[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, duythanh91 said:

Sorry if I ask stupid. But can you support Thinkpad X280? I used your script on X260 (with version of T460). And everything is great. I just switched to x280 yesterday and the first thing I did was hackintosh. But unfortunately, I'm a noob, so I don't know how to make everything perfect without your script. I'm willing to donate you to be motivated to help. Thank you

Well, I can say that it works with x270 with *very* slight modifications. Even video output via usb-c works like intended.

48 minutes ago, adaml75 said:

Have you tried any of the github repositories for x270? Google them. There are two or three. In my case they all required some small changes, but worked even without them.

I tried searching on github, but no luck. Can you send me your EFI?

Annotation 2020-02-28 162311.png

Hello everyone,
I did follow tluck guide to hackintosh my Lenovo T460s, but I have a problem about long sleep on my hackintosh laptop running 10.15 Catalina.
Quick sleep about 10-15 min is ok, but it's about 45 min or an hour then I can not shutdown my laptop. It's keeping restart all the time.
Does anyone have the same problem and any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

23 hours ago, adaml75 said:

Thanks, I tried it and it successfully started. Everything looks good, but the battery percentage is incorrect. Battery life is also quite bad. I have attached the original dsdt / ssdt file. Can someone help me patch it?

Archive.zip

You can improve battery life by adding CPUFriend kext and X86platformplugin (and making sure they actually load). However, the battery life is still worse than in Windows (20-30 percent, according to my estimates). Also, battery percentage indicator on my X270 is also bad, it updates very infrequently.

Hi I recently tried to make my old ThinkPad T460 i5, 8G, 256G SSD, 14' no-touch LED screen laptop to install Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave, by following your files and tutorials. Everything works fine, but I found my screen light cannot be adjusted, the Display panel only shows scales, but not light adjustment, also the bluetooth is not working as well, bluetooth seems working but cannot find anything, it always saying finding...., I am quite new to Hackintosh, so could you please help to get me out of there? thanks! 

On 9/15/2019 at 8:06 PM, kolodzieski said:

https://github.com/ESProcessing/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Note my delays are rolled into the Info.plist

<key>0489_e07a</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
                        <string>com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2</string>
                        <key>DisplayName</key>
                        <string>Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 USB</string>
                        <key>FirmwareKey</key>
                        <string>BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1483.1651_v5747</string>
                        <key>IOClass</key>
                        <string>BrcmPatchRAM2</string>
                        <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
                        <string>BrcmPatchRAM2</string>
                        <key>IOProviderClass</key>
                        <string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
                        <key>InitialDelay</key>
                        <integer>400</integer>
                        <key>ProbeDelayDelay</key>
                        <integer>200</integer>
                        <key>PostResetDelay</key>
                        <integer>400</integer>
                        <key>UpgradeDelay</key>
                        <integer>200</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>
                        <integer>57466</integer>
                        <key>idVendor</key>
                        <integer>1161</integer>
                </dict>

brcm.tar.gz

Hello @kolodzieski,

How do you maintain bcrm kexts (we are now with the 2.5.1 version) ? I'm talking about BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext as I'm still on the latest version of Mojave.

For @tluck : you can remove 

• FakePCIID.kext (1.3.6)
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (1.3.6)

And replace them by AirportBrcmFixup.kext in your next release.

And what about DisplayOverride folder and skylakeFB_patch and skylakeFB_unpatch commands ? Are they still needed ?

Do we still need this step : For 10.12.4+: Create a custom AppleBackLightInjector kext ?

Thank you to all. 

Edited by Mat

On 3/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, Mat said:

Hello @kolodzieski,

How do you maintain bcrm kexts (we are now with the 2.5.1 version) ? I'm talking about BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext as I'm still on the latest version of Mojave.

• FakePCIID.kext (1.3.6)

And what about DisplayOverride folder and skylakeFB_patch and skylakeFB_unpatch commands ? Are they still needed ?

Do we still need this step : For 10.12.4+: Create a custom AppleBackLightInjector kext ?

Thank you to all. 

ok.

and creating a custom backlight injector may help with creating a smooth brightness curve. the new Whatevergreen may work for that, otherwise you can override it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tluck said:

ok.

and creating a custom backlight injector may help with creating a smooth brightness curve. the new Whatevergreen may work for that, otherwise you can override it.

ok thanks. Concerning BRCM kexts, do you know the difference added to the kexts ? 

6 hours ago, Mat said:

ok thanks. Concerning BRCM kexts, do you know the difference added to the kexts ? 

i dont recall the details. i forked an early version to fix Brcm on startup and resume from sleep - mostly delay to avoid race conditions etc. and then Mr K retrofiitted the mods into the later version.

this is list of kexts in my T460 repo (after removing the Fake PCI stuff).

do you need AirportBrcmFixup.kext as well as the 3 Brcm kexts?

$ list-kexts.bash

ACPIBatteryManager.kext (1.90.1-tluck)

AppleALC.kext (1.4.7)

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (2.5.0)

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (2.5.0)

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (2.5.0)

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext (6.26.1443)

IntelMausiEthernet.kext (2.5.0)

Lilu.kext (1.4.2)

USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.1)

VoodooInput.kext (1.0.3)

VoodooPS2Controller.kext (2.1.2)

WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.7)

X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext (9.9.9)

quote: And what about DisplayOverride folder and skylakeFB_patch and skylakeFB_unpatch commands ? Are they still needed ?

The DisplayOverride and Backlight Injector pre-date WhatEvergreen so depending on your situation you can use them or not.

I was not really happy with the default color profiles etc to these also helped with that.  the injector fixed the display levels 0-16 to get smooth brightness. but for some WEG does this now just fine.

same for:  skylakeFB_patch and skylakeFB_unpatch command - this was the early way to patch gfx stuff but again WEG seems handle all this now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tluck said:

i dont recall the details. i forked an early version to fix Brcm on startup and resume from sleep - mostly delay to avoid race conditions etc. and then Mr K retrofiitted the mods into the later version.

this is list of kexts in my T460 repo (after removing the Fake PCI stuff).

do you need AirportBrcmFixup.kext as well as the 3 Brcm kexts?

$ list-kexts.bash

ACPIBatteryManager.kext (1.90.1-tluck)

AppleALC.kext (1.4.7)

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (2.5.0)

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (2.5.0)

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (2.5.0)

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext (6.26.1443)

IntelMausiEthernet.kext (2.5.0)

Lilu.kext (1.4.2)

USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.1)

VoodooInput.kext (1.0.3)

VoodooPS2Controller.kext (2.1.2)

WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.7)

X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext (9.9.9)

quote: And what about DisplayOverride folder and skylakeFB_patch and skylakeFB_unpatch commands ? Are they still needed ?

The DisplayOverride and Backlight Injector pre-date WhatEvergreen so depending on your situation you can use them or not.

I was not really happy with the default color profiles etc to these also helped with that.  the injector fixed the display levels 0-16 to get smooth brightness. but for some WEG does this now just fine.

same for:  skylakeFB_patch and skylakeFB_unpatch command - this was the early way to patch gfx stuff but again WEG seems handle all this now.

So you mean that in the latest release what you've done is already implemented ?

In my case, with Mojave, I read that :

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (2.5.0) : we don't have to use it

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (2.5.0) : ok

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (2.5.0) : we have to use the BrcmPatchRAM2 instead of the BrcmPatchRAM3

Do you confirm it ?

For AirportBrcmFixup.kext, I manage to get it with Hackintool thank you. And thank you too for your answers on display override and backlight injector.

Edited by Mat

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for the excellent guide and files, I was able to get everything up and running very quickly and smoothly.

I've almost got everything working, but my one issue is the wifi/BT card.

I purchased this card from ebay: a "BCM94352Z DW1560"

I installed/replaced the intel card and I don't have any airdrop functionality or wifi. Bluetooth kinda works though, as it can recognize an apple bluetooth keyboard. 

Here is a screen shot of my system report wifi section:

1095206295_ScreenShot2020-03-06at4_26_46AM.png.4e5ef2ee576bdf9a455c547b254b6ca4.png

I'm at a bit of a loss with what to do..

I am running the latest efi files from @tluck's github and the latest version of catalina (10.15.3).

Any help to get this running, or even other wifi card recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Edited by L-A-0
grammer

On 3/4/2020 at 4:17 PM, Mat said:

Hello @kolodzieski,

• FakePCIID.kext (1.3.6)

Thank you to all. 

Hi @Mat

I have three systems, two desktops and my t470. I have migrated all to Catalina and am using the official brcm/injector on all of my boxes without an issue. At this point I am no longer patching the forked branch. 

Cheers,

Scott.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, kolodzieski said:

Hi @Mat

I have three systems, two desktops and my t470. I have migrated all to Catalina and am using the official brcm/injector on all of my boxes without an issue. At this point I am no longer patching the forked branch. 

Cheers,

Scott.

hey buddy hope you are well. can you provide your kext list (and version) and i will match it in the repo.

this is what i have: Note: the FakePCIID stuff seems to be not needed anymore?

tluck@Toms-MBP16 /opt/Extra/OSX-build/Systems/T460/Lenovo-T460-Clover/EFI/CLOVER/kexts

$ list-kexts.bash

Misc/AppleBacklightInjector.kext (0.9.4)

Misc/AppleHDA_ALC293.kext (9278.56)

Misc/CodecCommander_ALC293.kext (2.5.0)

Misc/IntelBacklight.kext (1.0.11)

Misc/VoodooPS2Controller.kext (1.9.2)

Other/ACPIBatteryManager.kext (1.90.1-tluck)

Other/AppleALC.kext (1.4.6)

Other/BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (2.5.0)

Other/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (2.5.0)

Other/BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (2.5.0)

Other/EFICheckDisabler.kext

Other/FakePCIID.kext (1.3.6)

Other/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (1.3.6)

Other/FakeSMC.kext (6.26.1443)

Other/IntelMausiEthernet.kext (2.5.0)

Other/Lilu.kext (1.4.2)

Other/USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.1)

Other/VoodooPS2Controller.kext (2.1.1)

Other/WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.7)

Other/X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext (9.9.9)

#!/bin/bash

#

# Kexts in Other and Version dependent

#

klist=$(shopt -s nullglob ; ls -d *kext */*kext )

if [[ $klist != "" ]]

then

for kp in $klist;

do

k=${kp##*/}

echo -n "$kp "

#/usr/bin/plutil -p $kp/Contents/Info.plist|egrep "CFBundleVersion|CFBundleShortVersionString"

string=( $( /usr/bin/plutil -p $kp/Contents/Info.plist|egrep "CFBundleShortVersionString" | sed -e's? \"? (?g' -e's?\"?)?g') )

printf "%s\n" ${string[2]}

done

fi

exit

• Like 2

I do have an actual T460 running with a DW1560 card. Updating to the most recent versions of either AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext or BrcmPatchRAM3.kext makes WiFi and/or BT disappear. I still use the versions I pushed to the repo a few months ago, they've been working great (on 10.15.3 now), so I'd vote for leaving them as-is. I remember putting a lot of effort in finding the correct combination of the aforementioned kexts and finding a combination that works. Anyone else out there with a T460 and DW1560 combination that has a different experience?

18 hours ago, Styxie said:

I do have an actual T460 running with a DW1560 card. Updating to the most recent versions of either AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext or BrcmPatchRAM3.kext makes WiFi and/or BT disappear. I still use the versions I pushed to the repo a few months ago, they've been working great (on 10.15.3 now), so I'd vote for leaving them as-is. I remember putting a lot of effort in finding the correct combination of the aforementioned kexts and finding a combination that works. Anyone else out there with a T460 and DW1560 combination that has a different experience?

got it. can you list the versions that work? and i will sync to those versions. seems like i took what was working for @kolodzieski a few months ago. 

Edited by tluck