WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

if you are on an RX580 with SMBIOS 19,1 shikigva=16 does not freeze the system.

But the problem is with OpenCore the bootflag seems to not be working at all.

Yes I know but DRM on Safari doesn't work with shikigva=16.

2 hours ago, telepati said:

Yes I know but DRM on Safari doesn't work with shikigva=16.

It doesn’t work with shikigva=80 either AND it also freezes the system. With 16 AppleTV+ works and while Safari DRM doesn’t, it does not freeze the system at least.

Edited by WizeMan

(Note to admin: the LE certificate of this website has expired as of 12/3/2019)

I have an issue with whatever green 1.3.6 used with shikigva=80 and Amazon Prime Video in Safari.

A safari thread crashes while attempting to play a video.

I attached the crashlog to this message.

Hopefully this may help the WE devs to resolve this issue.

My machine spec is Intel Core i7 6700, Vega 64, Z170-Motherboard, Catalina 1.15.2, Clover 5100.

What works on this machine with shikigva=80: Apple TV+ streaming DRM video playback (which is great!), Netflix in Safari. Everything in Firefox.

com.apple.WebKit.WebContent - Crash Log.txt

@vit9696 My Lenovo ThinkPad X240 does have a MiniDisplayPort and VGA port that both do work fine.

However i have a ThinkPad docking station which does add 3 extra other ports a VGA/DisplayPort/DVI

The problem is that those 3 dock video ports do connect to framebuffer@2 (which the laptop VGA port connects into).

VGA port connected directly to the laptop has no issues whatsoever but whatever port i do connect into the docking station (which are all tied to the framebuffer@2), i can plug unplug all fine, but if i put laptop to sleep it panics into an instant reboot, or if i reboot or if i shutdown.

DisplayPort audio from Dock has no audio output, it just plays audio from laptop (while on Windows and Linux works all fine).

So normally without dock here is the configuration:

Framebuffer@0 - Internal laptop display (works perfect)

Framebuffer@1 - Mini DisplayPort of the laptop (works perfect even MiniDisplayPort Audio)

Framebuffer@2 - VGA Port of the laptop (works perfect)

If i connect the laptop into the dock, the dock has those 3 ports like i said: DVI/DisplayPort/VGA

So all those 3 ports do get attached to Framebuffer@2 they work fine normally (expect DisplayPort audio not working) but when i sleep,reboot,shutdown goes into kernel panic/insta reboot.

So my question is do you think this is related to framebuffer patching ?

What port type/flag/pipe should i set for framebuffer@2 so i doesn't panic on sleep, shutdown or reboot and have DisplayPort audio working ?

I can provide logs and files if necessary.

Thanks.

whatevergreen distorts my audio output (no matter which player i use). not hdmi audio but "regular". it's not version specific because i noticed it with 1.2.1 as well as 1.3.5. it happens to me with both 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 and for both i use an imac14,2 smbios.
i use an mbox2 with the original digidesign/avid drivers. if i remove whatevergreen it's fine.

i'm using whatevergreen for my quadro 4000 (web drivers) because without it it gets crazy hot in minutes. i'd actually prefer to solve that with a clover patch or some dsdt magic but i didn't find the right knob yet.

in mojave 10.14.0 uhd630 laptop 0x3E9B0009  method 1,

Enable Clover DSDT fix AddPNLF. Enable SetIntelBacklight and SetIntelMaxBacklight.

A specific value is not necessary - it will be automatically injected according to the processor installed.

succedd.

However the maximum backlight is still to low light.

what max value for uhd 630 mobile ?

does it need ssdt-rcmf.aml ?

Do i have switch to method 2.

i am afraid that the framebuffer wrong value could kill the lcd.

5 hours ago, Babiloe said:

in mojave 10.14.0 uhd630 laptop 0x3E9B0009  method 1,

Enable Clover DSDT fix AddPNLF. Enable SetIntelBacklight and SetIntelMaxBacklight.

A specific value is not necessary - it will be automatically injected according to the processor installed.

succedd.

However the maximum backlight is still to low light.

what max value for uhd 630 mobile ?

does it need ssdt-rcmf.aml ?

Do i have switch to method 2.

i am afraid that the framebuffer wrong value could kill the lcd.

I think IntelMaxValue for CFL by default in Clover not truly. You can add the value in IntelMaxValue in config.plist

CC @Sherlocks

10 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

I think IntelMaxValue for CFL by default in Clover not truly. You can add the value in IntelMaxValue in config.plist

CC @Sherlocks

Solved! per UHD630

Using Clover SetIntelMaxBacklight 0xff7b only, doesn't effect per Rehabman vs Headkaze discussion on other forums.

What effect is [igpu] Brighness (ACPI 100) Patch for DSDT must be done via maciasl.

Slightly modified instead DD02 to DD1F per headkaze suggestion because error compiling due DD02 not found.

The patch UHD630 Brightness Fix ACPI100.

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches

#graphics_PNLF-ACPI100.txt

# This patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays

# and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing

# the laptop lid.

#

# This patch works well for laptops that have working

# ACPI methods with 64-or more levels (100 is common)

# for good support for Windows 2012 (Windows 8)

#

# Based on information from the normal laptop DSDT methods,

# optimized for use with ACPIBacklight.kext

#

# Note: This patch should be applied to the DSDT or SSDT that defines

# your integrated graphics device (always at _ADR 0x00020000)

# applied to one of the SSDTs, not DSDT.

#

# Note: Intended to be used with Windows 2012, so this should be done...

# if you previously patched for Windows 2006, undo that patch!

# sometimes in Scope (_SB.PCI0)

into method label _INI parent_label _SB.PCI0 code_regex If\s+\(_OSI\s+\(\"Windows\s2012\"\)\) replace_matched

begin If(LOr(_OSI("Darwin"),_OSI("Windows 2012"))) end;

# sometimes in Scope (_SB)

into method label _INI parent_label _SB code_regex If\s+\(_OSI\s+\(\"Windows\s2012\"\)\) replace_matched

begin If(LOr(_OSI("Darwin"),_OSI("Windows 2012"))) end;

into_all device label PNLF remove_entry;

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert

begin

Device (PNLF)\n

{\n

// normal PNLF declares (note some of this probably not necessary)\n

Name (_ADR, Zero)\n

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n

Name (_CID, "backlight")\n

Name (_UID, 10)\n

Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n

// _BCM/_BQC: set/get for brightness level\n

Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

// Update backlight via existing DSDT methods\n

^^DD1F._BCM(Arg0)\n

}\n

Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Return(^^DD1F._BQC())\n

}\n

Method (_BCL, 0, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Return(^^DD1F._BCL())\n

}\n

Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

^^_DOS(Arg0)\n

}\n

// extended _BCM/_BQC for setting "in between" levels\n

Method (XBCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

// Update backlight via existing DSDT methods\n

^^DD1F._BCM(Arg0)\n

}\n

Method (XBQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Return(^^DD1F._BQC())\n

}\n

// Use XOPT=1 to disable smooth transitions\n

Name (XOPT, Zero)\n

// XRGL/XRGH: defines the valid range\n

Method (XRGL, 0, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Store(_BCL(), Local0)\n

Store(DerefOf(Index(Local0, 2)), Local0)\n

Return(Local0)\n

}\n

Method (XRGH, 0, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Store(_BCL(), Local0)\n

Store(DerefOf(Index(Local0, Subtract(SizeOf(Local0), 1))), Local0)\n

Return(Local0)\n

}\n

}\n

end;

1. Set as UHD 630 WGE suggestion, no need PNLF patch add DSDT.

2. Patch DSDT.aml with acpi brighness fix acpi100 dd1f patch above using maciasl.

3. Use method 1 

Enable Clover acpi fix AddPNLF. Enable Clover Device SetIntelBacklight and SetIntelMaxBacklight.

no need value at MAXbacklight

Edited by Babiloe

I am using two LG 4K monitors connected by HDMI to a Sapphire RX580 Pulse.  OS is 10.15.2.  SMBIOS is MacPro6,1.  Lilu and WEG are most recent versions being injected by newest release of Clover.  The monitors will not wake from sleep and stay black after the system sleeps.  After much banging my head against the wall, I haver learned I need to disable AGDC.  However, the output from "ioreg -lw0 | grep CFG_USE_AGDC" is "CFG_USE_AGDC" = Yes.  AGDC is still enabled which causes the 4K monitors to not wake from sleep.

The release notes for WEG 1.15 state "added automatic CFG_USE_AGDC disabling to avoid constant issues with 4K display sleep and broken HDMI/DP ports".

Confusingly, the manual under FAQ.Radeon.en.md says:

"Why can a highres DisplayPort-connected display fail to wake (e.g. some LG 4K models)?
Sometimes AGDC configuration preference could be the case. For 4K and lower it makes sense to try disabling it by passing CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC — False (00) via SSDT or similar."

What am I doing wrong?  Why isn't WEG disabling AGDC which "should" fix my 4K wake from sleep issue?  Do I need an SSDT even though the release notes say it should be done automatically?  I have tried (and failed) to make an SSDT to disable AGDC.

Boot flag  shikigva=128 works fine on both for DRM video, Radeon VII and Vega 56, IGPU is disabled from BIOS and iMacPro SMBIOS used and only one HDCP display connected.

But I have weird issue, when 2 or more displays are connected and one of them doesn’t support HDCP, then DRM video playback doesn’t work from any screen.

Any workarounds?

Edited by holyfield

Hi guys,

fast question :

is it possibile to reproduce a DRM video (like Netflix) on Safari having a laptop with only an Intel HD620 ?

I've tried some WEG boot arguments without success ...

Thanks

Mattia

Hi!

I got an MSI Vega 56 AirBoost OC. SMBIOS iMac19,1 headless (Coffee Lake 9900K). I am booting with shikigva=80 and while AppleTV(+) and Netflix are working fine, Amazon Prime Does not. Also the BitMovin test videos do not play either.

Switching to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and disabling iGPU fixes Amazon Prime Videos, but BitMovin videos still do not play.

Any ideas? Can post console logs if you need them.

1 hour ago, WizeMan said:

Any ideas? Can post console logs if you need them.

I have dedicated Vega 56 (IGPU disabled) and using WhateverGreen, no issues with Amazon Prime HD DRM content playback using Friendly Streaming with HDCP monitors. In Safari I cannot enable the HD for Amazon Prime for some reason. As I use  Vega 56 for various video production task, I'm using iMacPro SMBIOS and have disabled IGPU. This setup gives the best performance. Video rendering up to 20% better. 

Have you ever tried other online DRM test?

EZDRM Demo is working fine with Safari on both, on Hack and Mac mini. 

5 hours ago, tmbt said:

is it possibile to reproduce a DRM video (like Netflix) on Safari having a laptop with only an Intel HD620 ?

I've tried some WEG boot arguments without success ...

I don't have the lightest glue what exactly "reproduce" means on your case.

Have you ever read the WhateverGreen manual?

Also I would recommend to read this post:

4 minutes ago, holyfield said:

I have dedicated Vega 56 (IGPU disabled) and using WhateverGreen, no issues with Amazon Prime HD DRM content playback using Friendly Streaming with HDCP monitors. In Safari I cannot enable the HD for Amazon Prime for some reason. As I use  Vega 56 for various video production task, I'm using iMacPro SMBIOS and have disabled IGPU. This setup gives the best performance. Video rendering up to 20% better. 

Have you ever tried other online DRM test?

EZDRM Demo is working fine with Safari on both, on Hack and Mac mini. 

Unfortunately EZDRM Demo is not functioning either:

1916070427_Screenshot2020-01-08at5_45_09PM.thumb.png.25839b48706ab621201107828604a8e0.png

10 minutes ago, telepati said:

@WizeMan Can you share your EFI I will compare with mine? When I use shikigva=80 on my system Safari and system freezing.

It is freezing because you have a Polaris Card. Try shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 

This will get you AppleTV but not Netflix nor Amazon on Safari (but it won't crash)

Just now, holyfield said:

Did you really read the error message :D

Read first, do not post first!

I did read it. First time I entered the URL it said the "Page reloaded due to a problem" and then it kept doing this a couple of times then threw the screen I uploaded. The same occurs with Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@vit9696 I'm attempting to figure out the best combination of DRM controls for my system.  I'm in a unique situation because my machine is quite old, but I recently picked up a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB for a small graphics upgrade.

My system is as follows:

• Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (7 series chipset)
  • Core i7-3770 (Ivy Bridge) with HD4000 (WEG automatically applies the correct platform-id to enable headless mode to the Intel graphics)
  • iMac13,2 SMBIOS (matches the CPU arch / chipset)
  • Mojave 10.14.6
  • Latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc.

I have been following your posts over at AppleLife.ru (translated to English) to try to figure out what the best combination is for my hardware.  When I boot without any shikigva flags, I can load up Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in Safari, but I see a red screen (audio sounds correct).  When I try any other shikigva flags (16, 80, 144, 208), I get "infinite reloading" when I try to view Netflix content.

Do you have any advice for my system to make Netflix / Amazon work in Safari?

Edited by CoBrA2168
Correcting the user tag

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

Should be shikigva=80, but it is not supported before 10.15, and RX580 drivers have a bug with it at the moment as of 10.15.2. No option for you at this step.

Thank you very much for the reply.  Since I'm still on Mojave, is there a way to get it working by downgrading WhateverGreen to a previous version?  Or has this never worked before?

I've read conflicting reports: some people say they have DRM working 100% on Mojave, whereas others are experiencing issues like me.  I'm also in a more unique situation, since my CPU architecture is so old (Ivy Bridge) compared to most people.

@vit9696 I read on some forum posts that using Whatevergreen may decrease iGPU clocks (the iGPU doesn't reach 1200MHz) or performances may differ even in dGPUs.

"Remove WhateverGreen for 1.2GHz iGPU clock speed"

Personally, I tend to be skeptical about it, because what whatevergreen does is rename devices at the I/O level, and thus it does not interfere with power management/frequencies and as a consequence with system performance.

Am I right? Could you please provide more clarification on this topic?

Edited by 1Ale1