[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>

<string>17A358a</string>

Thanks to @crazyburdy @cyberdevs @KGP-X99

Last night I downloaded Beta on the appstore: instead of Beta 8, I think now is Beta 7.

Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist show:

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>

<string>17A352a</string>

Strange. This is the first time that this happens to me  :)  I need to re-download this morning to test clean install
  • Like 1

Fresh install on desktop beta 8.

No firmware issues or OSinstall error.

I did not remove EmuVariableUEFI.

Windows SSD was connected and enabled.

post-1083558-0-40033700-1503992117_thumb.png

Laptop

Fresh install smooth as butter.

Battery indicator appears to be working now with @RehabMan "experimental fix for battery status startup problem (issue #21) on 10.13"

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/RehabMan-Battery-2017-0828.zip

post-1083558-0-40033700-1503992117_thumb.png

• Like 1

I need help with HD530. The case is that you do not load the graphics and the cycle repeats itself over and over again. I use Onboard as primary on Bios, DVMT96, DSDT and SSDT HD530, IntelGraphicsFixup and Lilu, Boot arg lilu and intel.

Attachment config.plist

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Try this

config.plist.zip

No problems with update to DB8_17A358a on my systems (by directly running "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app"):

1.  NUC6i5SYH with UEFI/Intel i5-6260U/Iris 540/APFS SSD

post-846696-0-61104700-1503996160_thumb.png

2.  GA-P55aUD3 with legacy BIOS/Intel i5-750/ATI HD5770/APFS HDD

post-846696-0-63150600-1504041967_thumb.jpg

3.  Dell XPS M1530 with legacy BIOS/Intel T9300/Geforce 8600M GT/HFS+ Ext HDD

post-846696-0-70340500-1504000175_thumb.png

Installation Notes
  • Updated to latest Clover r4189, Clover injected default values for FF/FFM/PF and BIOS ver/date/Board-ID data (iMac17,1, iMac11,3 & MBP 7,1)
  • Latest apfs.efi driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI or /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64
  • No EmuVariableUefi-64 for my Skylake NUC
  • On my legacy machines, made sure to remove all NVRAM.plist files from all EFI partitions (incl USB drives), ran sudo NVRAM -c command in terminal to reset NVRAM prior to update
  • A windows disk present on the machine during installation is OK.

apfs.zip

Clover_v2.4k_r4189.zip

• Like 2

Skylake-X/X299 and Broadwell-E/EP (Haswell-E/EP)/X99 upgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB7/DP8 smoothly without issues!

Hint: To prevent the Firmware Update Error it seems sufficient to unplug the NVMe / SSD / HDD carrying the Windows partition!

post-1362934-0-91031000-1503998659_thumb.png

Fresh install on desktop beta 8.

No firmware issues or OSinstall error.

I did not remove EmuVariableUEFI.

Windows SSD was connected and enabled.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-29 at 5.15.11 pm.png

The OSInstall error still occurred for me, for upgrade. So I had to remove EmuVariableUEFI in order to get it installed. It's true that I didn't try a fresh install. But I'm glad it was fixed. :D Thank you very much for the feedback. Also, I had my Windows HDD connected, as well. And didn't have the firmware error anymore...

Has anyone else done a fresh install of beta 7 or 8 and come across an issue where clover does not show the APFS recovery volume?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did a fresh install on an APFS formatted HDD and the Recovery HD is right there where it should be.

Did not work, error persists

I assume that you want to use the IntelHD as the primary since your nVidia won't work. Is that correct?

I suggest that you add the nv_disable=1 and try again.

• Like 1

Testing Beta 8 fresh Installation HP ProBook 6570b

Méthode stratosinstall (APFS)➤ SSD OCZ 120 g

Latest Clover r4189

All drive connect include my eSATA and Windows 10

13 Minutes install done!  B)

sans_t38.jpg

• Like 1

Yes still getting (macbook-pro.home.com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <notice>: service only ran for 8 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds) on high Sierra  Beta 7 with laptop HD4600

same issue here on Asus N550JV Haswell HD 4600...

cheers!

No problems here with Public beta 7. Used Chris1111's Disk Creator (Thanks Chris1111, an excellent product as always) to install PB6. Used Rehabman (Many thanks for USB 3.0 and bluetooth solutions) and Neo aka Darkman (many thanks for the wifi patch) stuff to get USB, wifi and bluetooth working. Then updated the install using the update from Apple Store.

• Like 1

Hi

Since beta 7 and of course with Beta 8, I can no longer use the hot-plugging of internal hard drives. I can't insert HDD when High Sierra is running. Does anyone even have same problem? Hot-pluggging HDD work like a charm under Sierra.

Please: any ideas?

Yes still getting (macbook-pro.home.com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <notice>: service only ran for 8 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds) on high Sierra  Beta 7 with laptop HD4600

Did not work, error persists

attachicon.gifIMG_3174.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3175.JPG

For both of you, I had the same problem as you and fixed it.  I had to remove my discreet GPU from my DSDT so that only the Intel HD GPU shows up in System Info.  I also had to remove my custom SSDT and let Clover make my SSDT (Generate PStates, Generate CStates, Enable C7) It took a while to get this right but it worked for me.

• Like 1

Once again, I had to go into the High Sierra Recovery partition, select install new copy of macOS in the utility options and download the entire installer.  The whole process (downloading the 5 GB of files and installing DP8) took about 1.5 hrs.  

Why not just Create Install Media USB installer (Latest Beta) 
Boot to the USB and on the Installer Select your  SSD High Sierra
Thats working for HFS+J and APFS
Your solved lots of time  :D

B)

This is what I am testing now

img_1226.jpg