JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

For some reason it keeps displaying a message saying that the Azalia kext was no proper installed or something like that, i tried repairing the permissions in the disk utility and terminal as well and it didn't worked, it just stopped when i deleted the kext, i heard that if i copy the file from and old installl and repair the permission it shuld work, but I have no other install...

Resuming, my sound, NIC and Wlan are not working with the 10.4.8, they worked in 10.4.7 though. well, not the sound really, it just shows all the slide bars and things for the volume but never worked for real....

For some reason it keeps displaying a message saying that the Azalia kext was no proper installed or something like that, i tried repairing the permissions in the disk utility and terminal as well and it didn't worked, it just stopped when i deleted the kext, i heard that if i copy the file from and old installl and repair the permission it shuld work, but I have no other install...

Resuming, my sound, NIC and Wlan are not working with the 10.4.8, they worked in 10.4.7 though. well, not the sound really, it just shows all the slide bars and things for the volume but never worked for real....

open terminal

sudo -s

password

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext

Reboot

Hello all.

First of all I do apologize if I am a bit newbie for this discussion, but I did not want to open a new topic on "JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD"...

I am trying to install it on this system;

Acer Travelmate 8215WLMi

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 / 2 GHz / 4 MB - L2 Cache

2 GB DDR II SDRAM (Dual channel)

160 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

DVD±RW (+R double layer)

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

15.4" TFT active matrix 1680 x 1050 ( WSXGA+ )

ATI Mobility x1600 512 Mbyte GDDR3 Ram

I have tried it with VMWare but everytime with different system guest operating systems I get the same "virtual machine kernel stack fault" error.

I have tried to install directly from boot-up but at that time it stuck at the first Apple screen with the loading indicator turning...

I understand some people had trouble with trying to install it on SATA drives but I could not find what to do to solve that problem, if my problem is trying to install it on SATA...

I also realised people are talking about trying with different kernels but I could not see any detailed description how to do that. I only have the DVD, how can I try it with different kernels? Should I change a file in the DVD, if so how can I do that in a DVD image?

Thank you...

My installation won't even start right. I would search for forum for this, but I'm not really sure what it is called. I can explain it. The installation gets to that first grey screen with the apple in the middle and the little spinny circle thing at the bottom. It just keeps on spinning. Has been doing it for about half an hour now. At the very top of the apple (where the stem is), a little white box appeared with a grey "X" in it (like on a no smoking sign). What is happening? I am running this:

Core 2 Duo E6400

Intel DG965HW

Nvidia 6800XT 256MB

hi all,

im a newbie to hackintosh. i installed using the jas 10.4.8 intel only reseed dvd on a sata 160gb hdd. t completed successfully and asked to restart . when t restarts t s displaying "Error loading system files or system boot." could any one help me . how do i hav to connect my drives? will t work on a sata ?

sys config :

intel core 2 duo 1.86Ghz

asus p5ld2vm-se motherboard

1 gb ddr2 ram 533Mhz

seagate 160gb sata

My installation won't even start right. I would search for forum for this, but I'm not really sure what it is called. I can explain it. The installation gets to that first grey screen with the apple in the middle and the little spinny circle thing at the bottom. It just keeps on spinning. Has been doing it for about half an hour now. At the very top of the apple (where the stem is), a little white box appeared with a grey "X" in it (like on a no smoking sign). What is happening? I am running this:

Core 2 Duo E6400

Intel DG965HW

Nvidia 6800XT 256MB

Hi,

I think the only way to see where it freezes is to start with -v. To do that you should press F8 when it asks you to press any key to install Macx OS X. You sould see

boot:

type -v and enter, write down the last couple of the lines and then people here can know what might be the problem.

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency.

Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no kernel dependency.

Still waiting for root drive.

So for storage, i have 2 SATA Drives in RAID 0 arrary. Those are my only internal disk drives. Is that why it isn't loading anything? External drives, I have 2 USB drives. 1 WD MyBook and 1 PATA drive in USB enclosure. I'm guessing OS X can't install to a USB drive? I thought that I had done that previously. Is there something else wrong?

ok, so i read some stuff and decided to connect an IDE drive to my Primary Master PATA device, and leave the Primary Secondary as my DVD drive. Still the same results. Actually, the line about the USBMassStorageClass is gone, but the iTunesPhoneDriver line is still there, and same with the "Waiting for root drive". What do you suggest?

I got this to install only one way, either boot another osx dvd (used my 10.4.5 dvd) to format the drive with the diskutil from that release or format the drive with disutil from a running osx installation, then reboot and boot with this dvd and install 10.4.8, thats the only way I could install with a functioning partition setup, using the diskutil from the 10.4.8 dvd results in a partitioning scheme with an efi partition, it's running now with the way I just used on my intel 945GNT board, only problem is my GMA950 is stuck at 1024x768 with no other resolution options but oddly still shows QE/CE, anyone have a fix for this? -in addition, installing the sec update killed the install and just hangs at boot forever, my other install of 10.4.8 using the old kernel and r2d2 kext is updated to the last sec update with no problems on the other hand.

Edited by xforce

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i updated from 10.4.6 jas (was working beautifully) --->jas 10.4.8 SSE3 intel only. ok install went ok, got a kernel panic on first boot, i restarted without the dvd, got to the desktop, but no usb. keyboard and mouse no worky. after readin this thread it seems that i was not suppose to select the 'usb 2.0 fix' on dvd install. well i already did. is there any way i can re-install this 10.4.8 update without selecting the 'usb 2.0 fix' and having it work? what im trying to ask is if i HAVE to wipe the HD and re-install OSX new again? i reallyu dont want to loose all the data on my HD...before this osx was working perfect, i just wanted to update to the newest kernel :tomato:

btw this is a native install with a 775 lga P4 @2.66ghz, 1gb DDR ram, GMA 900, sata 160gb hd.

I've tried a new Dell Inspiron 9400 with no luck. Selected SSE2/3 intel patch with JaS 10.4.8 installer, and the ATI x1?00 patch. I get just past the apple logo boot screen, then vertical black and white bars (laptop display) or plain white screen (external display). Will try 10.4.7 next, as I heard some people had better luck with it.

Here is my system:

Processor and Memory:

Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7200, 22 GHz

667 MHz front-side bus

2 x 2 MB L2 cache (2 MB per processing core)

2 GB (shared) dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM3 (2 x 1024 MB)

Drives:

160 GB4 Serial ATA

CD-RW\DVD±RW5 combo drive

Write: 8x DVD±RW

Display and Video Card:

17-in. TFT WUXGA UltraSharp™ active-matrix display with TrueLife™ technology, 16.7 M colours 1900 x 1200 (native)

Up to 256 MB (shared) PCI Express™ x16 ATI® MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400

Audio:

Integrated sound system

Built-in stereo speakers with subwoofer

External ports: line-out (speakers/headphone), microphone

Communication:

56K V.92 data/fax modem

10/100 integrated Ethernet LAN

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 tri-mode internal wireless, 802.11a/b/g

Internal Dell™ wireless 350 Bluetooth® module (2.0 + enhanced data rate)

Good luck to others!

I did installation twice, one with semthex and another with mifki kernel.

Installation are OK, but need DVD to boot. Without DVD, bliking cursor appears...stuck.

Like other user mentioned.

I got GMA915(?) Extention error when boot up finish.

QE/CI are working OK.

Onboard LAN/Sound works (with patch).

---my testing rig ---

DELL GX520 (GMA950) CelD-2.8 1024MB PATA-80GB

I will watch this forum to see if I can find the solutions.

Had the same problem, all I needed to do was set the OS X partition as active..

• 10 months later...
Extensions for HP Pavilion 8000 series can be downloaded from this place (graphics with install script, ethernet extension and airport extension):http://www.box.net/public/kd5ulo8u6hUse the HP.Pavilion.GFXExtensions.10.4.8.zip for this new release.The "about this mac" problem can be solved with the "10.4.4 Login extension" option during install.
After trying almost every solution I could find out there, this patch finally made it work!!!Now I have 1600x1200 with QE/CI enabled on my Dell E510 with x600. Big thanks!!!
After trying almost every solution I could find out there, this patch finally made it work!!!Now I have 1600x1200 with QE/CI enabled on my Dell E510 with x600. Big thanks!!!
By the way, had to change 3150 to 5b62 for the desktop x600.

• 1 month later...

Hi, everyone!

I'm a newbie here and I'd like to ask you a couple of things.

Just installed Tiger 10.4.8 (jas intel) on a HP pavillion 5000 onto

its partitioned HD. Also installed Acronis OS selector.

With a lot of surprise, everything went smooth at the very first time, and

the OS has been installed and it boots w/out troubles.

Obviously I had and still have, some problem: audio, video and wireless.

I 've read tons of pages from this and other forums, and I've tried several solution for the audio and at last

the Azalias package worked well. More trouble I've found with the grafic (intel's GMA 945), I had only 1024*640.

When I installed Tiger I've unchecked the GMA support, cos I've read that it was not stable,

than later I've read somewhere else it was ok, so I've installed it. Now the machine boots in Tiger

smoothly with the right resolution (1280*800) but after 10-15 seconds the machine stops and the screen goes

black and there nothing I can do but restart holding down the start button.

First, I do Not know anything about terminal commands and I'd like to know if it's possible to remove what I've installed (the GMA 945 stuff), second, if there's some other way to obtain the right resolution on my Tiger OS.

I understand that there's no solution for the wireless yet (intel 3945) but I was wondering if ethernet was ok for someone as it seems it's not working for me...

Thanks for your kind attention and for all the hard work of the supporters

Cheers

nipponjin ;)