

ps: During install I had 1 harddisk on primary sata connector, in bios set to AHCI

I'm a mac man my self and well hackintosh and a real mac are still a world of differends to me

i still dont dare to put all my files on it. like i would do with my real mac. my texts, photo's and mp3 colection are all still on my Imac G5. well just use it for WoW , surfing, downloading ( torrents) burning dvd's ect ect

any thing that can be replaced, but the work stuff stay's on my mac ... :thumbsup_anim:

I'm a mac man my self and well hackintosh and a real mac are still a world of differends to me

i still dont dare to put all my files on it. like i would do with my real mac. my texts, photo's and mp3 colection are all still on my Imac G5. well just use it for WoW , surfing, downloading ( torrents) burning dvd's ect ect

any thing that can be replaced, but the work stuff stay's on my mac ... :)

So, neither of us couldn't work on hackintosh??

Is that what you are trying to say?

At the end, if you donate to me a real Mac, I'll be glad to accept it and work on it...until then, please don't say that things...

Mm I almost got sleep workin ;) .

The desk comes back, but its not cotrollable, and sometimes a blue screen shows up..

I installed ACPICPUThrottler to manage this.

In the bios you have repost on vga disabled, acpi on 2.0 and Apic enabled.

Help is appriciated !

Kaspers, have you tried the new kernel released yesterday? Supposedly there was a problem with the SSE2 code that killed resume, so netkas released a new sse3 only kernal that works with sleep.

I finally got ACPICPUThrottler to work, but sleep just restarts my machine. So far I've tried pmset -a hibernatemode 0 and 1, and neither work. I haven't tried 3 5 or 7 yet. Have you tried any different hibernate modes?

I assume you're using bios 1901?

Let me know if you find a way to get it working.

Re: eSATA

Hey guys, i was struggling with the JMicron for my eSATA drive and have this little tidbit to add.. The instructions linked to in this post above: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p5w&st=280# work flawlessly. You just need to make sure in your BIOS that you have the Jmicron sata/raid bootrom ENABLED.

It actually states that disabling may cause 'adverse effects' (yeah, like it not working in osx?!) in the manual.

Also, i'm running BIOS 2004 (i tried 1901 when troubleshooting eSATA) and it works flawlessly (for me at least).

After a few days my system is complete! If anyone is interested in an Ubuntu Torrentflux server, i've also got that going in Parallels. Let me know.

Cheers,

IAN

P.S. I agree, the audio still needs work, i just have two channel out going, anyone had luck getting 4?

Kaspers, have you tried the new kernel released yesterday? Supposedly there was a problem with the SSE2 code that killed resume, so netkas released a new sse3 only kernal that works with sleep.

I finally got ACPICPUThrottler to work, but sleep just restarts my machine. So far I've tried pmset -a hibernatemode 0 and 1, and neither work. I haven't tried 3 5 or 7 yet. Have you tried any different hibernate modes?

I assume you're using bios 1901?

Let me know if you find a way to get it working.

Yeah I've tried !

Also with the ACPICPUThrottle.kext my desk comes back BUT can't work further with it...

I'm using bios 2004

You need to set acpi on enabled and repost vga -> disable and sleep on S3

Curious, is anyone having problems with their clock resetting in the bios, but the rest of their settings not resetting? I have tried bios 1901 and 2004, I'm going to try another battery tomorrow and see if that helps. Something tells me it's not the battery.

Curious, is anyone having problems with their clock resetting in the bios, but the rest of their settings not resetting? I have tried bios 1901 and 2004, I'm going to try another battery tomorrow and see if that helps. Something tells me it's not the battery.

Same problem here...Actually, I didn't look at the bios, but when I boot windows after OS X, my clock early 2 hours.

Yah mine is always 7 hours later (i'm pst).

I have a feeling it's OSx86 that is resetting it. If I reboot into windows 10 times in a row, from a shut down, from a restart, whatever. The bios clock stays normal. As soon as I boot into OSx86 it resets.

I added Atomic Clock and it syncs windows time everytime it boots up. As long as I know it's OSx86 that is resetting it, I'll be happy. Just hoping there isn't a mobo issue going on.

Thanks for the reply nicko, I feel better that my mobo isn't trash :D

What is your mobo temp? I'm at 36 C. My cpu is at 31.

I use to have much lower mobo temps, anyone know whats wrong?

As far as I know P5WDH reads mobo temps a bit different from other brands. Can't remember the details, but temps up to 45-50 have been reported quite frequently, and Asus states that temps like that isn't a problem. My P5W BIOS usally reports temps around 40, so your readings should be OK.

I just found a link that should ease your mind:

http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?no=D7...SLanguage=en-us

It should be normal if the motherboard temperature is within the range of 40~65 degrees Celsius.
Your system should be OK if it is within this temperature range.

What is your mobo temp? I'm at 36 C. My cpu is at 31.

I use to have much lower mobo temps, anyone know whats wrong?

. . the P5WDH uses an onboard thermistor - (a little cylindrical package) - sited between the Southbridge & 'EZ-RAID' packages.

It gives a pretty fair impression of the surface temperature of the mobo & components in this area [i checked with a calibrated 'T' type thermocouple].

Since the Southbridge sink is 1) small, 2) alloy, 3) shrouded with that silly plastic cover, & 4) is usually concave & interfaced through a random splodge of poor-quality thermal gunk, you can see high temperatures indicated - this continues to be the case [about 2-3C improvement] even with the cover removed, & the sink lapped & interfaced via AS5.

I watercool the SBridge, since running the FSB at 400+MHz 100% stable requires extra voltage for the ICH. There are decent & much larger passive SBridge sinks avaiable from Zalman, & countless active air-sinks for those who can handle the whine of 40mm fans.

I am using two Seagate 7200.9 160GB in a RAID0, so that is where the extra speed is coming from. Setting the BIOS to no raid, but jumpering the MB makes the two orange sata ports appear as a single sata disk to any OS.

HOw you you jumper that ????

And do ya really have to use the orange sata cable 4 it ????

question for you guys here,

Does JaS.10.4.9.combo.intel.sse3 includes the 8.9.1 kernel?

Any problems with Asus P5W DH Deluxe upgrading to the latest kernel?

I've read the posts here and I just want to confirm that it's a'ok to move to the latest.

thx!

I installed the combo update and used the nohpet kernel (because 8.9.1 wasn't out yet). Then the other day I switched to 8.9.1 and it worked just great. I seriously doubt that combo update has 8.9.1 since it just came out.

I am still stuck on 10.4.8 and the 8.8.1 Semthex kernel. I have installed from the JAS 10.4.8 disc that has bikedude's ICH7R fix on it. Whenever I install from that disc without his fix, I get a disk insertion error. I have it installed now, but I can't update because whenever I do, it seems to erase his ICH7R fix. I have everything running off of SATA (HD's and DVD-RW). Does anyone know of a way that I can update and still keep that fix? Thanks!

OSX (Unix) sets the system clock to GMT and adds the necessary offset in the system. Windows sets the system clock to the local time. So when you boot from one to the other the clock will be off. OSX fixes the clock on boot, but you'll need to use a utility (like Atomic) to fix it quickly in Win.

Are you using an SATA drive? If so, you must set SATA to AHCI in the bios. That will fix your harddrive issue.

I did that and it still came up with the disk insertion error. I think I have too many SATA drives. Both DVD drives are SATA and my main HD is an SATA. Oh well, looks like I'm staying at 10.4.8 for awhile...

I have another question. Can I install the 8.9.1 kernel on 10.4.8?

Hi guys,

Im building a new box to run final cut pro properly and am deciding between the p5w and a bad axe 2.Ive got a few questions about this board,

1. Ive read mixed reports about the Wireless, does it work ok with realtek drivers?

2. Does anyone use the board with front ports on a case, will these work in osx86?

3. Hows the audio? Anyone had more than 2 channels working and how about audio in?

4. Hows the PATA (IDE) working? My current osx install is on a PATA drive- which could be moved to SATA, but my DVD Drive has an IDE connection.

Sorry if most of these have been answers but i just wanted to double check!

The main thing that concerns me about getting this board rather than the Bad

Axe is to do with when 10.5 is released and hacked. I read somewhere that the Bad Axe has got some kind of Intel EFI chip that means it will be a lot more compatible with 10.5- but i havent been able to find anymore on the subject? I dont want to shell out on this mainboard only for it to stop working when 10.5 comes out!

Hi guys,

Im building a new box to run final cut pro properly and am deciding between the p5w and a bad axe 2.Ive got a few questions about this board,

1. Ive read mixed reports about the Wireless, does it work ok with realtek drivers?

2. Does anyone use the board with front ports on a case, will these work in osx86?

3. Hows the audio? Anyone had more than 2 channels working and how about audio in?

4. Hows the PATA (IDE) working? My current osx install is on a PATA drive- which could be moved to SATA, but my DVD Drive has an IDE connection.

5. I read someone was working on getting the remote working, any news there?

6. I also read that future chips will need a fsb running at 1333mh rather than 1033, it was late so maybe my eyes were messing up, but does that sound right?

Loads of questions there, sorry if most of these have already been answered but i just wanted to double check!

The main thing that concerns me about getting this board rather than the Bad

Axe is to do with when 10.5 is released and hacked. I read somewhere that the Bad Axe has got some kind of Intel EFI chip that means it will be a lot more compatible with 10.5- but i havent been able to find anymore on the subject? I dont want to shell out on this mainboard only for it to stop working when 10.5 comes out!