[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, nijhawank said:

I have been contemplating to enable SIP on my hackintosh. I load all custom extensions from /Library/Extensions followed by a kextcache rebuild. 

With my search in other threads, it has been said it is ok to enable SIP on hackintoshes after you are done with building the kextcaches.

How does it change with 10.14.5? Would it still be possible to build the kextcache by using a newer CsrActiveConfig of 0x3e7 as suggested at some places and once the kext cache is built, would we able to enable SIP and boot fine?

Or with 10.14.5 we must keep SIP disabled at all times?

Thanks.

Any one?

On 11/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, nijhawank said:

Can somebody help me answer this question? I have a T460 (not T460s or T460p) that has Intel Wireless-AC 8260NGW. I see BCM94352Z (Dell DW1560) as the best-recommended replacement WiFi Card at various places. However, before ordering I wanted to ensure compatibility.

Per https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Dell_Wireless_1560_(DW1560) it seems to have a U.FL Antenna Connectors. 

But 8260NGW has MHF4 Antenna Connectors per https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Intel_Dual_Band_Wireless-AC_8260_(8260NGW)

So I wanted to know if people who have used DW1560 in their T460, did they use some kind of adapters for the antenna connectors or is the information wrong in wikidevi.com?

I also know that there's another variation of BCM94352Z (Lenovo 04X6020). This has MHF4 per https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Foxconn_T77H543.00 but seems to have a different socket connector.

Hey, I found your comments really helpful

Already had a DW1560 on the way from China (actually, lenovo version which requires the  slot mod) which is still en route, but I actually had a BCM94360CS2 that I had tried to use with my T420 but never did because of the antennae mismatch (T420 uses the U.FL connectors and I never got around to ordering converters).

So I got one of these adapters for an NGFF slot on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS2-BCM943224PCIEBT2-Apple-Wireless-Card-to-NGFF-M-2-Key-A-E-Adapter/142695065484?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

BCM94360CS2 works great, I'm actually connected to the internet with it right now while writing this, using a bluetooth mouse.

The only issue is on my T460s there's about a 2-3mm bulge that prevents my housing from being closed all the way, so that's a bummer, but it's really not that bad, I can live with it.  Just wanted other people to be aware if they're thinking of doing the same thing.

Thanks for all the great info re: wifi adapters, they really helped me a lot.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, yangjohn said:

I using VoodooPS2Controller.kext from relase Lenovo-T460-Clover-2018.04.04 working fine with Mojave 10.14.2 .but any of rehubman's relase Voodoo version work well without use SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl to make three buttons working.If use .dsl clickpad will lag with finger touch although three buttons are effecting.I tried many versions of SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl but seems doesn't matter what contents inside all failed to improve this issue.My model is T460p with this problem when using rehubman's publish.Dose other three buttons user working fine?

I tried this on my T460s - just using stock VoodooPS2Controller.kext v 1.83, I appended .NotUsed to my SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl and I appear to have three finger swipe (back/forward pages) but that's the only gesture I can get to work.

Has anyone gotten any of the other gestures working?

On 5/16/2019 at 12:21 AM, nijhawank said:

I have been contemplating to enable SIP on my hackintosh. I load all custom extensions from /Library/Extensions followed by a kextcache rebuild. 

With my search in other threads, it has been said it is ok to enable SIP on hackintoshes after you are done with building the kextcaches.

How does it change with 10.14.5? Would it still be possible to build the kextcache by using a newer CsrActiveConfig of 0x3e7 as suggested at some places and once the kext cache is built, would we able to enable SIP and boot fine?

Or with 10.14.5 we must keep SIP disabled at all times?

you can decide what parts of SIP to enable / disable - and create a value to suit your needs.

the key items IMO

1) allow untrusted kexts

2) allow unapproved kexts

Custom Disable SIP: 0x3C3 = 11 1100 0011

/* Rootless configuration flags */

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS       (1 << 0)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS       (1 << 1)

#define CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID          (1 << 2)

#define CSR_ALLOW_KERNEL_DEBUGGER       (1 << 3)

#define CSR_ALLOW_APPLE_INTERNAL        (1 << 4)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE   (1 << 5)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM    (1 << 6)

#define CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION  (1 << 7)

#define CSR_ALLOW_ANY_RECOVERY_OS       (1 << 8)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNAPPROVED_KEXTS      (1 << 9)

2 hours ago, tluck said:

you can decide what parts of SIP to enable / disable - and create a value to suit your needs.

the key items IMO

1) allow untrusted kexts

2) allow unapproved kexts

Custom Disable SIP: 0x3C3 = 11 1100 0011

/* Rootless configuration flags */

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS       (1 << 0)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS       (1 << 1)

#define CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID          (1 << 2)

#define CSR_ALLOW_KERNEL_DEBUGGER       (1 << 3)

#define CSR_ALLOW_APPLE_INTERNAL        (1 << 4)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE   (1 << 5)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM    (1 << 6)

#define CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION  (1 << 7)

#define CSR_ALLOW_ANY_RECOVERY_OS       (1 << 8)

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNAPPROVED_KEXTS      (1 << 9)

You didn't understand my question. I want to enable full SIP (0x0) after the initial install or update (of course after building the kext caches), would this be ok with 10.14.5?

On 5/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, nijhawank said:

You didn't understand my question. I want to enable full SIP (0x0) after the initial install or update (of course after building the kext caches), would this be ok with 10.14.5?

right - yes you can enable SIP (after you have installed and rebuilt caches etc)  - you can test it by via Clover in the system parameters section - uncheck everything and boot up.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, yangjohn said:

I using VoodooPS2Controller.kext from relase Lenovo-T460-Clover-2018.04.04 working fine with Mojave 10.14.2 .but any of rehubman's relase Voodoo version work well without use SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl to make three buttons working.If use .dsl clickpad will lag with finger touch although three buttons are effecting.I tried many versions of SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl but seems doesn't matter what contents inside all failed to improve this issue.My model is T460p with this problem when using rehubman's publish.Dose other three buttons user working fine?

I tried this on my T460s - just using stock VoodooPS2Controller.kext v 1.83, I appended .NotUsed to my SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl and I appear to have three finger swipe (between safari pages) but that's the only gesture I can get to work.

• 2 weeks later...

WiFi Question.

(Sorry if this was discussed in the past already)

So I have an offer for a IPS T460, 16GB RAM, 256MB SSD for EUR 450,-.

There also is a seller on ebay offering the BCM 94352Z for EUR 50,-. So far, so good.

The seller states that this card will not work in a T460 as its blocked by BIOS.

How did you get around the BIOS whitelist not covering the M.2 card in question?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 3:57 AM, goodguess said:

WiFi Question.

(Sorry if this was discussed in the past already)

So I have an offer for a IPS T460, 16GB RAM, 256MB SSD for EUR 450,-.

There also is a seller on ebay offering the BCM 94352Z for EUR 50,-. So far, so good.

The seller states that this card will not work in a T460 as its blocked by BIOS.

How did you get around the BIOS whitelist not covering the M.2 card in question?

so do you have the T460 and BCM card now!? I will probably get one for my son soon. his T420 is totally used - kids are not kind to their systems! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 7/10/2019 at 12:21 PM, junaed.rx said:

Hello guys,

I have a comparison to make.

Does everybody's AppleACPIEC bound to boot-ec or under EC where it should be bound to.

For me it looks the same as yours.

Update to 10.14.6 went fine with latest Clover and kexts.

Edited by verleihnix
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, d1k2 said:

Has anyone gotten this working with Mojave on the T460/T560? Just wanted to make sure that Mojave was working well before I attempt to install it

Yes this works as is for Mojave, while you need to do a bit of work to make it compatible with Catalina. (Mainly upgrading Clover and the various kexts)

On 6/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, tluck said:

so do you have the T460 and BCM card now!? I will probably get one for my son soon. his T420 is totally used - kids are not kind to their systems! 

Hello tluck! You're coming back soon with a T460? Good news for everybody!

• 2 weeks later...

HDMI plug-play audio on t470 - i5-6300u

Added the following to my config.plist -- This gives me plug and play HDMI audio. The change starts at framebuffer-pipecount and concludes at the end of the dictionary. I still use AppleALC layout 29 and my standard SSDT-HDEF-t460.aml. 

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                    <data>AAAWGQ==</data>
                    <key>device-id</key>
                    <data>FhkAAA==</data>
                    <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                    <data>AACQAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                    <data>AAAwAQ==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                    <data>AAAAgA==</data>
                    <key>enable-cfl-backlight-fix</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
                    <data>AwAAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
                    <data>AwAAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
                    <data>AAgAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                    <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
                    <data>AAgAAA==</data>
                </dict>

Edited by kolodzieski
  • Like 1

There's a new build of VoodooPS2Controller by acidanthera out, it appears to emulate the Apple Magic Trackpad properly and honestly it does feel great in 10.15 beta 5. However, the trackpoint and its buttons do not work with that build. I'm wondering whether tluck is going to be updating his fork..

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 1:10 AM, silencer51 said:

There's a new build of VoodooPS2Controller by acidanthera out, it appears to emulate the Apple Magic Trackpad properly and honestly it does feel great in 10.15 beta 5. However, the trackpoint and its buttons do not work with that build. I'm wondering whether tluck is going to be updating his fork..

I gave that a try and it is working very well and smooth.

Thanks for the hint

Hi guys

Thanks tor grate work and I used on Thinkpad T460.

I have two question,/

1st, when I swapped CAPSLOCK and CTRL key, then before CTRL key was held down.

2nd, Intel NIC was lost connection randomly.

Any Suggestion?

10 hours ago, admkazuya said:

Hi guys

Thanks tor grate work and I used on Thinkpad T460.

I have two question,/

1st, when I swapped CAPSLOCK and CTRL key, then before CTRL key was held down.

2nd, Intel NIC was lost connection randomly.

Any Suggestion?

1st, I do not understand the point

2nd, which version of intel mausi kext are you using?

I used it last time to do a time machine backup of 8GB with no problems