JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

so i have 2 DVD roms

sould i set the DVD rom that will be reading the apple DVD primary then? the DVDRW i have will not boot the 10.4.8 at all and i think its the primary secondary drive i don't have any other IDE device except for these two DVD drives

sorry guys but this is happening before any install at all ...just popin in the DVD on a blank HD.....even without the USB HD plug in i still get that

and -v gives me "still waiting for root device"

same problem as this dude here cept i only have "still waiting for root device" error in -v

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32290

I second that scenario as well, but it's with trying to boot directly off the first version pre-fix DVD.

Also worth noting, I have had zero issues in the past with my old hardware config, laptop, HTPC, or office Dell system booting installs from USB HD of version 10.4.5 updated to 10.4.7.

man i tried setting it primary on the dvd rom still would not boot...also try burning the image with alcohol 120 still no go... also to let you guys know ( the ppl telling me change this file load that file ) i've yet to be able to even boot from DVD to install screen here

this is what shows on my screen with -v

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

Started CPU 01

IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

disabled

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 3F2E02BC-6827-39B4-9BD0-A10706806A8F

Waiting for on <dict ID="0"><Key>IOProviderClass</Key><string ID="1"><IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</Key><string> ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 1655-AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

can't dertermine imediate dependencies for extension com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon

can't determine dependencies for com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon.

Couldn't alloc class "yukonosx"

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8023 PCI now active, GUID 0011d800006d3cb8; max speed s400.

NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.

display: family specific matching fails

USBF: 35. 29 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

USBF: 35. 30 AppleUSBEHCI[0x3a7f800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

USBF: 35. 31 AppleUSBEHCI[0x3a7f800]: UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

USBF: 35. 34 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

AppleVIAATADriver: VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0xd080, CRT 0xd000, IRQ 23, BM 0xcc08)

AppleVIAATADriver: VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0xd080, CRT 0xd400, IRQ 23, BM 0xcc08)

IOATAController device blocking bus.

USBF: 39.720 AppleUSBOHCI[0x3c6c800]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Still waiting for root device

so what does all this mean?

Finally I installed Jas10.4.8DVD (Nov-3 at Demono...) with new kernel into

My rigs:

MoBo: DELL Optiplex GX520 (i945)

CPU: Intel Celeron-D 2.xx GHz (I forgot exact Ghz)

Mem: 1GB (512MBx2) DDR2-533Mhz

PATA:80GB HD+DVD combo

SATA:80GB HD

I have tried installation on PATA-80GB this time.

Media: Jas 10.4.8 Nov-3 on DVD+RW media

---

1) Boot from DVD

2) Partitioned by DVD above (NOT other DVDs like 10.4.6Myz...)

3) Choose option: 10.4.8 Combo update/GMA950 (only these two)

4) Just let reboot after installation by itself

5) Choose keyboard type...and so on.

*During installation, I skipped DVD check. Also disselect printer driver to save space.

Belkin Bruetooth (USB) adapter was detected and working.

GMA950 QE/CI working, could choose display resolution (VGA-1600x1200 anything).

Onboard Lan BCM5701 was works with famous Hater's patched driver.

Sound works with modifying Info.plist.

Problem?: As far as I know System Profiler>hardware should be fixed by copying some files from working system or install DVD.

Entropy PHP5 works (old 10.4.8=10.4.4kernel +patch was NOT working).

MySQL (mysql-standard-5.0.27-osx10.4-i686.tar.gz) works, too.

I have tried GX620 (i945) with Pentium-D 820 on SATA-160HD.

Both core are working. Looks healthy running. ;)

Chaego. unplug everything and set your dvd-rw drive on Primary ide and set it to master. if this doesnt work, try it on secondary ide port. if these two doesn;t work, i recommend that you ask a favour from a friend and see if it works on their computer.

hope this helps

hi everyone! chaego`s thumbnail picture is my screenshot of my 24 sony monitor. I made that because nobody understood what I was talking about! anywayz I tried everything and Jas OS X still won`t work on my pc. My config is Core Duo e6600, mb: Intel Lemont 965, hdd S-ata 250 gb! i booted from my asus dvd-rw, the Jas Os X 10.4.6 and the latest jas 10.4.8 Intel sse3 and none of them worked! I tried verbose mode.. waiting for boot device! I tried setting my DVD to primary, that didn`t work, a friend told me to get an USB keyboard, I got myself a trasfomer from ps/2 to usb, that didn`t work, I unplugged everything, that didn`t work. I tried to get another keyboard, the same deal, wouldn`t recongnize it! I watched the video tutorial with acronis and everything, it didn`t work! I get the same stop sign as you can see in my screenshot! i know you guys are very busy, but if you have any good idead, i know you do, there are only smart people here, please please help me! many thanks in advance!

i've got this when i first installed as well, then i realise i installed both kernel. then i reinstall with just 1 and it boot up fine!!

i installed it on my hp dc 7100 spff and it is fine. problems with USB/ LAN/ sound but it is all fixed. i used the usb drivers off the apple dev website.

lan is fixed via d/ling the broadcom drivers posted by nisa and the sound is fixed from modifying the permissions of the kext files.

seems to be running very fast :angel: might going to try install on my sony vaio now.

i get this

picture002lm5.th.jpg

Hi All,

The blue block image mentioned in several posts above looks real cool with the GMA915 kext when the GMA950 kext is removed, I thought I'd share it with everyone. Has anyone any idea what to do as the light blue screen appears for a brief second before the picture below appears? I guess not so far on reading through the posts so far. Here's hoping for a working QE/CI graphics! System: 915-M5 mb; GMA900; pentium 4 3 GHz.

post-3646-1163110169_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

The blue block image mentioned in several posts above looks real cool with the GMA915 kext when the GMA950 kext is removed, I thought I'd share it with everyone. Has anyone any idea what to do as the light blue screen appears for a brief second before the picture below appears? I guess not so far on reading through the posts so far. Here's hoping for a working QE/CI graphics! System: 915-M5 mb; GMA900; pentium 4 3 GHz.

post-3646-1163110169_thumb.jpg

OK. Solved! I feel stupid. Re-read the posts. Just had to remove GMA950 stuff (which I did before) and then reload the Jas GMA900 pkg fom the jas 10.4.8 dvd and repair permissions. Fantastic. Now onto sound (ALC800)...... any ideas :)

Hey everybody.

I installed the 10.4.8 JaS DVD and the results seem to be very unsuccessful!

1) My USB devices don't work at all (I tried to install it twice, the first time checking and the second unchecking the USB fix);

2) My Internet connection is completely gone.

After noticing about these problems, I decided to install the previous working version, with the old kernel, but I get a message before it starts and my computer gets completely blocked.

Does anybody know a way to fix the problems of USB and Internet on the new installation?!?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND... trying to help! :)

USB> go for APPLE´s "kext".

Internet > Which is your card?

OK. Solved! I feel stupid. Re-read the posts. Just had to remove GMA950 stuff (which I did before) and then reload the Jas GMA900 pkg fom the jas 10.4.8 dvd and repair permissions. Fantastic. Now onto sound (ALC800)...... any ideas :)

I think it´s almost the same as mine (882), and RAMMJET has a topic about it.

You can use an installer from the mac-site for the usb. Search forum, there sure is to be links to it in many threads.

Same goes for the networkcard. Theres a few threads about it. Check out this post, hope it works for you too:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry226873

Thank you very much for your help, Jan_187.

I am sure the network card system you suggested will work, but I haven't been able to find any installer for my USB2. I have looked online and also I have searched in the Forum... :D any suggestions?

I've just followed that guide ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11339 ), which was said to be compatible with 10.4.8 but the disk utility actually screwed up my one and only HDD's partition table, so I am not happy at all. I am trying to recovert it from nothing, but I don't know if I can find any working app/solution that can do it for me.

The error message was something like "can't read partition table" then I tried the partition disk tool (following an advice from the irc channel!) and locked those small locks at the bottom left corner, and after that the partition tool quit with "invalid arguments".

At that time, all my partition table was lost!

Do you know any possible solution to recover my partition table, and IF I can do it, what do you suggest me next time I try to install OSX, what tool/swithces shell I use?

I installed Jas 10.4.8 DVD (Nov-3rd) in DELL SC430/GX520...

Seems they are working fine, but clock.

I noticed system clock gets late. For example, when I set clock at 9:00AM.

10 minutes later real time is 9:10AM but PC show 9:08AM etc.

I got Geekbench on the same machine. One is before new kernel Jas DVD was installed, and other is after New Kernel.

20061111152920.jpg

They are exactly the same machine but Kernel version.

Old one is 2790Mhz (Processor Frequency), New is 4200Mhz.

I imagine this is a problem. However, I don't know where I should edit and how.

I would like to avoid do the same thing again and again. I mean FSB set or anything.

What should I do from here?

My experience tells me that these happen on Celeron-D only.

:D

I installed Jas 10.4.8 DVD (Nov-3rd) in DELL SC430/GX520...

Seems they are working fine, but clock.

I noticed system clock gets late. For example, when I set clock at 9:00AM.

10 minutes later real time is 9:10AM but PC show 9:08AM etc.

When using the Semthex kernel, you may need to set your FSB frequency. It is set to 200 by default.

At boot, type: fsb=xxx (where xxx is a number like 133, 166 or 200)

fsb is a frequency

fsb (freq) = fsb (speed) / 4

Find your fsb (speed) in your BIOS or:

(OSX) System Profiler -> Hardware -> Bus Speed (fsb speed)

(Win) PC Wizard -> Mainboard -> Chipset -> fsb (speed) and fsb (freq) are both avail

Remember to divide the speed by 4. If your FSB (speed) is 667, then your FSB (freq) = 166 because 667/4 = 166

At boot, type fsb=166 (or whatever) or put the fsb in your boot.plist under Kernel Flags:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>
fsb=166
</string>

hey guys i have the jas.10.4.8 iso.. i installed it on my dell dimension 5150 everything goes well except when i restart the comp to set up mac os it does not recognize my usb port so i can use my keyboard or my mouse.. any idea how to fix this problem? thanks

Thanks Rammjet for quick advise.

The following is my /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist now.

It doesn't change situation. Even I did repairpermissions, delete kextcache mkext.

fsb speed is 533 and /4 is 133 for my Celeron-D 2.80G.

(edit) I set fsb=133 when boot, still the same result.(/edit)

Did I make anything wrong or forget?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>fsb=133</string>
	<key>Boot Graphics</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>