[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot @tluckfor your continuing help. Your old kext (and the SSDT) does indeed solve the problem, but the reason I did not originally use it is because it produces very jerky and imprecise movement with the trackpoint. However, I worked out that I had an incorrect ACPI path for my PS2 controller in the SSDT and, by correcting this, I now have perfect Trackpoint and Clickpad function with Acidanthera's latest version of VoodooPS2 (2.1.0).

With that, I now have a perfectly functioning, dual-booting T470 Hackintosh:

- Wifi and bluetooth (with a DW1560 card)

- SD card reader (no kext required)

- Display brightness etc.

- Battery life comparable to Windows 

- CPU power management

- USB, USB-C and USB-C charging

- Clickpad and Trackpoint.

Thanks a lot to you and everyone else in this thread for helping me to build this. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by wriggles
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, wriggles said:

Thanks a lot @tluckfor your continuing help. Your old kext (and the SSDT) does indeed solve the problem, but the reason I did not originally use it is because it produces very jerky and imprecise movement with the trackpoint. However, I worked out that I had an incorrect ACPI path for my PS2 controller in the SSDT and, by correcting this, I now have perfect Trackpoint and Clickpad function with Acidanthera's latest version of VoodooPS2 (2.1.0).

- CPU power management

Thanks a lot to you and everyone else in this thread for helping me to build this. :thumbsup_anim:

I have issue with the Capslock's light with lastest version voodoops2. How you use sd card reader without kext? thanks

On 12/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, wriggles said:

- CPU power management

Great. if you have any updates to T470 ACPI/DSDT/SSDT set, I can update the repo accordingly. 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, wriggles said:

- CPU power management

How did you manage to have your sdcard reader working??

Hi @tluck, first of all: THANK you for putting this together. I just got my t470s today. I have a couple of questions:

1. I installed Mojave on APFS which I am fine with. Can I skip #3 (Convert the Logical volume to Physical volume (for HFS))?

2. I don't understand step 4b. I ran the install_clover_scripts.cmd, but when I run "sudo mount -t msdos...", msdos doesn't exist. Is that a mistake/typo?

3. I created a custom DSDT using your scripts, but then the laptop doesn't seem to work right on the next reboot. I think maybe it has something to do with the step above I just mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Is 4K/60Hz working with the T460 (via mini-DP to DP) in MacOS? Tried to hackintosh my T450s but it wouldn't work with an external 4K display (only getting 1440p max), maybe HD4000 wasn't up to par or DVMT was too low. If 4K/60Hz works with the T460 without flashing custom bios to change the DVMT, I might upgrade. Thanks!

Is 4K/60Hz working with the T460 (via mini-DP to DP) in MacOS? Tried to hackintosh my T450s but it wouldn't work with an external 4K display (only getting 1440p max), maybe HD4000 wasn't up to par or DVMT was too low. If 4K/60Hz works with the T460 without flashing custom bios to change the DVMT, I might upgrade. Thanks!

Unfortunately it doesn't work. At least not for me.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, torch2k said:

Hi @tluck, first of all: THANK you for putting this together. I just got my t470s today. I have a couple of questions:

1. I installed Mojave on APFS which I am fine with. Can I skip #3 (Convert the Logical volume to Physical volume (for HFS))?

2. I don't understand step 4b. I ran the install_clover_scripts.cmd, but when I run "sudo mount -t msdos...", msdos doesn't exist. Is that a mistake/typo?

3. I created a custom DSDT using your scripts, but then the laptop doesn't seem to work right on the next reboot. I think maybe it has something to do with the step above I just mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1) you can skip when using APFS

2) if you cut/paste there could be odd formatting chars in there. 

step 4 (4b) the purpose is put the EFI Clover package onto your HD/SSD into the ESP partition so you don't need the USB anymore.

sudo mkdir /Volumes/ESP
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/ESP

3) step 4c - means replace the original ACPI/patched (DSDT/SSDT) files with the custom ones you just created (but maybe the ones in the zip will work fine.) 

presuming perhaps started with the DSDT.T470 files?

so gain mount the ESP via commands above (or use the espmount.bash script I provide)

copy the zip the ESP and then update with your files.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:11 PM, carlinyos said:

How did you manage to have your sdcard reader working??

It just works natively as a USB device. No kexts or tweaks needed. Make sure you haven't disabled it in SSDT-XHC-T470.dsl.

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 15.09.33.png

Edited by wriggles
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 7:56 AM, wriggles said:

It just works natively as a USB device. No kexts or tweaks needed. Make sure you haven't disabled it in SSDT-XHC-T470.dsl.

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 15.09.33.png

That's good. I see that you have overcome several problems that I still have. Could you please share your EFI folder with us? Thank you very much. 

Hello,

I recently installed High Sierra and Catalina in a T460s and with both OS I'm getting a slow boot because the 'spaceman_trim_free_blocks' task takes more than a minute to complete on every reboot. It looks like there are tons of blocks to trim (~53885255). This also happens with just turning on the computer and restarting. However, if I disable Trim in the clover config.plist, booting is fast.

I also noticed that erasing the disk or creating partitions with DiskUtil also takes several minutes when Trim is enabled, or just a couple of seconds if it's disabled.

The disk model is INTEL SSDSCKGF240A5L and BIOS N1CET78W (1.46). I'm also using the EFI folder from tluck's github.

Is anyone experiencing this issue?

Regards

bootSpaceman.jpg

Trying to get this installed on my T560 and running into 2 issues.

Firstly, in the instructions

For a T560: Set up the ACPI configuration files to match your model.  

go to /Volumes/ESP-USB/EFI/CLOVER
Rename  ACPI to ACPI.T460
Rename ACPI.T560 to ACPI

Is this still applicable?  I'm not seeing a ACPI.T560 folder (besides the DSDT.T560).    When not doing the above, I'm able to get it installed to my partition but when it boots up, it just sits at a gray screen with working mouse and when I hold down my power button, I see the shutoff dialogue like you normally see in OSX.  It's like the setup is hanging.  For what it's worth, I'm trying to install High Sierra.   Getting ready to try it again with Mojave and see if that works.

Also when I try making the custom ACPI files, I'm getting an AE_ALREADY_EXISTS error when running ./create_patched_DSDT.command.   I've done the ACPI dump via clover, copied the files over to a working MBP, and running the commands there.

Hi all,

I plan to buy a second hand T460, and is curious whether a BIOS whitelist is present for this laptop and whether BIOS flashing is possible to remove the whitelist? 

I read in a BIOS website that T460 has protected BIOS that cannot be flashed, yet here it seems like T460 does not have any whitelist protection and using BCM WiFi card has no problem.

Maybe it is related to specific BIOS version that I need to pay attention to?

Any advise is appreciated before I confirm my purchase.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Soeryobadja said:

Hi all,

I plan to buy a second hand T460, and is curious whether a BIOS whitelist is present for this laptop and whether BIOS flashing is possible to remove the whitelist? 

I read in a BIOS website that T460 has protected BIOS that cannot be flashed, yet here it seems like T460 does not have any whitelist protection and using BCM WiFi card has no problem.

Maybe it is related to specific BIOS version that I need to pay attention to?

Any advise is appreciated before I confirm my purchase.

Thank you.

There is no bios wifi whitelist in T460 so you can use any compatible wifi (bcm) card. 

I'm however not on the latest bios version but I don't think this would change, others can reply who are on the latest version of T460 bios.

Edited by nijhawank

11 hours ago, nijhawank said:

There is no bios wifi whitelist in T460 so you can use any compatible wifi (bcm) card. 

I'm however not on the latest bios version but I don't think this would change, others can reply who are on the latest version of T460 bios.

@nijhawank thank you for sharing. I am not so sure about the BIOS of the 2nd hand computer I am about to purchase, however may I know the one you use, so I can at least have a piece of reference for now, while waiting for advise from the other?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Soeryobadja said:

@nijhawank thank you for sharing. I am not so sure about the BIOS of the 2nd hand computer I am about to purchase, however may I know the one you use, so I can at least have a piece of reference for now, while waiting for advise from the other?

Thanks.

my t460 bios version is 1.36 however I checked the change logs for later versions and they are all about security and bug fixes. So you can go and buy your t460 without any worries.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, both my T460 and X270 perform perfectly. Everything works, latest Catalina etc.

BUT

I get very mediocre battery life (compared to Windows - about 40 percent less). I have tried to apply different power management stuff and to my knowledge evertything works. Intel Power Gadget shows that CPU on MacOS has much higher frequency (on idle) than on Windows. Anybody here has the same battery life on MacOS and Windows? What are your experiences? Any tricks?

Hi friends,

I have few questions regarding my Hackintosh which is Lenovo T460, perfectly stable with triple boot of windows, Mojave and Catalina. 

1. Regarding fully enabling SIP

For Mojave we were using CsrActiveConfig of 0x67 and with Catalina we have to use 0x3e7 for some extra protections available in Catalina and the new read-only system volume.

However for security reasons, now that the system is fully installed and configured, I want to fully enable SIP. 
All my kexts (fakesmc, lilu etc.) are installed in /Library/Extensions. I understand that when installing/updating these Hackintosh related kexts (rebuilding Kextcache) or when installing macOS updates I would need to disable SIP again but do you think it would be ok to enable the SIP during regular run of my Hackintosh?

2. On hibernate

i always disable hibernate (hibernate mode 0), standby and auto power off after installing my hack. Does any of you have hibernate enabled?

I also never enabled FileVault which may or may not be preferable in order to enable hibernate. 

I don’t really care about hibernation but just wondering about it to prevent a scenario when my hack is sleeping and battery becomes critically low. I’d be ok if I have a way to force a shutdown at that stage but I guess that may not be possible. Thoughts?

3. A small annoyance

When my hack goes to sleep, it makes a pop sound. No other problem with audio other than this minor annoyance. Anybody else experienced it and has a way to solve it?

Thanks and a very happy new year to all my friends.

6 hours ago, adaml75 said:

Hi everyone, both my T460 and X270 perform perfectly. Everything works, latest Catalina etc.

BUT

I get very mediocre battery life (compared to Windows - about 40 percent less). I have tried to apply different power management stuff and to my knowledge evertything works. Intel Power Gadget shows that CPU on MacOS has much higher frequency (on idle) than on Windows. Anybody here has the same battery life on MacOS and Windows? What are your experiences? Any tricks?

even though I have both windows and MacOS (Mojave and Catalina) on my hack which is T460, I can’t really comment on the difference in battery life between windows and macOS because I don’t really run windows on this machine that much and it is installed only if required just in case kind of scenarios.

However on a rough thinking, I also feel that battery runtime is better in windows than on macOS but I never really tried to compare it as I said I don’t use windows s as such on this hack.