[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

@gengik84

The weird thing is that if I boot the system with macOS Sierra with the same EFI folder that I use for DP7 I can see the disks in Disk Utility.

I will do some more tests and see if I can find out what's the reason that macOS High Sierra  can't detect the SATA disks.

• Like 1

THNX!

Not yet. Since 13 aug I had no reboots.

no FF FFM PF

you mean delete those keys or write them with 0xFFs ?

i checked all parts of macpro5,1 firmware to search ff/ffm information. strange. also shown other pattern compared to other firmware as what i known

macpro5,1 can't see correct ff/ffm infomation.

if you can test, try this

MP51.88Z.0084.B00.1708080528 and not use ff/ffm at config with clover r4184.

thanks

• Like 3

apfs.efi ?

same place

Ok. I am seeing now. I completed installation restart and desktop came. I move to EFI folder to High Sierra EFI drive restart but I dont see my high sierra on clover boot screen? I just can boot with USB drive. How can I boot without installer USB?

@gengik84

After a BIOS reset and a creating a new installer with a fresh clover r4187 with clean config and kexts, I managed to install macOS High Sierra DP 7 on Asus Prime Z270-A successfully with an AMD RX 560 4GB :)

the SATA ports work OOB without the need of SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext ;)

Addition:

Thanks for your help as always :)

post-1011040-0-85587100-1503508123_thumb.png

• Like 2

@gengik84

After a BIOS reset and a creating a new installer with a fresh clover r4187 with clean config and kexts

Hi good sir, what is your process for compiling clover from source? I've tried a few methods on the internet but it fails to compile/link.  

Hi good sir, what is your process for compiling clover from source? I've tried a few methods on the internet but it fails to compile/link.  

And hello to you my friend :)

I use Build_Clover 4.5.3.command from this topic

Here is the latest version of the command

Build_Clover 4.5.3.command.zip

After install High Sierra I have seeing "Boot Filevault Prebooter from Preboot" drive on Clover Boot Screen is that normal?

Yes it is normal

Off-Topic but exciting

Intel 8th Generation is out. Coffee Lake (KabyLake R) processors and Intel UHD Graphics

P8oyvt03sr6KhkKB.jpg

source: https://www.techpowerup.com/236313/intel-8th-gen-core-i5-and-core-i7-retail-boxes-pictured

• Like 3

Yes it is normal

Off-Topic but exciting

Intel 8th Generation is out. Coffee Lake (KabyLake R) processors and Intel UHD Graphics

source: https://www.techpowerup.com/236313/intel-8th-gen-core-i5-and-core-i7-retail-boxes-pictured

I'm looking forward to Cannonlake (or even beyond to Icelake).  But I'm really looking to see what benefits z370 and z390 bring to the table.  One thing that irks me with z170 is what happens to my SATA ports (3 out of 6 get disabled) when I install a second m.2 drive............We need more PCI Express lanes!!!

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Cannonlake (or even beyond to Icelake).  But I'm really looking to see what benefits z370 and z390 bring to the table.  One thing that irks me with z170 is what happens to my SATA ports (3 out of 6 get disabled) when I install a second m.2 drive............We need more PCI Express lanes!!!

Sounds amazing, But why are they doing this to us?   :hysterical:  :hysterical:

We just got x299 and the core i9 processors :D 

• Like 1

:hysterical: One word: Ryzen. But competition is a good thing.

Yeah with the Thread-ripper intel is gonna look bad :D ( and it does )  :D

Yeah that's the worst thing about the Z170 chipset because they use the same PCI-Express lanes.

• Like 1

Guys When install Clover_v2.4k_r4173 to High Sierra volume its installed High Sierra Root don't install EFI partition? Even I open the right EFI Drive first. My drives look like these:

Clover installer can't mount the EFI partition on an APFS disk, you need to mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually.

• Like 2

Clover installer can't mount the EFI partition on an APFS disk, you need to mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually.

I wonder why CloverConfigurator (and Disk Utility in debug mode) can mount the EFI partition on an APFS-formatted drive, but Clover's installer can't.  Seems that Clover's installer code can benefit from an update, or at the very least, explain to new users what to do (mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually).

• Like 1

I wonder why CloverConfigurator (and Disk Utility in debug mode) can mount the EFI partition on an APFS-formatted drive, but Clover's installer can't.  Seems that Clover's installer code can benefit from an update, or at the very least, explain to new users what to do (mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually).

I noticed that EFI Mounter would not mount the EFI partition on an APFS-formatted drive, but Clover Configurator can.

• Like 1

What you need to know is that it is useless to install the Clover package when it knows it does not work on the APFS
Prepare your EFI file and transport it to High Sierra. Or modify your EFI in MacOS Sierra simply
If it would have been easy to make Clover modify for the APFS installation and well it would have been already done. It seems a few things very difficult and must wait for the experts to look into this Matter.
  • Like 2

I wonder why CloverConfigurator (and Disk Utility in debug mode) can mount the EFI partition on an APFS-formatted drive, but Clover's installer can't. Seems that Clover's installer code can benefit from an update, or at the very least, explain to new users what to do (mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually).

There are plenty of conversations about this in the clover topic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk