WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,503 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, viktr said:

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to Catalina and got DP 5k monitor problem again. Did stupid thing - upgraded both lilu/weg and macos, so don't know what caused the problem exactly.

Symptoms: rx560 with latest lilu/weg, 10.15, 5k DP display and uhd 4k hdmi display.

After boot only HDMI display works. When I turn DP display off then back on, it starts to work ok. Sometimes I need to repeat it several times.

After sleep/wake sometimes DP works, sometimes not. Don't understand what it depends on. For example, after computer wakes up and dp is not working, I can wait a minute or two when it goes to sleep again, immediately wake it up again then and dp works again.

Also, dunno is it important, when dp is not working and I turn it off, HDMI monitor blinks like macos detected that DP monitor has been switched off.

Please tell me, is it possible to fix that? Last time in the similar situation only macos upgrade helped.

Ty

DP is problematic at the moment for all Mac users right now it's not related to the Hackintosh. Many real mac users using HDMI right now. Probably it will fix to next update. You can find detail about that issue on MacRumors.com.

• Like 3

DP is problematic at the moment for all Mac users right now it's not related to the Hackintosh. Many real mac users using HDMI right now. Probably it will fix to next update. You can find detail about that issue on MacRumors.com.

I supposed something alike, thank you for confirmation. Looks like apple just used previous buggy commit from 10.14.4 that has the same problem lol
Will wait for 10.15.1 then! )))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:16 AM, soumaxetuirk said:

I managed to resolve the issue issue after switching back from VirtualSMC  to FakeSMC.

Surprisingly VirtualSMC was causing trouble conflicting with PS2 driver. Without PS2 driver, VirtualSMC working fine. 

No issue of Whatevergreen.

It's a different issue then.

I'm using FakeSMC 3.5.2 from HWSensors3 and it works

WhateverGreen 1.3.3 + Lilu 1.3.8 , AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer for 10.15 freezes.

I have now installed the system and all the kexts with kextcache to have more flexibility - and it freezes.

Hello.

I've got laptop with Optimus eGPU. Currently I'm using DSDT/SSDT patches to turn it off (and reenable/redisable it at _PTS/_WAK), Is -wegnoegpu bootarg (or corresponding property) enough to replace them, or I should continue using them along with WEG?

On 10/15/2019 at 2:23 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

You can first try remove Whatevergreen.kext,, just use FakePCIID.kext+ FakePCIIDintelHDGrahics.kext from rehabman. Then set fakeID GPU to 0x014128086. 

Let's see about your min freq of GPU. If it still same, then the problem is commonly from the macOS, not about WEG

Unfortunately no change, iGPU still running at .55 with FakePCI.

AS OF 10/17/19 CATALINA DEV BETA 15.1 version 2 has support for AMD Navi cards.    They added the 6000 kexts series to accelerate and to load frame buffers.   This is a different situation than the normal Controllerkexts for graphics cards.    

@vit9696  WEG needs to be disabled or removed for the cards to work.    AMD Navi 5700 device ID is 0x73101002, 5700XT is 0x731F1002.   Could the issue be non support for the cards in WEG or is it the new controller routing through the new Framebuffer kext?

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 5.35.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 5.19.51 PM.png

Hi

Black screen on first reboot OS Installer screen: update 10.15.1 Beta 1 to Beta 2 on my Z390.

I've to disable latest WhateverGreen 1.3.3 in Clover GUI. boot-arg -wegoff don't work ---> RX580

Then Black screen on Desktop seems to be sleep issues.

Any ideas

• Like 1

@DSM2 what SMBIOS are you using to get HW h264 + h265 encode/decode?  Is it iMac Pro 1.1?

Can you tell me if HW h264/h265 encode/decode works perfectly?  Do you use it much, eg with software like Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Davinci Resolve or so?

I ask because some of us have regular problem with freezing of screen, requiring reboot, when HW encode is used on system with no internal GPU.  For me it happens with Radeon Vega 64, but someone else on this forum has issue with both Vega 64 and VII Pro, like you have.

So I would be interested to hear how it is for you.

PS. That is an amazing PC you have there, very jealous :)

Edited by TheBloke

Hi guys, good morning,

WhatEverGreen 1.3.3 gives me purple stripes at boot, today I changed version 1.3.3 with 1.3.2 and the purple stripes are gone again...

Its only to let you know...

Thanks

Hi,

Cannot get 8550 working, please help. It has UHD620 and I've set device-id to 16590000 but have HD620, not uhd, so "feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1"

What id shall I use to get it working? Thank you.

Edited by viktr

13 hours ago, viktr said:

Hi,

Cannot get 8550 working, please help. It has UHD620 and I've set device-id to 16590000 but have HD620, not uhd, so "feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1"

What id shall I use to get it working? Thank you.

Well, probably I am doing something wrong. Need assistance, please help.

I still have a new barebone pc with 8550 cpu and cannot get it working with whatevergreen. I did the patch with clover and everything works just fine with the Rehabman's FakePCIID_intel_hd_Graphics:

removed weg

injected intel with 0x591b0000 ig platform id

set intel gfx fake id to 0x59168086

installed latest Rehabman's fakepciid

enabled gfx to igpu and heci to imei patches

disabled firmware uploading with -disablegfxfirmware

and everything looks like it is working fine in latest catalina - transparency etc. HDMI sound is not working though.

Is it possible to achieve at least the same result with the WEG? Tried this:

image.thumb.png.087ffec7b4eccafd1f33c71371b0e01b.png

System boots but without ui transparency etc.

Thank you

15 minutes ago, errorexists said:

doesnt seem to be any good as i tried it on catalina db2 with a 5700xt neither dp or hdmi working still back screen an was told that weg is not going to be supported in clover

WEG not supported in Clover?  What does that mean exactly?

7 minutes ago, errorexists said:

doesnt seem to be any good as i tried it on catalina db2 with a 5700xt neither dp or hdmi working still back screen an was told that weg is not going to be supported in clover

We didn't test WEG on 5700, but we will carry out the test soon.
On previous generation AMD everything is good.
Kexts don't depend on the bootloader.

2 minutes ago, TheBloke said:

WEG not supported in Clover?  What does that mean exactly?

It is insinuation.