JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

I guess I could solve Celeron-D FSB issue.

I read Semthex FAQ and there is FSB thing as Rammjet point out to me.

20061111152918.jpg

So I change /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-y</string>
	<key>Boot Graphics</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>10</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have changed fsb=133 into -y.

Then Geekbench shows correct Processor Frequency now.

20061111152916.jpg

Thank you Rammjet!

Alright This week coming up I will be making a ppf for the intel sse3 dvd. I want a list of the problems people are having , and if they have been fixed post install.Please keep it to

hardware , problem and solution.

this way I can fix the issues and get it out so we all have have a even better true 10.4.8 intel install dvd.And with sse2 on its way I want to get these things worked out now.

If you all feel a thread to list this info is better then someone start it and call it something easy for me to notice , like JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ISO PPF Discussion.

I just wanted to add my experiences with 10.4.8

This is the second machine I'm installing OS X on, and the first time I'm installing 10.4.8. The first try at 10.4.8 didn't work, I got a blinking cursor that said loading Darwin/X86 and then the computer would restart.

I then figured out the problem was when I clicked on custom installation, I didn't go in and specify which packages in the custom installation I wanted. So I reinstalled and selected a couple of options including the JaS update, Semthex kernel, USB support, and GMA 950. I believe. Problem is, when it installed, my mouse (USB) stopped working. I reinstalled WITHOUT the usb 2.0 support, and now it works fine. So don't select that usb 2.0 fix in the installation.

My hardware is

Core2Duo (E6400)

Asrock Conroe 945g-dvi

320gb SATA wd

Motu 828mkii

In order to get the lan working, I used the Neophus driver listed on the Asrock's wiki page.

About this mac didn't work but you can use login window from 4.4.... my system profiler is still not working but I'm working on that.

The only other issue I'm having is with my Motu. When I try to play a dvd, there is an audio delay. I'm not sure what is causing that, but I'm going to post a threat just for that.

Heya JaS and Semthex,

As far as issues for next PPF:

1) The Apple update 261.4.2 for USB got my USB at least back to where I can use a USB KB & mouse (without having to have ps/2 KB & mouse plugged in at the same time), but that's ALL I have - still no USB 2.0 devices recognized (although when I plug them in, I do hear my CPU fan gear up uite a bit..... btw, yes, all USB 1.1 & 2.0 devices work flawlessly when I boot Winblows ono this machine).

2) Still no sound, after trying a couple different suggestions (including some who have said adding the Azalia kext has gotten THEIR Intel ICH sound working - although mine just tells me that it can't load that kext, so had to remove it).

3) My P4 560 is still recognized as a Core Solo, even with hyper-threading enabled, although performance-wise, speed seems very good.

In addition to specs in my sig, I'm running the dvm_rc12 kernel (these same issues were happening identically before dropping this kernel in).

edit: BTW, I'm just recalling that up through either 10.4.3 or 10.4.4, my sound and USB 2.0 were running smoothly.

Cheers to all the excellent work so far!

Can somebody send me The Apple update 261.4.2 for USB to chocobo2k at gmail dot com. I cannot seem to find it on their development website anymore. I installed USB fix from jas 1.4.8 and now all my USb devices are not working anymore. How can I restore the USB.

EDIT: Okay. i found it. You download the log version but you install the included NON log version

Can somebody send me The Apple update 261.4.2 for USB to chocobo2k at gmail dot com. I cannot seem to find it on their development website anymore. I installed USB fix from jas 1.4.8 and now all my USb devices are not working anymore. How can I restore the USB.

EDIT: Okay. i found it. You download the log version but you install the included NON log version

wisman

hey i had the same problem.. what i did was to install osx 10.4.4 and then only select the update 10.4.8 and the semethex kernel and boot my system. my usb is working now and so is my graphic card...

Hi I installed Jas 10.4.8 and after booting i got this message.PLEASE HELP. Any advise would be grately apreciated.

THNX

pfmarios

hey i got the same error, in order to fix it you need to unselect the GMA 950 and GMA 900 and everything will go well

Hi my experiences with the install so far (my specs are in sig). Using Mikfi kernal all is fine system seems pretty stable. I can't get audio to work tried the fix but it doesn't seem to work. No difference after the install. Also I have an Asus 1600 pcie graphics card used the Boris 3.6 installer and it made my system unbootable. After the apple splash screen I get crazy artifacts and it hangs.

The actual install seems to work really well though. Thanks JaS

Installed nicely but couldn't get absolutely anyting to work...

Ethernet doesn't work (Broadcom Gigabit NetXtreme 57xx) (ven:14E4 dev:1677),

Sound doesn't work (Sound Blaster Live! 24bit) (ven: 1102 dev:0007),

when i played a quicktime video the video wouldn't show up (just white was shown in quicktime) and you could still scroll through the time (worked before on 10.4.6) (ATI RADEON X300/X550) (ven: 1002 dev:5B60),

USB doesn't work (Intel® 8280 1FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658) (ven:8086 dev:2658),

PCI cards dont work(Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge 244E) (ven: 8086 dev:244E),

CD and DVD drives dont work

DVD (ven: 8601 dev:KD10),

help would be much appreciated ;) , or guidance to a thread.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK JaS!!!

I'm having trouble installing apple osx, my hardware:

Asrock ConroeXfire-eSataII

Intel PentiumD 805 (dual core, sse, sse2, sse3)

2GB Ram

Asus X1600XT Silent 256 MB

Maxtor Maxline III 250GB SataII

Plextor 755SA optical drive

Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Sweex 54Mbit PCI wlan adapter

I have used these versions.

JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.Only.Install.DVD.iso

Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack

The dvd's seem to boot fine, but after a minute or two I get:

apple.jpg

I got this image somewhere else in this topic, but it's exactly what I see on my screen.

According to the hardwarelist over at osx86project WIKI my hardware except maybe the last 2 mentioned items are compatible.

What is happening?

I've just reinstalled my OSX with the 10.4.8 (reseed) DVD and every still fine.

This time I've only installed the combo, mifki's kernel, azalia audio and window login.

Then in OSX I used Rammjet's method to make azaliaaudio work and ATIinject to have full control of my x1600 card (it boots oob with QE & CI).

Everything fine.

thanks @ ual808

and as for you people who get that no smoking looking sign, i got the same thing

for me, the issue was that my DVD drive was not master, it was slave, my cd drive was master

to solve this, i opened up my cpu, unplugged my cd drive (power and serial) then plugged that plug into my DVD drive, power and serial, then it came up as master and install went

Alright This week coming up I will be making a ppf for the intel sse3 dvd. I want a list of the problems people are having , and if they have been fixed post install.Please keep it to

hardware , problem and solution.

Firstly apologize if this has been covered somewhere else before- I searched and couldn't find anything on this.

So far the only problem I've noticed is that the trash doesn't work properly. The Icon shows that it has something in it but if you open it it's empty, and if you put something in it and open the trash, it doesn't show up.

Forget all that-fixed permissions and the problem is gone- yay! :blink:

Intel GNTLKR Mobo, Pentium D 930 CPU. Clean install from Jas 10.4.8 DVD.

Everything else that i've had a chance to test is smooth as butta!

Way to go Jas- much appreciated. :D

:2cents:

Okay, I got it running now on my (very slow) IDE drive, my install does NOT support my sata controller (Intel ICH7) do I need to install something for this?

Very strange not installing on ICH7, here is ICH7 and the X is installed on the Sata Drive

Heya JaS and Semthex,

2) Still no sound, after trying a couple different suggestions (including some who have said adding the Azalia kext has gotten THEIR Intel ICH sound working - although mine just tells me that it can't load that kext, so had to remove it).

With AppleAzaliaAudio.kext you need to remove AppleHDA.kext to gain sound.

I posted this as a seperate thread but didn't realize I should have posted here instead - I installed from the DVD ok using Mifki's kernel and the sse3 patch. However, I can't boot because the kernel always panics. This is on a Sony Vaio SZ370, 2Ghz Core 2 Duo w/ a GMA 950 or Nvidia 7400 (dual graphics system). Panic is the same on either graphics card. I have since reinstalled using the semthex kernel, and the panic is the same. I've attached a screenshot of what happens - can anyone help with what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.post-49723-1163456048_thumb.jpg

I get the same error as the above poster. I have a aci laptop sis 648FX mobo, Intel P4 640 3.2Ghz HT 800Mhz FSB SSE3, A347 SCSI controller, SCSI LG DVD R/W DL GCA 4080N,Ati9700 128MB, AMI Bios 6/7/05

It crashes seconds after booting from the cd and says to reboot. -v log is same as above picture.

10.4.6 and 10.4.7 work fine with a few of the common ati 9600 driver problems on this computer. What changed to make it not work with this same computer? I tried booting with

mach_kernel.mifki -v

no help though.

:hysterical:

By my opinion this is not a tracker issue...robustnes of distribution package should be increased...

..here I sugest to learn from proven "scene" distribution rules...where "releases must be broken into rars of 50.000.000 bytes" and "SFVs must be included"

i m totally agree with this !!!

best way to get uncorrupted iso