Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

Hrm... What is your audio set as in the Bios? AC97 or HD-Audio? I'd try changing that and seeing if that changes. Do you have any external sound cards in there? If so remove it.

If the above doesn't apply to you I would may look at another JaS install. I notice yours JUST SAYS AMD. You have an intel obviously. I'd get the intel / amd version and select the intel chipset during install.

i have jas.mac.os.x.10.4.8 amd.sse2.sse3.ppf.1.defiant.diskutill.biker.ich7-R.patch i got it off demonoide

when darwin loads it say sam multimedia erro on the black dos looking screen.

then osx will load up and ask to choose language . i click next

preparing installation pops up . then a box pops up saying ..

because of a problem, installing mac os x could not be completed.

the window has shut down, restart, save log, view log . bottons

i upgrade the bios to version 2007

most of the erro log saying somthing about framwork

the jas i have got both amd and intel. which audio settings should i use ? regards

I believe I installed mine with HD-Audio enabled. It seriuosly sounds like you have a bad image. When you install you select the intel option?

yes dude thanks i did -v . it restarded and now booting fine i upgrade to 4.9 . only prob now is the wifi.

i cant connect on a none wep network. ill may have to buy a wifi card that shows up as airport.

any help fixing the wifi would be great .regards

yes dude thanks i did -v . it restarded and now booting fine i upgrade to 4.9 . only prob now is the wifi.

i cant connect on a none wep network. ill may have to buy a wifi card that shows up as airport.

any help fixing the wifi would be great .regards

You tried the Realtek drivers?

yes i got them off there website . the realtek conects to the network . but safari wont connect to the web. regards

Sounds like you aren't getting a DNS address. See if you can get them (usually 2) from your router and manually type them in.

still no joy.

i went and got the asus wl-138g pci wifi card with broadcom chip version 2 . i saw on the wiki that it works . i did the change device id. dont work

also when i go to system profiler and click on pci . it says there is now pci card install on this mac.

is there some thing i should do to turn on the pci slots on the motherboard?

im getting a new SATA drive tomorrow and when i do i'll try and get it working with jmicron and then update my blog and this post with instructions/guides.

Any news concerning the black jmicron Sata-Controller?

I can't get mine working...

I'm finaly back at 10.4.9 with the new kernel and it works like a dream .

finaly the CPU (dual core 805 2,66@4 GHz ) is reconnised correctly. system time is not lagging any more and WoW is playing well ;)) :D

I'm finaly back at 10.4.9 with the new kernel and it works like a dream .

finaly the CPU (dual core 805 2,66@4 GHz ) is reconnised correctly. system time is not lagging any more and WoW is playing well ;)) :D

Which kernel are you using and can you upload it? Audio and all that stuff working?

OK..... rule #1...... NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ..... ETC

push the reset button. I have hosed my osx86 install 2 times in a row by doing so. Randomly, my harddrives will start reading / writing extremely slow. Like it will do a harddrive read / write every 10 seconds and nothing in between. Anyone else had this issue?

The hard drive is hosed enough to where disk first aid won't attempt to fix it and fsck won't either. I can't fix it with diskwarrior because it's the boot drive. I MIGHT be able to take the sata drive out and stick it in a sata enclosure and attempt to fix it with my mbp... BUUUUUT, I don't have an enclosure. Luckily I backed everything up last night, so I won't be hurting too badly.

Any advice would be appreciated on either issue.

i fresh install jas 4.10.8 dvd . then i install the 4.10.9 jas combo update by clicking on the install install app in the jas 4.10.9 folder.

what i need to know is ,dos this process in stall the new kernel . or do i have to do other stuff .

am abit confuse. when i go to system profiler and click software it says kernel 8.9.1

any help would be nice ,

Hi everyone,

I am having a particular problem with my ASUS P5W DH.

Everything seems to work, except the SHUT DOWN.

The cpu halts, the monitors shut down, except the computer is still on, and I have to manually turn it off.

The odd thing is that RESTART/REBOOT works fine.

P5W DH, Core2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz

XFG NVidia 7950GT 512MB

2 Gig RAM

OSX installed on IDE drives, SATA and everything (except Remote Control) work fine.

Using: Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Wed Apr 18 16:28:53 PDT 2007; silverfox:xnu-792.18.15-SSE3-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

http://www.mckill.ca check his log you will find a link to the latest kernal its realy well

@emig yes has it befor after a rebout it would be gone, had to repair the drive stuckter a few times now via install disk because OSX would not boot any more,

Unfortunately my install disk utility won't repair it. I'm hoping Drive Genius will.

Newbee alert!!!

I'm trying today, for the first time, to get back to my home base. After almost 9 years without a mac i have to try OSx86 on my brand new wintel.

CPU: E6420

RAM: 2x Kingston 1024Mb DDR2-800 CL4

HDD: WesternDigi 500Gb in the red sata (primary master)

DVD: LG 18x

VGA: ATI 1950XT 512Mb

Bios related:

jmicron disabled

IDE mode - normal

DVD-R over IDE-cable in the intel blue port (someone told me to buy a IDE2USB cable and to connect the dvd with it... any comments on that??)

Sound - HDAudio

10.4.8 JAS DVD from my friend. He says it is about 2 months old. After i put the dvd and partition and erase the hdd I install the osx with Intel SSE3 smthex kernel and nothing else from the JAS submenue. after a while the computer restarted (i wasn't actually in the room) and osx never came up...

1. Is it somehow mobo related or is it plain DVD-Image issue?

2. Is there a simplistic way to suite my configuration, without kext editing and copying?

3. 10.4.9 - should I? Is it too complicated for a beginner?

OK... few things

First off you don't need to do any conversion on that dvd burner. Just plug it in to the ide and away you go. Make sure your maxcpu id is disabled. Second I'm curious if you formatted your drive correctly. If you came up to just a blinking cursor and nothing else happening, the odds are your drive wasn't formatted correctly. There is erasing a partition and formatting a drive in Disk Utility. Did you launch Disk Utility from the boot cd? Or just erase the drive option before you installed? From Disk Utility you need to click on the drive (NOT THE PARTITION) on the left hand column. The drive is the top most mention of the drive, the one that is indented and below is the partition. So when you click on the drive, click the Partition tab. After you click the Partition tab, name your drive and click the options button on the bottom. Make sure GUID Partition Table is selected.

After that is done your drive is formatted correctly. Then go ahead with the install, make sure you check your intel chipset in the options.

Finally you're going to need to use the JCCool method for that graphics card. A quick search on the net will help you with that. "JCCool ATI" should work.

10.4.9 is very easy to get going. Every time I install 10.4.8 from JaS I do his combo 10.4.9 immediately after. Then I do my kernel update, graphics card update, sound update, network update. I haven't had any issues with 10.4.9. I think it's definitely worth a shot.

Good luck!