[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Maybe you were watching another file download but my latest version does not.

0:128  0:000  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
0:131  0:003  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
0:138  0:006  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
0:144  0:006  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
0:149  0:004  Loading DataHubDxe-64.efi  status=Success
0:157  0:007  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
0:163  0:006  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
0:168  0:005  Loading OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi  status=Success
0:170  0:001  Loading OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi  status=Success
0:175  0:004  Loading HFSPlus64.efi  status=Success
0:179  0:003   - driver needs connecting
0:179  0:000  Loading PartitionDxe-64.efi  status=Success
0:182  0:003   - driver needs connecting
0:182  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
0:187  0:004  Loading VBoxHfs-64.efi  status=Success
0:189  0:002   - driver needs connecting

и далее

18:338  0:014  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

18:341  0:002    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
18:353  0:011    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
18:357  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
18:369  0:012      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
18:374  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

OK, your log looks good but I assume you still are not getting video to load or you would have said so.  (BTW, it appears that you need the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi driver because, without it, you can only get 1024x768 screen resolution.)  I see no signs of your Nvidia GPU.  Do you have a BIOS setting that allows you to select your GPU?  I checked out the user manual for your model and there is a setting for graphics configuration in your BIOS.  I would have expected some reference to the NVIDIA GPU in the  preboot.log that indicates that it was disabled by your DSDT.  You may just have to change your BIOS setting to select one GPU. It is possible that the GPU you need to select is the NVIDIA GPU and disable the Intel HD GPU.  If so, you need to go back to your original DSDT that did not disable it.  My BIOS does not allow me to change my graphics settings.  You are fortunate to have that.  See if that helps you.

• Like 1

May be you missing the steps to downloads Utility.dmg

Remove the bad one and trash it

I redownloaded the new beta acces utility, installed it but I get the same 13mb install mac os high sierra beta.app, I think it'll download the rest of 5gb maybe when installing but I don't want this, I want the full Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app :D

I redownloaded the new beta acces utility, installed it but I get the same 13mb install mac os high sierra beta.app, I think it'll download the rest of 5gb maybe when installing but I don't want this, I want the full Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app :D

Trash the small 13mb

reboot before trying the dmg

• Like 1

Nope, doesn't make any difference...

Maybe it's smbios related, what smbios you have? I tried MacPro5,1, MacPro6,1 and iMac18,3.

I have iMac 14.2, you can also try iMac 13.1

• Like 1

Nope, doesn't make any difference...

Maybe it's smbios related, what smbios you have? I tried MacPro5,1, MacPro6,1 and iMac18,3.

I had this problem a while back. I rebooted my router, I removed all the versions of macOS High Sierra, I rebooted my computer and used the link "macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288" directly from another OS.

• Like 1

I have iMac 14.2, you can also try iMac 13.1

Tried both now, same result...

I had this problem a while back. I rebooted my router, I removed all the versions of macOS High Sierra, I rebooted my computer and used the link "macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288" directly from another OS.

I'll try to reboot router and use the link, I don't have any high sierra app now and I have only Sierra 10.12.6 installed...

Tried both now, same result...

I'll try to reboot router and use the link, I don't have any high sierra app now and I have only Sierra 10.12.6 installed...

You can use any version of macOS, Sierra or High Sierra.

You just need to enroll the OS.

• Like 1

You can use any version of macOS, Sierra or High Sierra.

You just need to enroll the OS.

It's enrolled, I was able to download full app before(DB1,2,3,4,5) without this problem.

Btw I tried rebooting router and pc then download with direct link and isn't working...

It's enrolled, I was able to download full app before(DB1,2,3,4,5) without this problem.

Btw I tried rebooting router and pc then download with direct link and isn't working...

That's wired, because I encountered the same problem twice and each time I could download the app after doing those steps. 

Addition:

Can you do a fresh install of macOS to an external device?

Reboot -x and retry to downloads

Ok, someone from forum gives me a link to DB7, but now I have the old ICH10 problem with waiting for root, I tried Core.pkg method but gives me instant error.

Any suggestions?

Rebuild new prelinkedkernel for ICH10.

An advantage of this method is that you can change kexts in the installer's /S/L/E eg you can replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 with v328, to fix "Still Waiting for Root Device Error" on systems with ICH10

• Like 1

@LuCyr04,

I followed @crazybirdy's instructions in "HowTo-10.13.x.txt" 

A. (Disk1mbrInstaller, minimal size: 2.1 GB)
   Make BaseSystem partition to boot the MBR-installer.

1. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to HFS partition and rename the partition’s name as Disk1mbrInstaller as /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/

2. Remove /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages first (since DB6), make directory of /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages, and copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg to /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

3. OSInstaller replace to
/Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstaller.framework/Versions/A/OSInstaller

4. Copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages/Core.pkg/System/Library/Kernels/kernel to /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
(use Pacifist v3.2.14+ to access the contents of Core.pkg, and make directory /System/Library/Kernels first.)
(Need kernel only if you use Chameleon with -f to boot the installer disk, needn't with Clover.)

5. Done for Disk1mbrInstaller.

and extracted /S/L/E & /Kernels from "Core.pkg" to Disk1mbrInstaller using Pacifist as explained in his post#2042, replaced AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 with v328, then updated kernelcache/prelinked kernel on the USB Installer...

post-846696-0-27616700-1503830361_thumb.png

sudo mv /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.329
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/AppleAHCIPort_v328.kext /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext 
sudo touch /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller 

PS

I successfully upgraded DB6 to DB7 with my original DB6 Disk1mbrInstaller.  Only needed to replace OSInstall.mpkg from DB6/17A344b with OSInstall.mpkg from DB7/17A352a in /Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages folder.

Steps to upgrade install:

1) Directly run DB7 "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app", targeting the desired HFS+ or APFS installation partition --> automatically creates "macOS Install Data" folder on that volume

2) At first restart, boot to Disk1mbrInstaller ---> choose language ---> files from install packages written to disk

3) At second restart, boot to fully upgraded High Sierra partition  :). 

AppleAHCIPort_v328.kext.zip

• Like 1

@LuCyr04,

I followed @crazybirdy's instructions in "HowTo-10.13.x.txt" 

A. (Disk1mbrInstaller, minimal size: 2.1 GB)
   Make BaseSystem partition to boot the MBR-installer.

1. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to HFS partition and rename the partition’s name as Disk1mbrInstaller as /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/

2. Remove /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages first (since DB6), make directory of /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages, and copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg to /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

3. OSInstaller replace to
/Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstaller.framework/Versions/A/OSInstaller

4. Copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages/Core.pkg/System/Library/Kernels/kernel to /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
(use Pacifist v3.2.14+ to access the contents of Core.pkg, and make directory /System/Library/Kernels first.)
(Need kernel only if you use Chameleon with -f to boot the installer disk, needn't with Clover.)

5. Done for Disk1mbrInstaller.

and extracted /S/L/E & /Kernels from "Core.pkg" to Disk1mbrInstaller using Pacifist as explained in his post#2042, replaced AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 with v328, then updated kernelcache/prelinked kernel on the USB Installer...

attachicon.gifCore extract S:L:E & Kernels to Disk1mbrInstaller.png

sudo mv /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.329
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/AppleAHCIPort_v328.kext /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext 
sudo touch /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller 

PS

I successfully upgraded DB6 to DB7 with my original DB6 Disk1mbrInstaller.  Only needed to replace OSInstall.mpkg from DB6/17A344b with OSInstall.mpkg from DB7/17A352a in /Disk1mbrInstaller/System/Installation/Packages folder.

Steps to upgrade install:

1) Directly run DB7 "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app", targeting the desired HFS+ or APFS installation partition --> automatically creates "macOS Install Data" folder on that volume

2) At first restart, boot to Disk1mbrInstaller ---> choose language ---> files from install packages written to disk

3) At second restart, boot to fully upgraded High Sierra partition  :). 

Thanks but I get this.

post-1206878-0-04302100-1503833380_thumb.jpg

@Lucyr04 

in desperation of cause you can use OSInstall.mpkg, you start it on the empty SSD or HD

and if it does not see the disk, Unmount the SSD leaving the program open, and remount the ssd. He should see him

PS:I am not recommend this method, only in total desperation  :rolleyes:

• Like 1